camp I’ll Give You my Heart (‘Flower’ Crowns) Everything That I Am

Shinebug

Anxiety-Ridden Extrovert
Mar 3, 2023

Sky-blue eyes looked around sullenly as cats worked to rebuild camp, still locked away in the medicine den. More than the sickness, it was guilt that was eating away at Shinepaw now. Though the boy was on the mend thanks to the lungwort he’d been given, the apprentice was still confined in quarantine, told he needed to rest and regain his strength.

Once upon a time, Shinepaw would have thrown a tantrum fueled by insecurity, demanding that he be allowed to do his part and prove his worth. The child still wanted to; to wail and wallow in self-pity while thrashing limbs against the ground, but he’d long since realized his clanmates wouldn’t budge on the issue.

Instead, Shinepaw was attempting to put what energy he could muster towards something more productive. Everyone else had been through so much; their camp was in shambles, they’d fought rogues, and the journey cats had been through their own brand of hell. Needless to say, even in the aftermath of apparent victory, the mood was somber (and the Shaft of Sunlight’s own melancholy wasn’t helping matters either).

The pile of fur had set his paws to work, trying to weave some uplifting trinkets for Thunderclan’s champions. Leaf-bare’s grip had strangled any flowers in camp, and Shinepaw wouldn’t be allowed outside to look for any, so instead he’d had to make do with anything in the vicinity. After some time, the shaft of sunlight had a small pile of crowns for the cats working around him.

Unfortunately, they’d come out looking a but like the mood felt. Grey and orange hues from dead and decaying foliage formed most of the ornaments, so the apprentice added some moss from his own nest to the rim of each one, hoping to put a splash of color - and comfort - into the gifts.

The shaft of sunlight staggered just outside the medicine den with his creations, thankful for the fresh air, even as the cold of it stung his lungs. “Um, thank you all for taking care of me while I’ve been sick, and thank you to the others for bringing back a cure” he began, voice rather akin to a mouse before picking up ever so slightly. “I made these for everyone. I-I know we’ve lost a lot, but you all have worked hard saving what’s left, and you should be proud of that.” The boy’s anxiety was quick to get the better of him, and Shinepaw pushed the crowns to the front, embarrassed of his little speech.​

Tybalt’s ears swiveled towards the medicine den, picking up the tiny squeak of Shinepaw’s voice from a short distance away. The wavy-furred warrior turned to look towards the younger tom, padding over to inspect his offerings. The foliage had begun to wilt in the cold, but the apprentice had clearly put a lot of effort into them.

“You made these?” Tybalt asked, gingerly hooking one of the crowns with a claw and lifting it to examine in better. “Huh. Well done, Shinepaw.”

Rebuilding was... a process. Especially when they had all been comfortable (or as comfortable as they could've been, with sickness raging and rogues having a ball all around them) in their nests not even a moon ago. WindClan had been in the forest before they could question it. They'd been uprooted, planted, and uprooted again before she could say " mouse. "

Now here they are again. Moons of building and upkeep torn to tatters within half of one. More blood on her claws than she would've liked.

At least the medicine cats could breathe once again. ( And the sick, too, more literally. Har har. ) She is exhausted from picking up where she possibly could. The sunshiney fuzzball in the maw of the medicine den goes unnoticed into he breaks the soft quiet. The spark in her eyes is there, even if a bit dull. Stars know she would not be able to make such a thing herself. Nothin' but sweet, to work away at these things while still resting from sickness. Even Stagstrike's gotta admit they're a lil' it neat.

" Sheesh, RiverClan give ya weaving lessons back at mud - central? You ought to be leadin' the den repair operation. " He was working to keep things upbeat, even if it took a lot out of him. It made Wolfwind want to put away her own yawn and keep on smilin'.

At least all who they'velost could live peacefully now, up in the sky. " Thank you. "
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • [ SO I RAN OUT TO THE TRACK TO GET MY CASH BACK ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! MENTOR 2 EMBERPAW; KIN 2 MANY.
    —— SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 23 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER

to be reborn , you have to die first .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
Spiderlily watched from afar, curling an albino, smokey tail around his paws to do nothing but observe. The gesture was sweet, maybe sickly sweet—too much for the ghostly tom to enjoy, but he had some fixation on flowers. They paired nicely with the well-cleaned animal skulls he had tucked in his nest in the warrior’s den. I should have Whitelion see if they’re still there. His gaze narrowed, expression dark. A shame if they became broken and splintered, Spiderlily would just have to find new ones to replace them.

Saying nothing to the gathering cats, the queen shifted his position to something more comfortable, watching as they gave out their thanks as Shinepaw looked on nervously, riddled with anxiety. He huffed, nose crinkling. If you couldn’t handle the attention, then perhaps something else to appease your gratitude.
thought speech