pafp I AM SPEED【♛】race

image0.jpg
BRIARPAW — hello, my old heart.
If there was one thing that could bring fire to an otherwise dim gaze, it was the enchantment of competition, of victory.
While the training session had started out with casual talk and boasting of skill, it quickly came tumbling down to sibling rivalry when Screechpaw had brought up the topic of speed, to which Briarpaw was quick to counter with a quiet.
”I’m faster than you.”
Now, as she looks towards her littermate, the root of her inevitable gray hairs, poised to begin their “friendly” race, she lets her consistently icy expression shatter with an ambitious smirk.
"Eat my dust."
As though sounding the alarms with her provocation, she snaps into a dark blur with only a ghost of a laugh left in her wake.
The track was easy enough, from the base of Burnt Sycamore to the nearest withered tree adjacent to them.
Spraying up snow from kicking heels, Briarpaw feels as though she is flying, the alabaster ground turning into a shimmering blur underfoot.
The goal post was in reach, and Briarpaw casts a wide-eyed gaze over her shoulder to catch a glimpse of Screechpaw, who is practically nipping at her heels.
Another echo of a giggle escapes her as the duo races towards their shared target, sharp features adorning a wider smile than she could recall ever wearing before.
"speech"

• Love
Reactions: ABRI

It’s a rare moment, really. One where Screechpaw actually feels like taking part in his lessons. He doesn’t chalk it up to Briarpaw’s presence, at first. He’s sure her ever-watchful gaze would find some sort of fault with the way he crouches down, or the way he moves to strike his opponent. But, maybe the urge to prove himself to his shadow is what keeps him from wandering, from half-heartedly taking part in the lesson before him. With any luck, Briarpaw might see how well Screechpaw is doing and ease up on him. He doubts it, but he can hope, yeah?

And hope he does, in insistent words — pledges of how he’s the better hunter, the better fighter. He caught a newt in his kithood, after all. He carries their mother’s markings. He has to be the best of the three of them. Their sibling rivalry comes to a head as Screechpaw touts his speed: a skill he’d gained in his times outside of camp, his rare moments to himself. He can run, he knows — he’s good at it, and he actually likes doing it. He’s the better runner.

Briarpaw insists otherwise. She’s faster, but Screechpaw doesn’t think he’s ever seen his sister run, and a narrowed gaze faces her. “ You? Faster than me? I doubt it.

And then, suddenly, she’s off. “ Hey! Wait for me! “ And then, suddenly, Screechpaw has a real chance to prove himself.

The sun-splotched tom moves swiftly, bolting forward as scraggly fur casts itself in a blur behind his sibling as their race begins. With growing limbs kicking up snow and dirt in their wake, it isn’t long before he catches up to her, before he’s at her side and the finish line is in view.

Though he’s surprised at his sister’s speed, at something they might actually have in common, a bright laugh erupts from his maw as his front paws stretch forward in aim of surpassing her. Briefly, he thinks he wouldn’t mind losing, if it meant a rematch afterwards, another round of running shared. ​
border2.png
  • 74597074_cdZpRJwV0JQAuyC.png
    SCREECHKITSCREECHPAW
    ── Apprentice of ShadowClan

── Forestshade x Vulturemask
    ── AMAB; He/Him
    ── A black/red tabby chimera with mismatched green eyes.
    ── Mentored by Chilledstar
    ── "Speech"; Attack

Last edited: