I BE LIKE, SHEESH | Private, StAt GRiNdInG

johnny.png

HE SAID, WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN

It was early morning, dawns light still warming the air around him, but he found the cool breeze ruffling his fur to be refreshing as he quietly padded through the underbrush. His skills were definitely improving, but it was clear to him that he had to put more efort into his hunting. He was still struggling with it, and it was really the last thing he needed to master before he was comfortable calling himself a true Skyclanner.

So he'd taken to the forest early that morning with one of the dawn patrols that had gone out to bring in freshkill. The group had split off to do their work, and while the tom was still very much aware of the traps in the area, he was wise to them now and doubted he'd have much trouble with them.

Once he'd wandered far enough away from the group he paused to scent the air. Jaws parted to taste the air, and for a moment he thought he had something. Unfortunately it was gone a moment later, leaving the tomcat frowning where he stood.

Rolled a in tracking
Experience Total For Thread

Tracking- *

johnny.png

HE SAID, WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN

Well, it was still early. He'd only just left the patrol behind after all, so it was reasonable that he wouldn't run into anything yet. Instead the tom slunk into the underbrush, padding along on light steps to try again a little farther down the way. He made sure to be mindful of where he was stepping so he didn't go making a ruckus, something he was thankfully getting better at. He knew there was definitely prey out here, he just had to be patient enough to find it, and then skilled enough to catch it.

Once he'd gone a little farther down he gave the air a deep sniff again, hoping to catch the scent of some mouse or hear the chirping of a nearby bird. Again though, no luck. All he got was a nose full of fresh air, pine, and damp earth.

Rolled a 4 in tracking

Tracking- **

johnny.png

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

Deciding to switch up his tactic, Johnny made his way over to one of the nearby pine trees. With a wiggle of his hips the tom lept up and sunk his claws into the bark, quickly shimmying up and righting himself on one of the branches. From up here he'd have a better vantage point of the forest below him, and the wind always flowed stronger up in the treetops, which meant he could probably up his chances of scenting something from up there. After a few moments of traversing the treetops he paused, jaws opening as a faint scent came to him. He thought it might have been a squirrel, but it was just the faintest whiff on the wind and he quickly lost it almost as soon as he'd found him.

Rolled a 6 in tracking

Tracking- ***