development I CAN'T FIND MY VOICE [ apprenticeship!!! ] IN MY DREAMS

Jun 11, 2023
CALLIN' IT QUITS NOW ✧°.☀ ————————————
In had only been minutes following the meeting. Announcements had Falconk- Falconpaw's head spinning. First, his new name. Second, his mentor. Third, going to the Gathering. Fourth, his sisters! So much had been happening all of a sudden, after almost a number of weeks of sitting around getting dissed by his den-mates. Other kits had an issue with how he and his sister smelled- Crowkit especially- so Falconpaw was a little relieved to be leaving the nursery. He made a mental note to having a little chat with Yukio later- thank him for looking over him and his sister while they grew for a little bit. Made sure they had food and a nest, right? That was worthy to thank somecat for.

Something new was approaching him swiftly. A new stage of life. And so, with a bundle of nerves in his stomach, Falconpaw padded to the Apprentice's den for the first time ever. He glanced upa the ferns above the den, then looked down. Nests, not unlike what had been present within the Nursery, sat clustered together. He blinked for a moment, and instead of rushing into the den right away, sat down and stared at the nests for a long moment.

This was going to take a moment. Take it all in, Falconpaw. This is your new home.

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ BABY, I'M A WRECK

..╭―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╮

leaf2.png
Sparrowpaw was eager to greet the new additions to the apprentice den, even if they were sad that Howlp- no, Howlfire and Drizzlepelt would be moving out. Briefly, they wondered when it would be their turn. Then they would share the same den with their friends again - Figfeather, Greeneyes...

Little Falconpaw had grown up so quick. There was a small smile on their face as the tabby approached, pausing to watch him stare at the new den he would be calling home. With a few more steps to weave past him and into the den, they paused to briefly touch their nose to his head affectionately.

"Are you excited?" they asked earnestly, looking across the nests as they moved to settle into their own. "It must be really different knowing you'll have a whole nest all to yourself now. You'll get to make it exactly the way you like it." Then, with a smile, they added, "I'm sure Yukio is very proud of you."

leaf3.png

..╰―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╯

Sparrowpaw was one of the oldest apprentices in the den now, if Falconpaw was recounting everything correctly. His head turned, peering at the older as he got a small touch. A smile found Falconpaw's face- after all, it wasn't every day that he got to talk to someone new in the clan. New to him, anyways. He watched Sparrowpaw moved and settle into the nest of his own, as if he was learning how to lay down for the first time. Falconpaw nodded his head.

He quietly responded, though he was definitely unsure. "I.. am. Nervous but excited." He confirmed. He pushed to his paws, nosing at different nests- though it was hard to make out, he could tell which scents were faded and what nests were old and worn. He eventually settled into one, just sitting for now. He looked up at Sparrowpaw again, a polite smile finding his face. "Um.. I hope so. I liked- I mean, I like Yukio. I just.. hope he feels better." His voice grew soft at the end again, pushing some of the old moss around in his nest.

"So, what is it like sleeping in here?" Falconpaw asks, hoping to gain some insider insight. "Or, training? How is it in the forest?"

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]

☆ -- | Words reached Brightpaw's ears as she walked back to the apprentice's den, and a smile came to her face as she realized who it was. Brightpaw was excited for a new apprentice to be in there with her, but of course she'd miss those that were moving out. It wasn't like they were going anywhere, but they wouldn't be sleeping in the same den anymore, which felt... odd. Their scents would slowly drift away and be smothered by that of the newer apprentices, but by that point she'd be gone from this den and moved in to the warriors den, and it made her very excited.

The questions the younger apprentice was asking weren't towards Brightpaw, but she decided to answer anyway, excitement getting the better of her. "It's a lot of fun, you'll like it I promise!" She state with glee, smile formed on her maw as soon as she had done so, "There's a lot to do, so you're never bored and even the not super fun stuff can still be sorta fun if you know how to make it that way." There were others that would disagree with her, but that was fine.​

Brightpaw was another apprentice, that if Falconpaw could remember correctly, was heading towards becoming a warrior as well. He was excited for her, after all, being out of camp and freedom- oh, freedom- was valued highly to Falconpaw. He wished to grow up quickly so he could be out there with them all. He blinked, realizing the thoughts crossing his mind, and guilt bit at him again, thinking about his father. Hopefully, Vermillionsun was doing okay.

Brightpaw was speaking, and Falconpaw brightened a bit from his new nest. "You think so?" Falcon grinned a tiny bit. His ears twitched and wiggled, a sign of the hope he was feeling in his chest despite the doubt in his stomach. "What's the.. not super fun stuff?" Falconpaw asked, sitting up a bit.

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]