camp I COULD BE LUCKY AGAIN [✦] moving

Gone are Toadhop's days of being an apprentice, which in turn means his days sleeping under the fern-woven canopies of the apprentice den. He's glad to be leaving it, to be finally moving into the warriors' den — but he'd be lying if he said he wouldn't miss his former sleeping-grounds. He's been there for so long, after all. He's grown used to the crowded confines, to early wake-up calls in the form of other apprentices leaving for their morning training.

Toadhop doesn't have many belongings, so the task in front of him won't take too long, as the new warrior carries his nest out from under ferns and white paws lead him toward the bush he'll be sleeping under from now on. It's confines he'd only seen in glimpses before this, in moments where he needed to retrieve Stonepool for training. It's strange that he'll be living here, alongside his mentor now; his former mentor.

A star-marked face peers into the den's entrance, woven moss held carefully in his maw as cerulean eyes scan his new den. He's surprised at the number of nests held here, a sudden realization over how many warriors call ThunderClan their home as uncertainty begins to creep in. Where is he to put his nest in here? Could he put it next to Roeflame's, if he could find it? He's not sure if he even could, with his clanmates' scents so intertwined in his surroundings. With a flick of the tail, the new warrior searches for an empty spot, a place to put his nest among the rest of them.

A new face in the warriors den is always a happy occasion, no matter how many of the older ones may grumble about space and whatnot. Bummers, those folk. Warriorhood is always a thing to be celebrated. Best they fill up while it's cold anyways, so they could all share the warmth beneath the bramble.

When Toadpaw— Toadhop makes an appearence, Wolfwind very nearly says somethin' like, " About time, huh! " before quickly realizing such a comment might not be... tasteful. She stares a bit awkwardly as her mind scrambles to fill the blank with something similarly jaunty and lighthearted. Uhh... Well, her go - to is usually harassin' warriors that have no reason to be harassed. " Uhh... Lookin for a spot? " she asks. Her eyes scan the den as she ponders her victim. " I'm sure you can move Raccoonstripe's over, he ought to be movin' in with the elders soon, " she remarks with a sigh, as if recalling the moments of his youth that she wasn't alive for. " It's the trashy - lookin' one, " Wolfwind says vaguely. Toadhop can deem himself which one he thinks that is.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • [ SO I RAN OUT TO THE TRACK TO GET MY CASH BACK ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! MENTOR 2 EMBERPAW; KIN 2 MANY.
    —— SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 23 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER

dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
ROEFLAME — I fell in love with the fire long ago.

The shift from the apprentices den to the warriors was a jarring experience- at least it had been for Roeflame, with no family to join and her friend circle still mostly residing in the apprentices den, it had been both overwhelmingly exciting and terribly lonely.
When she see’s a chocolate form peer through the entrance, doe-shaped eyes spark with rejoice.
"Finally!" The up-beat warrior dramatically exclaims just as Wolfwind approaches, spouting predictable mischief.
As the silver-touched warrior approached the duo, she’d give her ash-furred friend a playful eye roll.
"He’d line his nest with both your pelts, squirrels-for-brains." She’d hum, giving her adoptive brother a small bump with her shoulder. "There’s a space next to mine." The tabby assures, gesturing to where her nest lay, almost seemingly untouched. Since her return from both Shadowclan and the medicine den it had been left unused most nights, opting for the comfort of Burnstorms, instead.
Whatever, Toadhop didn’t need to know that.
"Besides, if Racconstripes heading for the elders den, I don’t think she’s too far behind." She whispers to Toadhop, though her whisper is loud and Wolfwind still stands close. "Say, Wolfwind- are those gray hairs I see?"

"speech"
tags

• Haha
Reactions: Floppie
.i'll be your calm, ———

wha_1_crop.png

——— before the storm!.
———————— ————————
Batwing had been finally taking a nap in his den. Yes, he was far separated from his mate and his children, but they were across camp, and they were already growing strong. Logic prickled at him- if Flamewhisker could bear to sleep in here while Stormfeather was confined to the med den, then Batwing could manage here. A soft breath left him as he laid his head down, just for the newest warrior on block to step in.

His head picked up, vision shifting towards the conversation, ears slowly standing up tall. A snort, then a bark of laughter left Batwing, some of the drowsiness clearing from his eyes as he half-sat up, yawning wide. A shame, his name was so close behind, but it would have to wait. "Please don't call Wolfwind old. It makes me feel ancient." He teased in response. Stars above, he wondered how Hailstorm would've felt hearing those words.

Emerald optics shifted towards Toadhop now. "Just remember not to step on any tails while we sleep." He teased, a light-hearted grin finding his face. "Some of us will react better then others but... well, Nightbird can be awful mean when she wants to." A snicker left the ashen warrior now, grin wide on his previously sleepy face.

"speech"​

Roeflame is bold enough to say what Wolfwind wasn't, somethin about finally makin' it to warriorhood. With Roeflame's approach, she snorts a laugh. " I ain't scared'f him! " Her gaze would follow to where Roeflame gestured, and and a small "oh" would peep out of her mouth as she sees the state of it. At this point, Roeflame might as well offer up the nest altogether. Wolfwind just couldn't wrap her head around all the lovey - dovey stuff goin' around the clan. So long as it didn't bring any Leaf-bare litters, she supposes she didn't care all too much, though.

Besides, if Racconstripes heading for the elders den, I don’t think she’s too far behind. What kinda sense did that make? " You kiddin?' " a bit of genuine shock colors her voice. Wasn't hearin' that Wild. In fact, she may never recover. " My hair's always been grey, squirrel - for - brains, " she points out, rolling her eyes.

When Batwing chimes in, she lets out a bark of laughter. " Yeah, go easy on his poor old heart. " A grey tail flips amusedly behind her. Some of us will react better then others but... well, Nightbird can be awful mean when she wants to Wolfwind glances sideward, mischief gleaming in sunset hues. " A revelation that's surprising none, I bet. "
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • [ SO I RAN OUT TO THE TRACK TO GET MY CASH BACK ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! MENTOR 2 EMBERPAW; KIN 2 MANY.
    —— SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 23 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER

A voice brings attention to his presence, and lazuline eyes dart over to meet Wolfwind's sunlit gaze. For a moment - a brief moment, but one nonetheless - Toadhop thinks the lead warrior will actually aid him in his search, but her answer is nothing but. Instead, a suggestion to move over Raccoonstripe's trashy-looking nest.

"Uh... I don't think... I don't think he'll be too happy with that," he murmurs, though he tries to pick out which nest could possibly be the older lead's. It's a search he's ultimately saved from, luckily, as the comfort of Roeflame's quipping tone reaches his ears. Toadhop smiles at his adoptive sister, nudging her back in greeting. "I can? Are you sure?" he asks of her offer, following her gesture toward a nest much cleaner than the one he'd been searching for prior. Huh.

Ears twitch at hardly-whispered words, a laugh of his own punctuating Roeflame's joking tone. "I honestly thought I'd be moving to the elder's den myself, at the rate I was going," Toadhop follows Batwing's addition to the conversation. He's relieved he's earned his name before then, that he won't be retiring to the elder's den before he can even begin to be a warrior.

Carefully, he places his moss beside her nest to sort out later, a teasing glint in his gaze as he looks to his adoptive sister. "Roeflame, your nest is so clean!" he notes, feigning innocence as he joins in on the jests. He doesn't need to take long to find the answer as to why, doesn't think anyone would have to. "How do you keep it so neat?"

A mention of another lead warrior reaches his ears in further teasing tones, and Toadhop nods his head. "Don't have to tell me twice," he chimes in. He'd dealt with it, careless new apprentices stepping on his own tail in their excitement. The tom knows to be careful, especially in such a crowded den and with the threat of Nightbird looming over his head.