pafp I don’t know what I want, :: Blind date pfap :: So don’t ask me.

Nov 7, 2023
❪ TAGS ❫.So. Peer preasure worked.
The silver tabby sat in the middle of camp, tail curled over paws, and more anxious then he cared to let on. He swallowed thickly, glancing up at the faint rising moon. His tongue pressed hard against the top of his mouth, which was an old habit he picked up from his kittypet days and the only thing that helped calm him right now.
The entire day he had been uncharateristically jumpy. For someone known for his steadfast courage, he had been scared once today by prey, and once again by the clan's medicine cat Fireflypaw. And maybe, a third time by something much less visible. Love. What a silly thing. What a useless and silly thing that would not help his ability to be a warrior in anyway. A mate would not make him better at hunting. A mate would not make him deputy, or a good leader, or even a good lead warrior. A mate offered no real benefits except companionship, and he was not a lonley man. He could always strike up a conversation with another warrior should he feel lonely. He could always go visit the kits if he wanted someone underfoot - and he often did. Visit the nursery, that is. He definitely did not want another in his life, to celebrate things with to...
So why was he here, sitting in camp as the sun sunk and the moon rose? Peer preasure. Nothing else.
Two of his friends had said they talked to someone - molly or tom he couldn't really remember, not that it mattered honestly - that would be open to something they called a 'blind date'. They spoke about it like a wonderful adventure. Two cats looking for a realtionship but not knowing who to ask, two cats who were then told to go to a specific time and place to meet someone else who was also looking for a relationship.
So he went to the place. And waited. Body drawn up tight, fighting nerves as he tried to look relaxed and confident as he scanned the camp, looking for someone who was hopefully told to be here, too.

ooc// had an idea b4 bed, feel free to jump in this can go however! No need to make this a long thing :) ​

Untitled419_20230710182642.png

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

OOC- why not? lol

To be completely honest, Johnnyflame had been surprised when a couple of cats had come to him asking if he'd be down to go on blind-date with someone. The lead warrior had zero experience in the area of dating, but maybe that was why he'd agreed to it in the first place. After all, it wasn't as if Johnny had purposefully kept away from romance or anything like that, he just... hadn't met anyone who was interested in him in the way he was interested in them. Did he expect that to change tonight? No, not really- but what harm could it do? At the very least he might have a bit of fun depending on who his supposed 'date' was.

As told, the sunny-eyed tomcat had gone to the place at the time he'd been directed, equal parts nervous and excited as he made his way through camp with eyes scanning ahead for the cat he meant to be meeting. He didn't know what to expect, but he'd decided to stay late to meet them just the same.

His gaze quickly met the only other one in the area, the golden eyes of Cloverjaw staring back at him as the stocky bobtail made his way over, lips pulled into a light smile as he approached. 'Would I be right in assuming your the other half of this blind-date, then?" he asked as he drew to a stop before the other, not wanting to be totally wrong- he'd look like a right numpty, then. Not that he wasn't going to regardless- he had no idea what he was meant to do on one of these, or if he and Cloverjaw were even compatible in that way. Hell, the other might want to call it off entirely.

Untitled33_20230906192924.png

"Uh, yes, yeah." He could not sound more anxious.
The silver tom sighs, a mixture of fear and nerves disapating with his breath. He was relieved that this blind date was someone he knew, even more relieved that the cat opposite him was a warrior and a fine one at that. Paws heavy with the pin pricks of uncertaintly, Cloverjaw stood, dipping his head both in greeting and to show respect for Jonnyflame's lead warrior status.
Knowing who his date was helped the nerves, despite Cloverjaw not recalling any other interaction with the tom. He knew Jonnyflame was a daylight warrior, or had a similar kittypet past, by his name. Cloverjaw had chosen to change his, not out of shame but because it didn't really go well with any names Blazestar could think of. But that was personal opinion, and he thought 'Johnnyflame' had it's own nice ring to it.
"Have you done this sort of thing before?" The tom finds himself asking, giving a soft smile. "I haven't had much luck when it comes to findin' cats to, uh, mingle with so I thought I'd give it a chance. Not sure if it's a new thing though."

john3.webp

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

"I haven't, no." Johnny admitted, unsure if it would matter. It was possible Clover had been hoping for a cat with bit more experience, someone who -for instance- new the basics of what a date consisted of, but regardless, the daylight warrior was willing to give it a try if they were. "Never had much time to meet someone since my twolegs moved around a lot, but they seemed to have finally settled so I thought it might be a good idea to give it a try."

It was the first time he'd ever admitted to such in a public space before, that he might actually want that kind of relationship with someone. It made him nervous in a way he wasn't used to, because if he admitted to it and then never found someone, wouldn't that just make others look at him with pity? Johnny had never liked the taste of failure, and he had a feeling that's exactly what he'd be left with if rejection was all he found. But at the same time, it wasn't in his nature to avoid taking risks. "So, what are you feeling; dinner, a walk? I don't have a curfew, so you've got for me for as long as you want me tonight." he chuckled, not sure if Cloverjaw already had plans or not.

]
john33.webp