sensitive topics i forgot how to cry - eaglepaw

i'm no good man, you won't forget—————————————————
The end hadn't looked like the middle. That thing that was brought back to camp was not his brother, it just wasn't. He had refused to touch it and yet he still wished he did. Why were there so many things he wished he did, or hadn't done. Why hadn't he been up? Why hadn't he cried over the body? Why did he run like a coward. He ran from the corpse, like that would make it disappear and bring back it's resident. But it didn't. Now it was gone down into the ground, he had missed the burial, he had still been crying to the stars. They hadn't listened very well, and it hadn't quelled the burning guilt he felt.

It had been a few days maybe, he couldn't really tell though, it still felt like the same night. Or maybe the night sky had always looked the same, every single night. He stared up at it again tonight, like he had all the other nights. He had tried to go to sleep with the rest of camp, but his mind wouldn't let him so he had left to the moors, whether he had been quiet or not though he couldn't tell. His senses had been pretty dull, once sharp eyes now looked upon the stars with a mind-numbing dullness. He had done it all wrong, and now his mind was punishing him for it. Making him sit alone, tears refusing to fall like they did the first night. Why was his body fighting against showing grief this much, why wouldn't he just keel over wailing.

@EAGLEPAW.

rude words i said, i'm still a mess————————penned by WriteAboutRadish

WHEN A HEARTBREAK, NO IT DON'T BREAKEVEN

eaglepaw had lost too. their mom took the hit pretty hard and eaglepaw had no choice but to stuff it down, but they couldn't not get the smell of blood from their nose. they felt that sticky copper sticking to them some days, but it wasn't as if they could speak up about it. not that they really wanted to. they're much more comfortable with listening. this was certainly one of those times.

as they looked around for the apprentice, they found him sitting and staring off into nothingness. he was struggling to be emotional, and that much wad clear to anyone who knew him. eaglepaw knew him. as they approached the tom, they stopped themself from being as physically affectionate with the grumpy tom as they usually were.

"been looking for you."

they spoke quietly, sitting beside him with a tilt of their head ever so gently.

"i kinda know what you're going through. so if you wanna talk, I can listen."

they never ever spoke about the way their father died. they only know that others knew because they came back covered in blood that day. ugh. they did not wanna think about that anymore. they much rather have comforted their reluctant friend.