I found myself dreaming { flycatcher }

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊ With the threat of wolves out in the territory, Flamewhisker had opted to spend their evening together inside the camp. Soon she would be due to join the other queens in the nursery, so she would rather be out in the forest enjoying her last few days, but she wouldn't risk the safety of their unborn kits. She had been foolish while she carried their last litter, and she refused to make the same mistake again.

The fiery tabby drew her tongue across her mate's shoulder, pausing to make an exaggerated face. "Great Starclan, did you fight a badger on your patrol today? Or did you attack a thorn bush? Your pelt is a disaster." She leaned in again, using her teeth to gnaw at a thorn that was stuck in his fur. Carefully, she pulled it out and placed it off to the side to dispose of later. The last thing she needed was a thorn ending up in somebodies paw, or in someone's bedding somehow. "I can't wait to clean our kit's pelts. That was one of my favorite things to do...cleaning their fur after a long day of playing. Asking them what games they learned, or what stories the elders told them..." she trailed off, remembering the time Stormfeather and Falconheart first listened to Little Wolf's story about the Great Clans. "I can't wait to meet them." She paused, turning her head towards her growing belly. She gazed at it for a moment, with such fierce love in her eyes it was almost as if they were already here.

"Have you thought of any names?"

• @Flycatcher

• IMG_1447.png.webp
  • FLAMEWHISKER she/her, deputy of thunderclan, 30 moons, ages on the 20th
    LH red tabby with low white (masks black tabby, carries dilute, solid)
    currently mated to Flycatcher / / mother to: Falconheart and Stormfeather
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    will start a fight, will finish fights, will kill (case depending)
    link to toyhouse
    penned by Icey !@icefang65 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Flycatcher's shoulders bobbed in an amused chuckle when Flamewhisker made a comment about the state of his fur as she groomed. "Oh, I just thought I'd have a roll in one of the bushes," Flycatche said breezily, acting as though it was no big deal. He kept a serious expression but could not hold it for long before a fit of giggles burst out of him. Flamewhisker did actually retrieve a thorn from his pelt he noted, so perhaps he was a bit scruffier than he had thought. After she set it aside, Flamewhisker speaks about grooming kits, smiling wistfully as she reminisced. "It was nice when they actually sat still," Flycatcher mewed in agreement, remembering a few times where he would have more or less have to put a paw on one of his children to stop them squirming away.

"I have a few ideas," Flycatcher confirmed when she asked about names. There were many names he liked some after their forest home, the friends and kin they had lost, birds he liked. "Maybe we could name some after friends? A little Berrykit would be nice. I like Elmkit, Hazelkit, Lightningkit, and Buzzardkit as other possible names. Maybe a little Mothkit for my sister too?" Though he thinks silently that would remind him too much of Butterflykit if they did. "If one of them looked like you I would love to name them Firekit."

• Dead
Reactions: Flamestar

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊ A little Berrykit would be nice....She nods along as he lists names that he liked. Lightningkit, she liked that name a lot, as well as Hazelkit. Her eyes rounded as he suggested Mothkit, but judging by his expression after speaking it, he felt the same resistance that she did at the name. As much as she would love to name one after his sister...it was too close to their Butterflykit. She barely had enough time for her gaze to glass over before she was jerked back into reality. "FIREKIT!?" the name poured from her mouth before she could process just how loud she had exclaimed it. Her fur bristled in alarm, and she quickly shook her head. "No, no I-I can't." He had good intentions, but she could not name their precious bundles of joy after the treacherous thing that had almost claimed her life. Flycatcher hadn't been trapped in the camp like she had during the fire that claimed their forest...the name was too triggering...

"What about...Dawnkit instead?" It still held the color of fire...just...without the actual fire. "I would love a little Lionkit, Squirrelkit...or Littlekit..." She trailed off, grief glazing over her eyes. "I'm definitely naming one Bugkit...you can't stop me!" the tabby flashed him a teasingly toothy smile.

• FLAMEWHISKER she/her, deputy of thunderclan, 30 moons, ages on the 20th
    LH red tabby with low white (masks black tabby, carries dilute, solid)
    currently mated to Flycatcher / / mother to: Falconheart and Stormfeather
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    will start a fight, will finish fights, will kill (case depending)
    link to toyhouse
    penned by Icey !@icefang65 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

• Haha
Reactions: Thorny

A part of him had known Firekit would have been a poor choice to name one of their kits, but he still could not help but suggest. "Alright, I'll admit it, that was not the best suggestion for a name," Flycatcher conceded with a small chuckle. "I would just love to really name one after you. Would you. Maybe Redkit would be a better choice of name, or maybe even just Flamekit."

He goes quiet as his mate lists off a few more names she likes, his own eye shining with tears briefly at the suggestion of Littlekit as a name. It would have been a lovely memento for their departed friend. At the mention of a Bugkit possibly being around one day he snorted. "Bugkit? Well, only if they were a bit smaller than their siblings like I was."