pafp I had a feelin' I could be someone || sharing tongues

Feathergaze

The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before
Nov 20, 2023

Patrols are done for the day... Prey pile looks good, maybe I could stock it with a fish or two... I wonder if Ravensong needs help with anything. Maybe I can fetch him something and visit Dawnstorm on the way... The large warrior's mind was always full of something. Just, usually not the right somethings, some of her clanmates might argue. Feathergaze was a warrior with a body for battle and a mind for anything else. If she spent her free time in the training hollow or even brushed up on her battle skills semi-regularly, she could be a real force on the battlefield. But no, no she filled her time with anything but that, making excuses where she could and squirming uncomfortably when she couldn't. I bet fish don't worry about such things. They just swim around all day, the closest harmony one can get with the river. If Lichentail could see her thoughts she was surely due for a cuff over the ears for mooning about the lives of fish. Do fish ever form... FishClan?

With that mousebrained thought, Feathergaze promptly collided with something solid. She stumbled back, head spinning as she was snapped out of fantasy land by plowing into one of her clanmates.
"O-Oh! Sorry, s-sorry, I'm so sorry!" Her heartrate steadily climbed, certainly attempting to break its past records. You idiot! You fishbrained, clumsy, blind thing! "Frondfeather, I-I didn't see you, I mean I did but I was just, well I was thinking about the prey pile, like maybe we should go ask the fish, I-I mean I should go hunt the fish, or hunt herbs for Ravensong, or..." With each babbling breath her skin grew hotter, and she cursed her thick pelt. Thick brain, more like.

Well, there was certainly no coming back from this. Frondfeather would either hate her for bulldozing her or pity her for having the spatial awareness of a newborn kit. "I, I'm really sorry, Frondfeather," she meowed, casting her eyes down to the scuffed snow. "I wasn't watching my step."

@FRONDFEATHER.