private i hope i don't lose you // frightkit

nightingalecry

a want to go back , 6.16.24
Jan 5, 2023
She pauses beside her daughter. Her snake-thin tail wraps around the other's nearly-as-frail torso, a halo of protection granted purely out of fear. Frightkit is her most boisterous child, a beast to fear although Nightingalecry does not afford her any fright. She's merely a kitten, nearly growing into her ears and ready to tackle the world. She cannot brandish the sins of her parents, not yet anyways - Nightingalecry cannot begrudge a child for being a child. She can only love and cherish and she will do that several times over.

"My sweet," she purrs, something gentle, soft. Her voice is far off, thoughts carrying her away with the gentle winds. The fires are long gone, but Nightingalecry does not think their troubles are over yet. "Lend me your ears, darling. I'd like to tell you something..." and she presses forward, for Ebonylight is not here to halt her thinking nor still her tongue. Their gaze will not pin her to the ground tonight.

"If I were to name you," she continues, drawing a tongue over the child's ruffled fur, "I think I'd give you Boldkit. You've grown prouder than I -" something she almost is ashamed to say in the detriment of herself. "... in fact, you are not a beacon of fear at all, my little bunny. I hope you do not hold your name in contempt because of it." Nightingalecry holds in a breath for a long moment, however when she releases it she says almost nothing at all. "I will love you regardless," she decides, tail still held tight around Frightkit's body.

@Frightkit

*+:。.。 Frightkit had watched so many cats come and go over her handful of moons. Some left for a short while, some vanished for moons - exile, abandonment, now all sorts of deaths, at this point in her life Fry didn't bother having faith that any one cat would linger for long. Not after Spotpaw, too, had vanished. But Nightingalecry? Her mamma was going nowhere, that much Frightkit was certain of.

The girl wrapped herself around her mother's tail, purring as she pawed free strings of whispy grey hairs like willow vines dancing in the breeze. Frightkit's ear twitches when her mamma asks for her attention, hesitating for a moment to give it. She liked what she was already doing, and couldn't imagine her ma would have anything worth interrupting her game. But after a moment of deliberation, she does finally pause in her play to look up, meeting her mamma's mismatched eyes with the intensely pale ones of her own.
She always wished she had pretty eyes like her mother's.

Frightkit giggles as her mother grooms her, leaning into the affectionate touch. "Boldkit? " Frightkit repeats, eyes wide as she tastes the name on her tongue. "What's wrong with Frightkit? " The idea that her mom is insulting her given name doesn't cross Frightkit's mind, so the question is asked without a shred of hurt or confusion, just interest. How come Nightgalecry wants to call her 'Boldkit' when she and 'Appa picked Frightkit?

She grows quiet as she listens to her mamma speak, voices soft like a silk moth's cocoon. Frightkit is growing too big to properly rest fully in her mamma's embrace, but she tries anyway, nestling closer into her belly and gazing wide-eyed up at her parent. She doesn't mind the name Boldkit, it sounds strong. And if it comes from her mamma, it's made all the more special. Still, if this is a game of name changing, Frightkit would supply, "If I had to change my name, I want it to be Nightgalekit! " she giggles, alluding to the fact that she's not entirely taking this conversation seriously.

Frightkit presses her nose into her mamma's scruff, breathing in her fur, "I love you too, mamma! Always "

• " Speech "
    GENERAL:
    Frightkit
    DFAB— She/Her — Unsure
    6 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Windclan Kit
    Sister to Deathkit, Witherkit, Grasskit, Whitekit and Midnightkit

COMBAT:
    Physically very easy | mentally very easy
    Attack in bold #1b1e21
    injuries: None