I KNOW I DO THIS TO MYSELF // pitchstar

dfkjvp3-d66fda25-9d8d-4dbd-9a5f-d235254b8f50.gif
Sootstar finds herself shocked with how different camp looks, it was properly lined with defense and the walls were reinforced with bramble. A medicine cats den has been properly created, but despite its change it was still familiar. Sootstar peers at the spot near the nursery where she had often tussled with Pebblenose as little girls.

She is led to Briarstar’s den, which had once been Hare Whisker’s, which is now Pitchstar’s. She is ordered to stay outside while she assumes they forewarn Pitchstar of her presence, it only takes a few moments before she is allowed into his chambers. Walking in she spots the Tom swiftly in the darkness and dips her head to him, ”Pitchstar, it is good to see you. I am sorry that you are unwell, WindClan prays for your swift recovery.” Sootstar greets before giving her condolences and prayers. ”I’ve come here with my new medicine cat, Vulturemask. I think he and Starlingheart are conversing somewhere nearby. Initially I was coming to discuss a trade, herbs for prey, but with some thought I think it might be best if we discuss politics. I want to make sure things are still the same.“ Sootstar meows, still standing in place. ”You’re deputy at the gathering did not have my back, WindClan was in a time of need- I’m sure you’ve heard about it.”

Sootstar thinks carefully about how to proceed, she doesn’t want to insult the leader or offend him… She knows berating his deputy would not get her what she desired. ”I do not expect ShadowClan to throw their pelts to the fire for WindClan, but the gesture of Chilledgaze sitting by my side- showing the alliance between our clans was still strong would’ve helped.” She feels a bit humiliated, like a child crying that her best friend would not sit by her- but this was much more than that whether Pitchstar sees it or not. Her clan was viewed as weak, but with ShadowClan’s silent support perhaps they could’ve looked even a tad bit stronger, a tad bit more intimidating than they had. ”I ask of you and the rest of ShadowClan to help me keep our alliance strong so that the clans continue to view us as a force to be reckoned with.”

//my writing is SO off in this post sorry, couldn’t find rhythm. Hopefully its not too awkward to read @PITCHSTAR !

57376414_z9vtUtAYThkuXA6.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_6.png

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,

· SOOTSTAR, female — she / her

╰ ‣ 34 moons . pisces. ages on the first

╰ ‣ windclan leader . marsh-born . believes in starclan

╰ ‣ former soldier of the marsh group

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_3.png
╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,

· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like heather and wet dirt , status — 100%

╰ ‣ blue smoke . scarred chest, difficult to see through fur . green eyes

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_4.png
╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,

· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil

╰ ‣ Cunning, brash, fierce, confident, self-reliant, envious & selfish

╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with

╰ ‣ sole key to her heart is loyalty, if you have her trust, she often shows a completely different side of herself. Aggression tends to manifest from her extreme paranoia

╰ ‣ Appreciates titles such as "miss, m'am" etc

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_5.png
╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,

· SOOT CLAW x PEBBLE BREEZE, sister to Pebblenose

╰ ‣ heterosexual. mate to Weaselclaw

╰ ‣ mother to Windpaw & Sootpaw

╰ ‣ mentor to Smokepaw & Coyotepaw

╰ ‣ average fighter . skilled hunter .

╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .

╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

Reactions: nico
when chilledgaze had forewarned him of sootstar's presence, pitchstar had become a mixture of excitement and wariness. the last time that sootstar had requested an audience with him, she had brought a plump rabbit as an offering; such a large meal would be more than beneficial for shadowclan right now. his mouth waters just at the thought. but, if sootstar is so insistent to speak with him, even going as far as demanding to be brought back to camp instead of waiting for him to recover... it must be dire.

the sense of foreboding outweighs his aching stomach, eventually.

foreboding falls over him as the entrance to his den is shadowed, and sootstar's arrival is announced. moments later, the smoke queen is standing in his den. despite having grown up with sootstar... she seems so much like a stranger to him, now. his fur prickles, uncomfortable with being alone with her. they're allies, but pitchstar does not like being alone with most of his clanmates, even. fleecefur's betrayal hadn't only left a physical mark on the rosette tabby.

chilledgaze is right outside, he reminds himself. he's not truly alone with sootstar.

she offers condolences to him, and pitchstar snorts at the gesture of windclan praying for him. "don't waste your breath on prayin' for us- starclan doesn't watch over shadowclan." shifting in his ragged nest, pitchstar sits up. before he could ask why windclan's traveled all this way, sootstar launches herself into a tirade... something about her new medicine cat- that's right, he'd heard from chilledgaze that dandelionwish no longer holds that position in windclan- needing herbs. she mentions a trade, herbs for prey, and pitchstar perks up. leaning towards the blue smoke, there is delight in his copper stare. "is that so?" in an instant, the leader's mind is already made; starlingheart could spare a couple of plants for a decent meal.

but sootstar isn't done. she doesn't just want to discuss a trade- she wants to talk politics. pitchstar narrows his eyes, leaning back with a twitch of his tail tip. "politics..." he mutters to himself, speaking it as if it's rotting carrion. sootstar's upset that chilledgaze didn't sit by her at the gathering, and pitchstar snorts, waving one paw. "they didn't mean anything by it. they rarely come within a fox-length of their own clanmates." an over-exaggeration of his deputy's reclusive nature, a bold lie on his end, but sootstar doesn't know that.

sootstar wants to keep the alliance strong, and pitchstar nods. windclan is the only clan that's shown shadowclan any kind of support. and while pitchstar doesn't trust the genuineness of that support, he could use it against the other clans. a show of strength, just as sootstar says. "if it'll please you, i'll talk with chilledgaze," pitchstar relents with another twitch of his tail tip. "i want to keep our alliance strong as much as you do, after all. and i'm sure chilledgaze feels the same- they just have a shitty way of showin' it." another lie... pitchstar doesn't think that chilledgaze is as eager about this alliance.

Reactions: AVA

dfkjvp3-d66fda25-9d8d-4dbd-9a5f-d235254b8f50.gif
Sootstar notes the ShadowClan leader’s interest spikes up at the mention of the trade, it causes Soot to grow more confident this will be a successful encounter. On the other paw when talking politics she bites her tongue at Pitchstar’s sigh, sensing this may take a poor turn. The breath she had been withholding releases when she seemed to relent. The blue smoke buys every word he says, exaggerated, a lie, or otherwise, she does not believe this Tom to be capable of convincing trickery.

A talk with Chilledgaze will be held, she nods, ”I would appreciate it. I meant no disrespect to Chilledgaze… I am certain they are a fine deputy, but the display was shocking to me. I am relieved to hear I’ve misinterpreted it.” Sootstar sighs, genuinely relieved. ”The only other ask I have for you today is if you would allow my clan to take some pine branches from the land back to our own territory. I remember how warm they kept us- back when I lived within thelse walls during the cold moons. I wish to provide my clan some comfort, if you’d allow it.” Sootstar looks at the dark furred to expectantly, hoping that if he requests something in return it wouldn’t be too damning… It wasn’t like the nettles were a rare resource, you couldn’t step anywhere without finding pine nettles!

57376414_z9vtUtAYThkuXA6.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_6.png
╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· SOOTSTAR, female — she / her
╰ ‣ 34 moons . pisces. ages on the first
╰ ‣ windclan leader . marsh-born . believes in starclan
╰ ‣ former soldier of the marsh group

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_3.png
╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like heather and wet dirt , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue smoke . scarred chest, difficult to see through fur . green eyes

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_4.png
╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ Cunning, brash, fierce, confident, self-reliant, envious & selfish
╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with
╰ ‣ sole key to her heart is loyalty, if you have her trust, she often shows a completely different side of herself. Aggression tends to manifest from her extreme paranoia
╰ ‣ Appreciates titles such as "miss, m'am" etc

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_5.png
╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· SOOT CLAW x PEBBLE BREEZE, sister to Pebblenose
╰ ‣ heterosexual. mate to Weaselclaw
╰ ‣ mother to Windpaw & Sootpaw
╰ ‣ mentor to Smokepaw & Coyotepaw
╰ ‣ average fighter . skilled hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.