private i know i have good taste } yellowpaw

ONYXPAW

☄. *. ⋆ DON'T YOU BLAME ME
Nov 4, 2023
I WISH YOU COULD SEE THE WICKED TRUTH — It was finally beginning to feel like she was returning to her body. Like her mind wasn't a million miles away, hiding in some faraway corner so that it wouldn't have to confront the realities of all that had happened. Chilledstar's body was put to the dirt, Lilacfur's eyes were open to the world once more, and life went on. Time kept moving forward, even as grief came and decided to make a home of their bodies. It had certainly done a stellar job of hollowing out her own to make room for itself, her heart feeling oversized and uncomfortable where it sat against her ribs. Her duties had become even more difficult to focus on, a blow that she knew she couldn't allow to win - not when she was only just now beginning to truly improve.

In spite of her attempts to fight back, her paws still felt heavy when she once more fled into the mostly empty apprentices' den, pelt still smelling of the last border the morning patrol had grown close to. One of the few other faces scattered around was familiar, and Onyxpaw nearly sobbed with relief when she spotted him. Yellowpaw's golden pelt was quickly pressed against her own as she settled alongside her friend, chin swiftly connecting with the floor of the bramble bush den. "I wasn't sure you'd still be in here. Or if you would've been whisked away on a patrol of your own." Though she wasn't quite sure she'd call her own circumstances whisked away, seeing as she had volunteered in order to get her mind off of things. The chimera had been doing so more and more often as of late, especially with her mentor's practical disappearance.

Scorchfrost's continued absence was another subject that made her pitter-pattering heart ache, and she was quick to shove it from her mind. There were happier things to focus on, even if it didn't really seem like it. "There are new kits in the nursery, you know." A litter from the Carrionplace, fur dirtied and stomachs practically inverted with how hungry they were. Though she was sure it wouldn't be long until that was rectified. "They're so cute... they still kinda smell bad, though. They got brought back from the Carrionplace." Onyxpaw had never considered herself to be particularly maternal - growing up without her littermates had robbed her of one familial bond - but she was beginning to see the appeal of a litter more and more now. Not that such a thing would be happening anytime soon, considering she didn't even have anyone she was pining after.

• @YELLOWPAW
  • 75034637_eiCvVhxv9vQNT6l.png
    shorthaired tortoiseshell point and chocolate point chimera with blue eyes
    10 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; crushing on yellowpaw
    daughter of monarchroot and sleetjaw
    shadowclan born; silently loyal to her home
    difficult to befriend; shy to most except yellowpaw
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed