private I KNOW WE'RE THE CROOKED KIND | singepaw

Feb 6, 2024

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ Singepaw was quiet for a while. Sneezepaw welcome it with open paws - he would love his brother no matter what, of course - though it didn't go unnoticed as something strange and unusual. Perhaps the boy finally got worn out from all his complaining. Maybe his mentor talked some sense into him.

He couldn't quite connect it with the torn body of his brother being dragged into camp, but there was something sinister about it lying deep underneath. It couldn't be coincidence, Sneezepaw feared. Was he blackmailed? Was he meeting with someone bad? What secrets was his brother keeping from him? What did Bloodpaw know, having returned in a similar state, and why did she know something that Singepaw's own brother didn't?

Whatever questions Sneezepaw had, he would do well to hold his tongue when visiting, yet. The tabby ducked into the medicine cat's den with a respectful nod of greeting to whoever was present, and made his way towards Singepaw's nest. In his jaws was a bundle of downy feathers, and a small, nervous smile. After placing the feathers at his paws, he sat down at the edge of his brother's nest and sat in silence for a moment. His wounds were plentiful, a sore sight - he couldn't imagine what toll this mysterious battle took on Singepaw's mind.

After some careful thought about what he could say, Sneezepaw finally spoke, soft and honey-like as always. "These are for your nest," he hummed, gesturing to the feathers with a small paw. "I hope they make it more comfortable. I'm sure you miss your own nest."

• SNEEZEPAW he/him, apprentice of shadowclan, 5 moons.
    a long-furred chocolate tabby with low white and yellow eyes.
    brother to SINGEPAW and SWALLOWPAW // mentored by SHARPSHADOW
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by ixora@.ixora on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

*+:。.。 The worst part about being injured was how taxing isolation could be. Despite Singepaw's anti-social personality habits, the boy couldn't stand being far from his siblings - especially Sneezepaw. "Zee!" the boy practically cheered, tail thumping with joy as he craned his neck from his awkward position lying on his side. The effort made him wince, the bites on his throat burning. Fighting the urge to touch his bandaged throat, the boy would focus on his brother, blinking back the moisture from his eyes. He watches as his darker pelted sibling drops the feathers onto his nest - well-appreciated down feathers! Although Sneezepaw lounged for a moment in silence, Singepaw's comments could not be contained - despite his neck injury, "Zee it's so BORING in here! Magpiepaw is always whining and Starlingheart keeps giving me these sad looks, neither of them will tell me when I can leave, and I'm not even allowed to sleep curled up! They said I need to let my neck wound breathe - BREATHE! As if wounds need air!" he scoffs, rolling his eyes and, finally, quieting down.

Out of the three siblings, Sneezepaw had the most heart. Singepaw often found himself worrying about his sensitive sibling. Afraid that one day, someone would take advantage of his kind nature. It was Singepaw's job, then, to keep him safe!
A great job he was doing so far...
He frowns, unhappy over the look in his sibling's eye. "Sneezepaw..." he begins, only to fall silent when the brown tabby mentions his nest. "Starclan yes! I miss sleeping next to you and 'Walls! I...I'll be out soon, I promise" he mews, growing silent as he senses his brother's look has less to do with worry about Singepaw's condition. Swallowing thickly, he drops his eyes to his paws, "Look...'Zee...I..." he didn't know how to say it, so he didn't. He couldn't.

• GENERAL:
    Singepaw
    Cismale — He/him — Questioning sexuality
    5 moons — Ages 1 moon every month on the 2nd
    NPC x Duckshimmer (brother to Swallowpaw, Sneezepaw)
    Shadowclan — Kit
    Apprenticed to Pipitclaw

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #b8312f
    Can be power played just ask
    injuries: Throat bite, flank scratches, various cutes [pained until 04/03/24]