pafp I LAUGH LIKE ME AGAIN — making a move (?)

dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
ROEFLAME — break the air to feel the fall.
Feelings were only fun when you were watching from the outside, Roeflame had come to unfortunately find.
The butterflies, the questioning, the way her breath hitched every time she caught his gaze on her- it was maddening.
If the tabby had to choose the biggest difficulty, it would be the lack of knowing. Did his lingering stares, constant company, and late night conversations mean he felt the same, or that he pitied her?
Oh stars, what if it was both? Mortifying.
When the silver-kissed molly wakes that morning, it is with a new conviction in her heart. She would make the first move, be direct and smooth-talking, and find out for sure what their friendship meant- it was better than the alternative anyways, which was brooding over the entire forest’s predicament.
That was the way to go, right?
She had no skills in romance, her only experience a frost-laced tragedy, and even after getting to say her final goodbye to Snowpath, Roeflame still couldn’t confess her feelings. Water under the bridge, she tells herself. The timing may not be right, may even be awful- but when was it ever the “good” time? Something was always bound to be happening, and she was simply gathering necessary information, Roeflame tells herself.
After seeking out some well-trusted advice earlier in the day, Roeflame’s plan would finally be set in motion well after sun-high, when there’s finally a pause in the day to rest calloused paws on the outskirts of their temporary home and she catches the night-pelted tom approaching her out of the side of her eye.
Purposefully, she’d be looking away by the time Burnstorm settled beside her, feigning ignorance to whoever her new companion could be.
A faux sigh to build her confidence.
"You know, I never realized tall, dark, and handsome was my type until… oh, hey." Her head doesn’t turn to look at Burnstorm until the end, and when it does her last words are accompanied with a light smile and tip of her head. There is a storm of flush brewing against her cheekbones, but the bold warrior retains her cool demeanor. Was she nailing this, or what?

// please wait for @BURNSTORM !
tags

Last edited:

Burnstorm was not a cat who had a lot of experience in the field of romance. He had had crushes in his youth - a flash of curly smoke colored fur and the scent of pine comes to mind, but nothing serious, nothing like what he was certain he is feeling now. At first, he wasn't sure what the feeling that twists in his chest is, had mistaken it for an illness at first (and perhaps it is one, of sorts) But as time went on he had recognized it for what it was.

Love.

But did she feel the same or did she think they were just extremely close friends? He is uncertain how to go about finding out so for the time being, he says nothing. Perhaps when his mother returned from the journey he would ask her, stars knew he wouldn't even dream of asking his father. He almost rolls his eyes as he imagines the reaction the flame point would have if Burnstorm ever came to him for help. So for now, he waits.

When the sun sets, he finds himself instinctually searching for a cinnamon tinted silver pelt. Her presence at night-time had become such a usual part of his life - the feeling of her light-colored fur brushing against his own dark pelt. He comes to lay down next to her with a heavy sigh. Things were hard right now, the days were long and filled with hunting creatures hes fully aware could kill them. It felt good to relax.

Before he can say anything, Roeflame is already speaking and for a second he is confused by her words. He blinks golden colored eyes in a slow motion and it takes a moment but it clicks. "And who knew my type was silver fur and round green eyes" he says as if it were the most casual thing in the world, as if his heart wasn't absolutely roaring in his chest. "You wouldn't happen to have anyone particular in mind would you?" he ask slyly, a knowing look in his eyes and in the smile that curls his lips upward.

Harrierstripe was an unfortunate victim of the flirtation occuring. He does not even try to hide his grimace, his nose wrinkles and he stares at the two with a look of uptmost repulsion. He doesn’t understand this feeling, ‘love’, to feel such a passion for another cat to stoop to this level… to say such stomach-wrenching things…

He looks to a cat who arrives at his side, ”If there is a day I act like… this to a she-cat, I pray to the stars someone puts me down.” He half-jests, unsure himself if he was more serious or more kidding. He then averts his gaze and angles his ears away from the two ThunderClanner’s, if he could he’d stuff them with rabbit fluff. Have mercy and let him hear no more of this.
  • » Harrierkit . Harrierpaw . Harrierstripe
    » WindClan Warrior
    » He/him
    » A black and chocolate chimera with golden eyes.
    » "Speech"thoughtsattack
  • » A foe who uses jeers and jaunts to distract his opponents.
    » Excels in using terrain to his advantage.
    » Fights to outwit and see another day.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

• Haha
Reactions: Noor ♡
Something about the odd exchange of flirting here reminded him of his parents, in the short time he had them both under the stars. His father made Sedgebreeze blush easily, honeyed words sending her into a flustered state. He couldn't always catch exactly what he was saying, especially when his mother had covered his ears for most of it. The display between Roeflame and Burnstorm was quite entertaining, feeling opposite to Harrierstripe.

The mackeral rose to his Clanmates side, glancing up into gold sights and smirked. Perhaps Harrierstripe's words had been misunderstood by Heatherpaw, as he assumed the Moor-Runner meant something else in specifying she-cats never receiving this behavior from him. Tufted ears perked up and Heatherpaw couldn't help but giggle. "Are you trying to say I have a chance you'd be sweet on me, Harrierstripe? I might consider looking into honey-sweet eyes for a nuzzle."

//mobile post so dont mind any typos<3 ​
WINDCLAN APPRENTICE ✦ RED MACKEREL TABBY ✦ 11 MOONS ✦ TAGS

• Haha
Reactions: Jay and AVA

dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
ROEFLAME — I fell in love with the fire long ago.

The confusion that flickers at the others features, however fleeting, is enough to make Roeflame’s heartbeat skip.
Shit, shit, shit.
He blinks, and celadon eyes shift from relaxed to practically electric with both surprise and joy.
Green eyes and silver fur.
He shares a meaningful look with her, and lightly scarred features crease with light laughter.
"Hmm, I might know someone." She hums, returning his knowing gaze with her own and taking another daring step in her streak of confidence, resting her tail over his, wishing she was taller to make a better move. There was no declaration, no direct answer- but Roeflame found she was perfectly okay with that, taking reassurance in the ebony toms perfect smile and comfort in knowing, both of them.
Harrierstripes words almost mean nothing to her, but when another Windclan tom pipes in, Roeflame would attempt to turn Burnstorms attention to the duo with a small nod of her head. "I think we just became match-makers" she teased right back with a playful wink.
"speech"
tags

Harrierstripe’s look of discontempt turns into sheer shock at Heatherpaw’s… joke? He was joking, right? The brown and blue tom is entirely baffled, it almost sends him falling backwards onto his rump. ”Wh-what?” He stammers, taking an embarrassed step back from Heatherpaw. He’s never felt so flustered in his life, underneath his fur he grows red hot. ”No… no, of course not, hare-brain!” He shakes his head back and forth in denial as he sputters out the insult.

Fur bristling, he awkwardly glances at Roeflame and Burnstorm. He’s only to be further humilated when noticing at least one of them was aware of his scene with Heatherpaw. He bares his teeth and darts off in a hurry.
  • >> out!
  • » Harrierkit . Harrierpaw . Harrierstripe
    » WindClan Warrior
    » He/him
    » A black and chocolate chimera with golden eyes.
    » "Speech"thoughtsattack
  • » A foe who uses jeers and jaunts to distract his opponents.
    » Excels in using terrain to his advantage.
    » Fights to outwit and see another day.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
The idea of his siblings finding love, moving on from their grievances and starting lives of their own- becoming better than their family's drama, it makes him proud. The sound of Roeflame flirting with his brother nearly makes him trip over a stick as he walks past them, his cheeks warming- how bold, and in front of cats! He could never be so bold as to say such things to someone, the thought of Sparrowsong and Greeneyes still in the back of his mind. He felt less hurt by Greeneyes' rejection, he would return home soon and they could go back to being best friends. Sparrowsong would find someone that suited them, and he would continue to support them like none other.

He hovers for a moment, blind blue eyes glancing up to look towards his brother- desperately, craving. He wants to be by his family's side in moments like these, when all of the clans are together and stuck in limbo. "Y-You two must be brilliant friends." He laughs awkwardly, a paw rubbing the back of his head- was he unwelcome? Probably.​
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 15 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

Toadpaw does not often think about love. He is too busy for such a concept, has bigger things to worry about than finding someone to settle down with. His lack of a warrior name for one, the surplus of rogues in his home for another.

Even so, he cannot discredit his sister for finding it in Burnstorm. Roeflame deserved to be happy, and deserved to spend her life with someone. Toadpaw doesn’t think he’ll find that anytime soon - doesn't know if he'll ever, if the legacy he'd been born into leaves him frozen in place - but it seems with how close they’ve gotten, Burnstorm and Roeflame have found it within each other, in words that make the overgrown apprentice’s nose scrunch up as he hears them.

And he’s not the only one, it seems, as a moor-scented declares his distaste, as another practically chases him off. Toadpaw doesn’t know either of them, but wouldn’t be surprised if they’d found each other too.

Another voice leaves him blinking, the brown tabby turning to look at the pointed tom who speaks. Toadpaw doesn’t know the cat well enough to find a name for him, but knows him well enough to place his rank, his clan - one of Burnstorm’s Sky-ridden siblings, he thinks he can place the medicine cat as.

I think they’re a little more than friends,” Toadpaw tells him with a flick of the tail. “Did you not hear a word they said? Kind of gross, honestly.” He glances toward his adoptive sister, a teasing smile on his face.​

This is gross. Immediately, Wolfwind is fake - retching at the ridiculousness spewing from Roeflame's mouth right now, and at Wolfwind's cousin, no less? She thought she'd finally gotten the story right— that Lightstrike liked Mousenose but Mousenose and Roeflame were together (?) but apparently not. Where did this come from? Is she this oblivious? Wolfwind is reeling at the possibility that this could've been right under her nose the entire time and she didn't know it.

Wolfwind finds herself snorting at a WindClan warrior's words, only for the poor guy to be immediately accosted by who Wolfwind assumes is a clanmate. The warrior's snarkiness is forgone at once, and Wolfwind is left shaking her head. She suddenly feels starkly in the minority. Not in love, never has been ( ...has she? ) She suddenly feels aimless.

But Fireflypaw— her kin, wasn't he? He seems more aimless still, trying to share a comraderie with his brother that would be left unacknowledged.

I think they’re a little more than friends, Toadpaw says, and Wolfwind finds herself humming idly. " And here I thought Roeflame liked Mousenose... " Why is she so bummed all of a sudden? There are certainly more important things to care about right now. She wills a smile back onto her face. A snort. " Love who you want Roeflame, but ya don't have to be so excruciating! "

•  
  • [ SO I RAN OUT TO THE TRACK TO GET MY CASH BACK ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! MENTOR 2 EMBERPAW; KIN 2 MANY.
    —— SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 22 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER

• Haha
Reactions: Honeydapple
Honeydapple couldn't help but eavesdrop on the scene nearby. The bickering and banter among the younger clan cats regarding love, friendship, and public displays of affection brought a warm laugh to her lips. "Oh, my..." Fireflypaw's bashful statement and Wolfwind's contorted expression added a delightful layer to the scene. She nuzzled into the side of her mate, Grizzlyjaw, watching the drama unfold with amusement.

The molly hadn't ever hesitated in showing affection or compassion to those she cared about. Even when she was a loner her family had always expressed physical and emotional embraces. In her several moons as a Clan cat she noticed many of them approached affections rather uniquely.

With a light tap on Grizzlyjaw's shoulder and a mischievous smile, Honeydapple wordlessly conveyed her intent to join the group and have a little fun. She ran her tail beneath his chin as an encouraging signal to follow her lead, leaving his soft embrace to approach the forming group of cats. Her smile was now simple and inviting as she settled a pawstep or two away from Wolfwind.

Spotting the banter of the young, new lovebirds reminded her of the early days with Grizzlyjaw, of testing waters and playing the game of who could be the best partner. They hadn't been much older than the two at that time either. Honeydapple's mate was always close by, a constant presence in her life.

She turned her gaze once more to Grizzlyjaw, sending him a knowing look, before dramatically falling into him, sighing, batting her eyelids, and purring. "I've adored this overgrown lovebug for many, many moons." She proclaimed with pride, her cheek nuzzled against his chest. "I felt no shame then, and certainly not now." The sensation of her mate's coat, warm and comforting, always grounded her.

Then, she moved her attention back to Burnstorm and Roeflame, offering her well-wishes with kindness. "Congratulations, and I hope you both experience a plethora of happy moments." Her expression radiated an excess of warmth. In these challenging times, moments of humor and newfound love were in high demand. Honeydapple hoped that all of these young warriors could share many more heartfelt days to come.

ooc; @GRIZZLYJAW tagging for interaction!

AAUUGGGGHHH.

That is the sound crying out in Grapejuice's mind. In fact, every time someone opens their mouth, its the sound his mind responds with. The swamp was GROSS ENOUGH! And now everyone is making it even more gross! With every flirt that is made, he feels himself shriveling inside like an unwatered plant. He knows he's kind of a hypocrite.... But at least the moments he had spent with Dogteeth weren't so....SO... GUSHY.

But he supposes this is better than what he initially expected from everyone. He expected misery and woe, he expected fights to break outwith all the clans in one spot. But....Here they all were. Being gross. This is a good thing, actually. It's a pleasant surprise, even if it makes him want to gag.

He props his head up with his paws and sighs dreamily. "Even in our darkest hour when everything seems hopeless, love shines through!!" He says.

How long will it last, though? How long will THE POWER OF LOVE conquer everyone's woes? Hopefully long enough to fix their current circumstances.​

It's wasn't exactly disgusting to her compared to how most of them reacted.. Merely very amusing. Large ears pinned forward from her spot intentively. She remembered how Aspenhaze and her announced it in a way; affectionate but it wasn't in the way they had at all. First it was in private- which made her wonder if this was played out and they had actually announced feelings the normal way... Not some cringe worthy flirting. Petalnose let a rare chuckle fall from her maw, eyes lit up with entertainment. "How funny. What an announcement." She teased, curling her tail around her paws neatly, "I'd expect a litter next spring from you two." She jested with a mischievous expression falling upon her face.

And it seemed the crowd was going wild for them.. in a less lightening manner. It was nice to find some lighter times in the evident doom they sat in, how fun would it be to press some humor further? "Hopefully your offspring carry both of your 'charming' abilities."

Did Thunderclan always carry cats who believed they were so great at charming? She remembered back when Racconstripe attempted to do such for amusement. Atleast, it was fun to point at and laugh. Hopefully they practiced it enough to actually become talented at it towards other clans.

Tags

Last edited:

It was like a horrible accident. Someone tumbling from the top of the Tallinn or- orgetting backed over by a monster, or being snapped up by foaming dog-jaws. A horrible fate that was impossible to rip your eyes away from, in- what could be cautiousness, but what was definitely fear. Or- or some other type of discomfort.

Twitchbolt did not quite know what about the display made his fur, for a second, feel like a thicket- it wasn't as if the very idea of love repulsed him. Maybe it was openly displaying it, quite loudly, in front of a lot of onlookers. Some of which didn't even know you. Maybe, though- maybe that was brave, the way it was supposed to be done. Or- more reasonably, he drilled that fact into his head- it simply depended on the cat.

He thought back to the conversation he had with Blazestar- when the leader had seemed profoundly unsurprised about his feelings for Quillstrike. If it hadn't been... been surprising, then did that mean it was obvious? Glaringly obvious, like this? Painted as bright as blood on snow? Oh- immediately, like the crackle of lightning-static, he felt convulsing embarrassment begin to heat up beneath his fur. Tone hushed and somewhat fringed with suspicion, he whispered to his own mate, "We're not like... this, are we?"

It was a horrifying concept. But maybe when he calmed down, he'd congratulate them...

\ talking to @QUILLSTRIKE
penned by pin ✧