private I lie awake every night - wrenflutter

BORN TO FIND THAT GREAT UNKNOWN ⋆⁺₊⋆
An unnaturally warm day. Tempted outside by the sunlight, Flamewhisker followed her kits out into the camp. They ran off chasing each other, and she let out a small purr. They had too much energy for her anymore. She had grown lazy and out of shape being confined here. The pain in her side from getting tossed off the dog didn't help either, but she was determined to not let her kits know how sore she was. They were only now starting to regain their confidence, they didn't need to see their mother hurting.

She spotted Wrenflutter also laying outside, enjoying the sun. The queen would pad over to join her, offering her a polite smile. "Mind if I join you?" she would ask. After receiving confirmation, she would slowly ease herself onto the ground, wincing as she moved just right. Her kits weren't watching right now, so she could not bottle it in. "That dang dog shook me off and I landed wrong." she hated dogs. The world would be a better place without them...safer too.

"How are your kits? Are they still shaken up?"

//
@wrenflutter

"ALWAYS"
With most of her routine herding around her four children, the few moments Wrenflutter found herself without her children mostly involved her laying down content to observe the clan bustle about the day. Such a moment was this when her ears twitched at approaching paw steps. Lifting her head, she smiled at one of her fellow queens. "Of course." She nodded, observing the younger queen as she settled down, narrowing her eyes as the red tabby winced from the pain. "Dogs are rather unpleasant." She nodded in agreement. She liked most things, but even dogs were a nuisance most of the time. "They're..." She trailed off, frowning somewhat. "I suppose that they could be worse off, all things considered. But overall, they're doing well. They're each taking their stride in dealing with it." Wrenflutter rambled as she lightly kneaded the ground. So far, her kits method of dealing with the aftermath is harmless, so she won't stop it for the time being. "How are Falconkit and Stormkit doing?" She inquired focusing amber hues on the green-eyed femme.
დ ♡ დ