camp I MISS RIDING HORSES | playing chase

wolfpaw!

three of swords
Oct 14, 2023
Wolfkit stands opposite @sparrowsong! , gazing up at them with piercing eyes. "So basically, you have t' chase me and if you catch me I have to chase you," she explains, because chase is a very simple game with simple rules and simple fun. The kitten just hopes that Sparrowsong will understand. It's not a game she often sees other kits playing, though she does her damndest to rope Blazingkit and Hawk-kit into it when they're around for her to do so. Her limbs itch to run; she has always liked running more than pouncing on warriors' tails. If she's honest, she does't really see the appeal in all of that sneaking around. The real excitement is in chasing down her prey. Isn't it?

Wolfkit squints up at Sparrowsong, checking for their understanding. "Do you get it? We're playing chase." She is probably repeating herself. But upon confirmation that the warrior understands their game (and still wants to play), Wolfkit's hard line of a mouth cracks into a much broader grin. "Okay yay! I'll start running so just chase me when you're ready, okay?" She's totally gonna win this one. She feels it. The short, stubby-limbed puffball takes off in a direction opposite Sparrowsong, feathered tail flagging behind her.

/ please wait for sparrowsong! ^_^

4d5460.png
  • 72111278_0Dicsw9wHLezqWU.png

— wolfkit
    — she / they / he ; kit of skyclan
    — longhaired lilac torbie with piercing yellow eyes
    — "speech" ; thoughts
    — chibi & reference by me
    — penned by meghan

..╭―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╮

leaf2.png
Wolfkit's eyes are intense as she stares up into Sparrowsong's eyes, demanding their undivided attention while she explains the rules of the game they were about to play. Of course they knew how to play chase; it was something they had played themself as a kit. They wouldn't interrupt the explanation, though, and simply nodded to show they were listening.

"Got it!" they chirped once Wolfkit checked. "It'll be fun!" She grins, and they can't help but mirror it, their heart melting for the kitten before them.

He takes off, then, and Sparrowsong counts three heartbeats before they begin to pursue, their smile turning to something more mischievous and determined. "Gonna get'cha!" the warrior says, voice raising above its typical volume. "Better run!" they giggled.

After a moment they're on Wolfkit's heels, and they themself slow to keep pace. Their limbs were longer, giving them the advantage, but stars could this kit run!

"Rrrah!" Sparrowsong exclaimed, announcing their intentions and giving their playmate several moments before they stretched out their paws to pounce. Sure enough they're evaded and they straighten up with a mock expression of defeat. "Wolfkit is too fast!" they announced with a sigh. "I'll need some help from some extra quick paws to catch her!" Gray eyes flicker over to the nursery.

// IM SORRY I FORGOT ABOUT THIS

leaf3.png

..╰―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╯