private I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS, I ALWAYS DID MY BEST ‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. "CARRIONSHRIEK"

YqtPvvc.png

.𓍊↟ DOWN THE BANK WHERE THE DOGS ROAM, POR LA CALLE QUE TE LLEVA A CURICÓ ↟𓍊.
jFAjt8v.png

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. — He's grateful that he doesn't need to move to seek out the familiar pale pelt of Softpaw or rather Carrionshriek and he winces inwardly at the name that Skyclaw had given the molly, this one certainly being the worst one yet. His ears angle forward as the albino slips into the dark, cool of his den and he offers a dip of his helm before asking her to come closer with a wave of his paw. His tired gaze tries to read her expression to see how she feels about all of this but dares not to ask quite yet considering that he needed to redress his wounds after having been on his paws earlier when he should've been resting. Her new name would not leave his jaws just the same as Doepath and Antlerbreeze, its his own form of defiance towards Skyclaw especially after what had happened in his own den a week prior yet he would feel guilt in referring her as paw when she was the age of a warrior.

"Softsong," He decides as he breathes the name into existence and nods his head in greeting, he tilts his head to the side and his tired smile falters "I'm fortunate for you to visit me... May you help me redress my wounds?" The silver tom adjusts himself slightly in his nest knowing that his wounds had slightly opened especially his outing with Antlerbreeze and one of Skyclaw's warriors. He could see darker, small splotches of new blood being soaked into the cobwebs but he needed to change them and he didn't wish to bother Orangepaw or any of his nephews to help him. Gentlestorm figures that this would help teach Softsong a lot better than later on when it was someone else's injury, he could instruct her what to do.

"Just grab a bit more cobwebs..." He winces as he glances at the wound knowing that shaky paws had tended to it and he's been feeling a little lightheaded as of late, he swallows dryly wishing that he didn't need to use his own herbs on himself. Those were for his injured clanmates not himself... Regardless, he let's out a shaky breath and adds on in a slightly defeated voice "And an oak leaf... for infection..." Gentlestorm falls silent as he watches the mirror of the moon itself approach the shelf of his herbs and he blinks his copper gaze "How are you feeling about all of this?" He finally dares to ask.

pp8zRLW.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 53DAF6v.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    58 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    demiromantic bisexual ; widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

Carrionshriek had found that most days under Skyclaw's reign, she woke up feeling more exhausted than she had when she'd gone to sleep. Days devolved into a simple cycle of wake, duties, sleep, repeat, never wanting to step out of line lest she garner the unwanted attention of Skyclaw and his cronies. Vilefury - how she hated thinking of her sister like that, with that name - was a relief to return to at night, where they could share their troubles, but there weren't many others that Carrionshriek could go to for respite.

Regrettably, she hadn't even visited Gentlestorm and the medicine cat's den since before she had been named, and she knew that in that time Skyclaw had dared to lay his paws on the medicine cat - a crime like no other, in Carrionshriek's book, but she had come to realize that Skyclaw didn't care what he did so long as it benefited himself. It reminded her briefly of the Gathering that had happened once, when paws had been raised against a medicine cat, and StarClan had expressed their disapproval - where was that disapproval now? There was no reason for StarClan to allow this to happen.

As she now slid into the medicine cat's den, Carrionshriek took a moment and breathed in the scent of the herbs, letting their multiple aromas calm her. It was like stepping into another world every time she came here, and she wasn't sure that ethereal feeling would ever fade, no matter how many times she visited. When she opened her eyes, she saw Gentlestorm, and a deep sigh left her maw. She doesn't know what to say at first, knowing that she hadn't been in to check on him since Skyclaw had been seen leaving his den with blood on his claws; luckily, Gentlestorm speaks first, and the atmosphere shifts.

Softsong, Gentlestorm says, and Carrionshriek feels a rush of emotion in her. Once, as a kit, she had been playfully called Softstorm - and now, in lieu of a name given to her without blessing or love, here was Gentlestorm to anoint her with a name that felt restorative of her soul.

"Gentlestorm," Carrionshriek replies as she comes to his side, a frown tapering onto her face at the sight of the tom's wounds, blood seeping into the cobweb that held them closed. "It'd be my honor to help you." She nods, and steps aside to gather the necessary treatment - cobwebs, of course, and then oak leaf, which she had learned recently from Gentlestorm could help with infection. It's alarming, to think that Gentlestorm's wound might be infected. "Is it infected? How badly?" She asks, eyes scanning over the shelf of herbs that she knows nothing about.

With her back to Gentlestorm when he asks how she feels about everything, Carrionshriek hesitates. She knows she can trust Gentlestorm - it's nothing of that caliber that she hesitates for. "I'm... upset," she admits after a moment of debating her words, wanting to get them just right - in the end, she simply says how she feels, suddenly feeling drained of having to keep up with all Skyclaw does. "I wish I could do anything to... stop him." She lowers her voice, aware that Skyclaw has eyes and ears almost everywhere.

Returning to his side, Carrionshriek adds, "Thank you."