private I swear I could fly - flycatcher

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊ The green leaf sun felt amazing as she laid in a sunny spot inside the camp. Her limbs were tired and achy from carrying around the extra weight, and simply walking across the camp was exhausting. It was hard to believe how Moonwhisper and Roeflame had managed to make the climb up the ravine when they were this far along...but adrenaline and fear could make one do anything she supposed. She wished the Sunningrocks were closer, and not right next to another clan's territory. Taking a nap along those warm stones would feel great.

She could feel the rise and fall of Flycatcher's side behind her. Not sharing her nest with him each night felt strange, but not quite as lonely as last time. She missed him dearly of course, but the nursery was a lot more occupied than it had been with her first litter. Once her and Leopardtongue had their kits, it would be even more full. Perhaps they would even have to expend the den...if not the nursery, probably for sure the apprentice den. Here in a few months, the clan would be overflowing with apprentices.

Her eyes slowly began to shut, feeling the warmth of the sun begin to take over. She was so tired these days, a nap wouldn't be uncharacteristic. Though, before she could completely doze off, she was awoken by a sharp kick in her side. Her eyes opened, and she lifted her head. Another kick, and a wiggle. "Oh they are a lively bunch now...they must have known I was falling asleep!" she purred amusedly, before bumping her head against him. She felt him place his paw on her side, and she let out a quiet purr. "Do you feel them?"

//
@Flycatcher

• IMG_1447.png.webp
  • FLAMEWHISKER she/her, deputy of thunderclan, 31 moons, ages on the 20th
    LH red tabby with low white (masks black tabby, carries dilute, solid)
    currently mated to Flycatcher / / mother to: Falconheart and Stormfeather
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    will start a fight, will finish fights, will kill (case depending)
    link to toyhouse
    penned by Icey !@icefang65 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

It was hard to believe the time had almost come for their second litter to be born. With every passing day, Flycatcher's excitement grew, keen to meet the new bundles of fur. He often wondered what they might look like, what their personalities might be like...

Flycatcher was quietly dozing, when Flamewhisker's amused purring and comments about the unborn kits being a lively bunch woke him up. He yawned quickly, and shifted on his side once Flamewhisker bumped her head against his. Carefully, he would rest a paw on her side, jumping slightly in surprise when he felt movement underneath it. "Very lively indeed!" Flycatcher agreed with a purr. "I wonder if any of them will enjoy climbing like me. I can't wait to show them the Great Sycamore and show them the basics of how to climb." He would try and supervise them as best he could, perhaps pleading nicely with their future mentors to let him take them out to practice. "Any idea how many you think we'll have with this litter?" He asked.

Reactions: Flamestar

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊ He placed a paw on her side, and much like they had been just a few moments ago, they began to squirm around. Her eyes lit up with joy, and she continued to purr. Soon the kits would be here, and they would be chasing leaves and bugs, and getting into trouble like all kits did. She was ready...beyond ready. As her mate spoke about taking them climbing, her heart tightened at the thought....but she would trust him. Climbing was an important skill to have, and if it could potentially keep their kits safe one day, then she would have to allow it. "I'm sure they will love it." she said softly, bumping her head against him once again.

Any idea how many you think we'll have with this litter? She nodded, glancing towards the Medicine Cat den. "Gentlestorm called me in to his den earlier..." she started, raising her gaze to the sky for a few moments. "I could tell you, or I could make you wait and find out." Her eyes narrowed slightly, and she smiled playfully. "I think he said something about eight? I don't know though, that doesn't seem like enough. These little things eat like there's twenty."

She waited a few moments to see his response, before curling her tail happily. "Gentlestorm thinks we'll have three. Isn't it so exciting?"

• [bimg]View attachment 1621[/bimg]
    FLAMEWHISKER she/her, deputy of thunderclan, 31 moons, ages on the 20th
    LH red tabby with low white (masks black tabby, carries dilute, solid)
    currently mated to Flycatcher / / mother to: Falconheart and Stormfeather
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    will start a fight, will finish fights, will kill (case depending)
    link to toyhouse
    penned by Icey !@icefang65 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.