camp I THANK MY WICKED DREAMS [overnight stay]

Jan 10, 2024
The gathering is over, and while Sangriapaw had plenty of fun, she’s super sleepy now. She hasn’t ever been outside this late before—hopefully she won’t have to get up super early in the morning. But now that the fun is over, she’s left wondering whether it was a good idea to go at all. She’s never spent the night away from her home, or away from her mom, before. Tonig by, she knows she’ll sleep in SkyClan tonight amongst the other apprentices, but as she looks up to the full moon, Sangriapaw can think of nothing except her mother. Is Fantastream sitting at home right now, looking out the window at the same nighttime sky? Is the warrior wondering what her kits are doing, whether she and Coffeepaw are okay? The thought makes her sad. Maybe she shouldn’t have gone to the gathering at all.

It isn’t until Sangriapaw steps into the apprentice den that she realizes the greatest problem with sleeping in SkyClan’s camp. She doesn’t have a nest, because… she doesn’t live here. Because you don’t belong here, some tiny voice in the back of her head whispers, and her jaw clenches. She does belong here, just like Fluffypaw and Springpaw and Daisypaw belong here. She’s a SkyClanner just as much as anyone else. There’s nothing to worry about. She can definitely still sleep in here… right? Green eyes shift around the den, and then she turns and makes her way back out into the camp. "So… where do I sleep?" She asks, somewhat self-consciously, to no one in particular.

• ooc:
  • 78265045_tUGqQTyXuIRKc1K.png
    SANGRIAPAW ❯❯ she/her, daylight apprentice of skyclan
    cinnamon torbie with white spotting and vibrant leaf-green eyes. bold, bright, and curious.
    daughter of fantastream & figfeather ; sister to coffeepaw
    mentored by johnnyflame
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

Even if he was somewhat used to sleeping in Skyclan’s camp now, Eggshell still remembered how rough the first night was for him. A chorus of insects and occasional insomniac birds instead of silence, sticks poking into fur no matter which way he turned, and a half-dozen other warm bodies barely a tail-length away that he had to worry about waking up. The ball of nerves wasn’t the best sleeper to begin with, so adding all the variables of life in the wild made it even worse.

Eggshellbloom hadn’t gone to the gathering, and was about to go to bed himself when Skyclan started to trickle back into camp. Sangriapaw’s question made folded ears flick up, and the ball of nerves stopped short just as he was about to enter the warriors’ den. “You can - You can take m-my nest for tonight, if you want” The whelp offered, approaching the apprentice with his voice sounding strangely nervous (well, more nervous than usual). “I - I’ll guard the camp tonight, s-so it’s fine.” In truth, the boy’s kindness came with a helping of paranoia attached to it. Staying away from his housefolk for too long was what had tipped them off, and caused Eggshell’s imprisonment. He didn’t know Sangriapaw’s twolegs, and had no control over what they did when she eventually returned, but he could stand watch and alert everyone if they came looking for her.​

He'd not gone to the Gathering, but- of course, Twitchbolt couldn't sleep. He'd not slept an adequate amount since he was a newborn, but especially now it was difficult to collapse into dreams. The bustle of the return party from the Gathering was difficult to sleep through, anyway- suspicious eyes peered through the dark, found shaped cloaked within it, and sought Sangriapaw. Fond of that particular apprentice (despite how her mother had recently stung his feelings with quite a deft precision), he was not far behind Eggshellbloom when he approached.

"You'll need to sleep too at some point, Eggshellbloom," Twitchbolt croaked, concern a-flicker in green eyes. Attention swiftly swept to Sangriapaw, though- he set her with a level eye, assessing the space in the apprentice's den. It was certainly less of a squeeze than it had been, as a result of their... sudden surplus of warriors. For once he found himself slightly jealoud of Dawnglare of all cats, in his very own den.

"There's plenty of space... and thankfully, moss isn't too hard to come by, if you'd rather have your own nest." Eggshellbloom's offer was kind, but it was best to have options, right?
penned by pin ✧

Fluffypaw is not only physically exhausted, but socially burnt out, as well. The exuberant WindClan apprentice they’d exchanged words with had run her metaphorical battery dry. The tortoiseshell chimera drags her paws as she enters camp, her tail hanging limply in the dust. All she wants to do is find her still-stale-smelling nest and curl into it until the sun rises. She prepares to head for the apprentice’s den when she notices an uncharacteristically anxious-looking Sangriapaw fidgeting, uncertain. The young she-cat frowns, wondering what the trouble is—and then she realizes. Sangriapaw can’t walk home by herself this late. She has to stay in SkyClan’s camp tonight, and it’s her first time… ever.

Eggshellbloom kindly offers to share his nest, but Twitchbolt interjects, stating it would be easier to make one. Fluffypaw isn’t so sure. “You can share my nest with me, if you want,” she tells her cousin, smiling kindly in her direction. “I-I’m sure there’s plenty of room for you, too.” And it wouldn’t be so bad to have some company, would it? Even if her kin is a little loud, Fluffypaw loves her all the same.

• ooc:
  • imfwvC1.jpg
  • Fluffykit . Fluffypaw, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 6 moons old, ages realistically on the 8th.
    — mentored by Greeneyes ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a.
    — skyclan apprentice. butterflytuft x dandelionwish, gen 3.
    — penned by Marquette.
    lh chocolate tortie/cream chimera with jade eyes. frightened, clingy, anxious, gentle.

Hesitantly, she looks around for some kind of answer. Maybe one of the apprentices can help her, or even Figfeather or Johnnyflame. She doesn’t care who helps her, as long as they’re nice about it. And the very first warrior who approaches her is a nice one—Eggshellbloom is kinda awkward, but he offers to let her take his nest for the night since he’s on guard duty tonight. It’s a good idea, but the cinnamon torbie is kinda worried about moving his nest. What if she breaks it? And what about when Eggshellbloom is done with his camp-watching and wants his nest back?

Twitchbolt’s sudden appearance makes her frown, eyes shifting away from the ex-deputy. He tells the other warrior that giving his nest to her isn’t a good idea, because he’ll need somewhere to sleep eventually, and even though Sangriapaw agrees, she doesn’t agree with what he says next. There might be plenty of moss, but she doesn’t know how to make a nest! And it’s not like she’d need it for more than one night—because she’s not spending another night here. SkyClan is fun, and the gathering was fun, but she really, really misses her mom and her bed right now. "I don’t know how to make a nest," she mutters, a bit petulantly. She’s sleepy, and she just wants to flop down in her nice comfy bed at home—but she can’t, because she decided to go to the gathering instead…

She doesn’t want to draw more attention to her problem, and doesn’t want to look too out of place amongst the other apprentices. So she turns to her cousin, eyes wide but tired. Fluffypaw is her favorite cousin; even though she’s kind of a crybaby, she’s the nicest and she offers to let Sangriapaw share her nest. "Can I just share your nest, Fluffypaw? Promise I’ll be so quiet, you won’t even know I’m here!" Well, obviously Fluffypaw will know she’s there, since they’ll both be squeezed into the same nest, but it sounds more comfortable than being all alone by herself for the entire night…

• ooc:
  • 78265045_tUGqQTyXuIRKc1K.png
    SANGRIAPAW ❯❯ she/her, daylight apprentice of skyclan
    cinnamon torbie with white spotting and vibrant leaf-green eyes. bold, bright, and curious.
    daughter of fantastream & figfeather ; sister to coffeepaw
    mentored by johnnyflame
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

• Love
Reactions: FLUFFYPAW