pafp I tried hard you know // early morning [intro]

Apr 26, 2024
WATCHING YOUR
PRETTY SMILE SO WARM
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
frecklepaw & 08 moons & trans. fem & she/they/it & riverclan apprentice
IMG_3723.png
An apprentice in the warrior den would, usually, be a strange sight - but for frecklepaw, it's near daily problem. Though the mousy girl is usually a quiet thing, a silent shadow as she slips around camp and trails along after her siblings, whenever troutsnout is involved she is decidedly not. Blue and white speckled she-cat weaves her way through the crowd of bodies easily, round doe eyes settling upon her big sister with a pout. " Trout - pst trout. Hey... hey... " she fusses, and though words are quiet as the early morning air already a pitiful whine is building in her throat as she fights to wake her sister, to grab her attention. They'd already been apart for far too long - chased out of the medicine den to let her 'rest' and 'recover' (frecklepaw thinks that troutsnout would've recovered far better at her side, what does the medicine cat apprentice know anyways). " 'm hungry... let's go hunt, " she whines, soft voice pleading. It's not as though she'll starve if they don't leave immediately - or that she couldn't wait to be assigned on patrol, or for her mentor, or really for all manner of other opportunities to earn her fill; no, she just doesn't want to. Can't be bothered if it's not her big sister beside her.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
I L O S E M Y C O O L , W H E N I G E T E M O T I O N A L

Troutsnout had been dreaming of the past of their happy family with the moon reflecting on the waters. She was still an apprentice, three little bundles of fur: Kestrelkit, Frecklekit and Magpiekit. Her eyes stared at them once her mother finally had gotten enough rest to introduce her to them and she knew at that moment, she would die to protect her little siblings no matter what. They had adorable little folded ears at the time, tiny paws that kneaded at her mother's stomach and occasional cries that came in pauses as they nursed. It was so cute and a blessing that she would have these little things to protect and watch grow.

A soft whine tickles her ears as she continues her dream, and it continues for a moment. Trout rolls over in her sleep, ears flicking until it finally clicks. It was Frecklepaw. An exhausted gaze blinks open and is welcomed by a blurry fiesta of other bodies and her younger sibling, having to take a few blinks to finally clear her sight. " Mmn... " The female groans softly as she slowly finds the energy to sit up and face the other spotted tabby, slightly bumping her forehead on the others and giving her forehead a couple licks. She was half-asleep as she gives her sister rasps across between the ears, chambray gaze attempting to drift to sleep once more.

Before, Troutsnout would've been up the moment the sun rose and barely slept. Ever since her conversation with Foxtail and meeting Slateheart, she had slowly changed in a more healthy manner. She enjoyed the little moments of life and found the time to care for herself just as she cared for her siblings. Her chambray gaze no longer had eyebags, she was properly groomed and Troutsnout practically glowed in a manner. The she-cat looked disheveled and didn't bother before, but it was hard to not notice how radiant and beautiful she was looking nowadays. " My adorable baby sister. "

Her voice was sleepy as she sniffs on her little sister for a moment and smiles softly at the carbon copy of their father. She slowly gets to her paws and takes a big stretch, ears pinning back fully and the fur along her spine rising until she finishes her stretch. " Shh... Don't wake everyone else up, Freckle. " Trout coos softly, using her nose to gently guide the girl out as she yawns. " You... didn't groom yourself. " The elder sister would state as her vision eventually had all the sleep away noticing that tufts of hair stood up on the blue spotted tabby.

It didn't take long until the elder sister used a paw to sit her small sibling down, a plumed tail gently wrapped around them as she grooms the uncooperative tufts down. Frecklepaw would probably whine about being hungry again, but she knew that Trout was strict about them taking care of themselves. However, Trout would easily give anything in the world to pamper her siblings and anyone in Riverclan could see that with how she spoiled her baby siblings.

WATCHING YOUR
PRETTY SMILE SO WARM
frecklepaw & 08 moons & trans. fem & she/they/it & riverclan apprentice
81483068_DlXKPK7T9gucbMA.png
" 'M not adorable, " comes token protest from the teen, but already the blue furred girl is preening under her sisters attention. Troutsnout is certianly her favorite sibling, no matter how much she loves her littermates - the only 'parental' connection she has left, certainly, and the spoiled apprentice is certain to cling on tight.

Still, her sister doesn't give in immediately, something she notes absently with a burst of anxiety but wills herself to ignore, focusing instead on the stead rasp of her tongue against her pelt. After all, despite the disgruntled look that crosses her face at the lack of immediate resolution to her morning hunger, Frecklepaw is, in fact, perfectly content to let her sister dote upon her - a quiet purr rising up in her chest. " It's just gonna get messy again anyway, " comes perfunctory complaints, as at last she tries to wriggle free of her sisters grasp - and truthfully, it probably will.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
I L O S E M Y C O O L , W H E N I G E T E M O T I O N A L

Regardless of if it does, you still have to groom yourself.” Troutsnout would murmur as she gets a small tuft of disobedient fur down off Frecklepaw's head before finally letting her sister wiggle free. While Frecklepaw considered her to be the favorite sibling, Troutsnout would give the world to her baby siblings. It was familial love mixed with the guilt of giving their mother permission to pass along and join their father in the stars above. She was lenient with many things, however, she never allowed anyone to mess or hurt her siblings. None's ever tried but it was obvious by the way the spotted feline treated them, that if anyone or anything did- something horrible would happen.

Let's go catch some fish. I know you love fish more than anything else.” The eldest sister would respond as she gives her mane a shake after her little sister separates from her. Mismatched paws slowly tread across the ground slowly as she yawns once more, attempting to get rid the last bit of the drowsiness in her body out. How could her baby sister not think she was adorable? She was so silly, how could she not think Freckle wasn't adorable when she always wanted her attention? All of her siblings were adorable! Ah... I love them so much. Troutsnout would think as she thinks about her family, a smile curling on delicate features.