private I WILL LET YOU DOWN [hound]

The horseplace is an unnerving territory, a land that Gravelsnap has wandered the edges of before but never ventured farther into. They don’t necessarily hate being here, not so long as they have a few friends remaining at their side, but they question whether they have made the right decision. Leaving behind Bluefrost had been bad enough, but to abandon Thriftfeather as well—how could they have done such a thing? They trained the golden tabby from a scrap of an apprentice to a capable warrior who stands taller than Gravelsnap themself.

His own mentor has always been a comforting presence, and Gravelsnap finds it simple to seek him out. He’s asked the older tom for advice before when dealing with his own apprentice, but this time is different. This isn’t them asking for advice; they are asking for reassurance. They are asking whether they have messed up with Thriftfeather, to the point that the young warrior is beyond saving. So they approach their former mentor with a smile that feels more like a grimace across their muzzle, moving to sit beside him. "Houndthistle," he begins, shifting nervously from paw to paw. Their body is tense, and it takes them a long few heartbeats before they find the nerve to speak once again. "Can I… ask you something?"

// @HOUNDTHISTLE
[ you put the fun into dysfunction ]

"BECAUSE COWBOY DAN'S A MAJOR PLAYER IN THE COWBOY SCENE"

C_Angelkisses.gif
Houndthistle peered up as Gravelsnap approached, ears perking expectantly though his face is... sympathetic. Even a cat like Houndthistle knows what Gravelsnap likely is asking. Did I do the right thing? Those words were what Houndthistle himself asked about everything he's chosen to do since his paws first ran red with the lifeblood of another. But, if he ever definitively answered that question with no, it'd likely drive him crazy. Perhaps crazier than Sootstar. Nonetheless, he shook his fur free of the hay that clung to it stubbornly, the plant clinging greedily to his bristly, thick pelt, before sitting next to the younger warrior. "'Course, though I reckon I know what yer gon' ask," He meowed, though his voice lacked any distaste or annoyance, purely curious as he gazed at his former charge with only fatherly warmth. "This 'bout Thriftfeather, huh?" He asked gently, leaning to catch Gravelsnap's eye.

"speech"

• text
  • Physical Health
    100%
    ⤷ left eye is blinded
    Mental Health
    98%

• Single | Bicurious | Not actively looking | Interested in Wolfsong, Scorchstreak, Sootspritespark

Houndthistle is both an easy one to gain the trust of and impossible to gain the trust of. He'll rarely reveal personal information or be vulnerable-if he's even capable of such things-but he will show trust in his willingness to lay his life down. To gain it, he needs evidence that you're loyal and strong, same as him, otherwise he understands he may one day have to come head to head with you.

— will start fights / will not flee / may show mercy
    excels at Fighting, Tracking, Following Orders, Intimidation
    poor at climbing, swimming, stealth, talking, strategy, politics
    — sounds like: deep, gravelled and thick with a sort of country accent / Arthur Morgan
    — smells of iron, leather, and wood
    — speech is #435E75