I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND YOU // fallowpaw

stormbanner.png
☁︎
// @FALLOWPAW

Training had been put on hold for some time. Her superiors thought it might be best for Fallowpaw to settle back in slowly, and be with her sisters while they recovered in the medicine den. So Stormywing had given her space, but her eyes always remained on the apprentice. She fears if she takes her sights off it for one moment, they'll run off again, disappearing into the leaf-bare snow like a ghost. And finally on this morning, she decides it's finally time to get back into their routine if training - after she's straightened some things out.

They're out in the forest, padding towards the Sandy Hollow, and silence hangs in the air. The warrior's thoughts are filled with words she wants to say, but isn't sure how to phrase. She feels like she could burst, evident in how her tail lashes behind her or her ears angle backwards against her head in frustration. Finally, she can't hold any of her thoughts and feelings in anymore and blurts, "Why?" She is staring straight ahead, the clearing coming into view. Golden eyes narrow and she shakes her head, still not looking at her. "Why did you leave without saying a word?"
I WANNA TASTE LOVE AND PAIN ☁︎

( ⁀➷ )  Fallow knows that a return to training is inevitable. Still, she dreads it. Stormywing's reaction to its return left it off-kilter, wails of I'm gonna kill you echoing in her ears. Pinned to the ground yet again and feeling fear grasp its heart. She means well, it hopes, and her clanmates affirmed as much. That hasn't stopped Fallow from avoiding her, delaying the inevitable execution order of whatever punishment her mentor has in store.

The walk to Sandy Hollow is tense, as ozone in the air before a lightning strike. "You woulda stopped me if I said goodbye, yeah?" Fallow mumbles. It's not quite an answer, not quite a question. She lets it hang in the air for a moment, worrying her snaggleteeth against her top lip. Maybe it'd be better to spin some tale, lie about being dragged away by Baying Hound. The thought of it makes her feel a little sick, though, and Fallow has never been one to lie.

She speaks reluctantly, eyes downcast. "Wanted to see 'em again. My family." Stormywing should understand, right? She's got all her siblings here with her. Fallow wasn't afforded that luxury -- is it so bad to want it?
74701060_9q7jeRpuNlkPdZT.png

• //
  • ˏˋ ° • *⁀➷ FALLOWPAW. THUNDERCLAN APPRENTICE. SHE / HER & IT / ITS.
    5 MOONS & AGES ON THE 1ST. PENNED BY SATURNID.

A SCARRED, POINTED BROWN MOLLY WITH PATCHY WHITE SPOTTING.

BAYING HOUND xx NPC. SISTER TO DOEPAW, FAWNPAW, ANTLERPAW, & ELKPAW.

stormbanner.png
☁︎
Stormywing doesn't need to consider the question long. As if it's the most obvious answer in the world, she looks at her apprentice incredulously and gawks, "Uh, yeah!" She shakes her head as they descend into the Sandy Hollow and jerks her eyes back to Fallowpaw. "You're an apprentice, you're not supposed to go off alone. And no clanmate can just leave, Fallowpaw. That's not how this works! You can't leave and come back whenever you want!" She begins to scold, her voice picking up as emotion takes hold. She catches herself and draws it back in, huffing as she looks at the ground. There is hurt in her eyes - anger, too - but more than anything there is just a desire to understand her apprentice. "I woulda helped you. ThunderClan woulda helped you."

She turns her head away, her tail giving a single lash. "Look. I'm glad you're back, kid. I really am. But we're gonna have to lay down some ground rules now." She had always wanted her apprentice to have the freedom Barkjaw had given her in training, but that freedom had led to her running away. Things had to change.
I WANNA TASTE LOVE AND PAIN ☁︎