private i would disturb your easy tranquility // edenberry

// @edenberry ?!

As promised, a few days after Edenberry returned, Butterflytuft led her to a quiet corner of SkyClan’s camp, away from the bustling activity of the clearing. The sun filters through the trees, casting a warm glow on the soft grass beneath them as the queen settles down with her paws tucked underneath her. She offers a comforting purr to her friend and flicks her tail against their flank. “I'm so glad you're finally back, Edenberry. You’ve been so missed around here!" Cocking her head to the side, she watches the young warrior with a gentle smile, her eyes betraying concern, but also a hint of curiosity. "I'd love to hear everything about your time away. We were told you were ill; you’re feeling better? Is there anything I can do to help you settle back in?" She may be bombarding her clanmate with too much, but she can’t help it! She’s been waiting for this reunion for a long time, and she’ll take this opportunity of peace to catch up with him as much as she can to make up for lost time.

It's like being whisked away on a flame-dappled breeze, the wing-soft touch of a tail against their side acting as a beckoning towards a small sunlit patch of camp. Don't you get bored, they think to ask, glancing around camp- despite all its activity, it's nothing like racing out through the territory, climbing a tree with reckless abandon, flinging yourself between swaying branches. Butterflytuft's love for motherhood had never been something they questioned... not until recently.

She coos an excited declaration, eager to see the black-and-white cat back just like several others had voiced. It stings in the same way a warm fire does... pleasantly hot but prickly on the nerves in its overwhelming touch. "I've noticed- Everything looks the same but the energy here is certainly bustling!" Maybe that came from the orange-creamsicle leader taking on all the responsibility single-pawed though.

The corners of their eyes crease softly in a weak-hearted smile, the red flag of their lies dangled so thoughtless in front of them. Every time a reminder of the charade they'd shackled Spicepaw with.. and one they'd have to maintain. "You make it sound like I was on some great adventure," they tease as she vies for details, "Just an upset stomach that ended up being more than that..." A truth, though... not wholly honest either. "I spent a lot of time lazing about so... gotta wake my legs up again. Have you been getting out to enjoy the weather too; not too bogged down now that your little ones are apprentices, huh?"

• -- edenberry / skyclan daylight warrior / any pronouns / 16 moons
    -- mostly white with black pinstripe and green eyes / scarred face and back
    -- color #728c69​

The queen’s eyes remain fixed on Edenberry as they speak, the warmth in her gaze unwavering. She senses a bit of hesitation in their words, but she chooses not to press - sometimes it's enough just to be there, offering comfort without prying too deeply. Her purr continues, steady and hopefully soothing, as she listens to their teasing tone. "I’m glad you’re okay," She replies with a gentle smile. "And I'm glad you're back on your paws. We all missed you around camp."

She shifts slightly, curling her tail around her paws as she considers their question. "Oh, I've been trying to get out when I can," She says with a light chuckle. "My oldest litter may be apprentices, but now I’ve got Budkit keeping me busy. Oh! Have you heard about her?” She suddenly realizes Edenberry might not know much about her little stray kit she’d found with Twitchbolt. She tilts her head, whiskers twitching.