pafp IF I WERE A FISH [ swimming ]

Aug 10, 2023
FIGHTING IT IS HOPELESS ————————————​
Carppaw inhaled gently as they stood at the banks of the river. Her head cocked gently. The water had been introduced to her already- but the fresh apprentices from the beginning of the week hadn't hardly the training that she had. Blue eyes shifted towards the figures near her- Snakeblink, for one, and Cicadapaw for another. Perhaps Cicada's father was nearby as well, considering the nature of today's lesson. Carppaw peered into the blue depth, the river's calm edge mirroring herself. Her head cocked one water, then the other, a tiny giggle leaving her as her mirror followed.

The water had always felt like home to her. It was just ironic her namesake was in line with that feeling, too. A fish belonged to the waves, the tides. Perhaps Carppaw belonged there, too. A warm noise left her as her paws touched the water, which had already began to cool in light of Leaffall. She pushed into the water then, slipping in and her fur slicking back. She swam a small distance before turning to look back towards Cicadapaw. "Well? Come on, Cicadapaw! It's fun, I promise, you're going to like it a lot. Do you want me to guide you in? It's cold. Be careful." A mountain of phrases left Carppaw's mouth, which was typical for her, a wide grin on her face directed towards the shore.

// please wait for @CICADAPAW to post!
// mentor ping @Snakeblink

"speech"

——————————————————————————————— sinkin' in your ocean

• Love
Reactions: Snakeblink