IF IT MOVES [ ✦ ] wolfwind

Falconpaw had passed his assessment this time. He had gone on to be named a full warrior of ThunderClan, and while he is undoubtably proud of him he also feels strange. He could not take credit for his training, not a majority of it at least. Falconheart had shared a den with him when he himself had been an apprentice. How strange was it then that he would later go on to become his mentor, how strange was it to only teach a cat for a short time. He wonders what it would be like, to teach a cat from the ground up, the possibility of a relationship as close as the ones he had with Emberstar or Flycatcher. It scares him and excites him in equal measures.

He seeks out his cousin, a cat who he knows has trained many. His own sister included in the final tally, though he does not want to think much about that, and he offers to share a meal with her, to share tongues afterwards. The meal is passed back and forth with relatively mild conversation between. His mind was obviously elsewhere while they ate, thoughts dwelling on the upcoming leaf-bare that would no doubt make meals like this fewer and fewer between Best to savor the prey they could eat now, because soon enough his belly would only know hunger.

When their is little meat left on the bones of the animal in front of them is when finally he turns his full attention on Wolfwind, when finally he asks the one thing that has been on his mind this entire time. "What's it like?" he asks, his voice quiet "To have been a mentor to so many? Do you enjoy it?" He is not sure if he himself had enjoyed his time as a teacher, but perhaps it was because his experience was tarnished by the awkwardness of being put in charge of someone not very much younger than himself.

// @WOLFWIND ((prompt thread))

Wolfwind had thought she'd totally imagined the way the air seemed to shift, once Burnstorm was left to licking the final scraps of prey off his lips, but turns out he's been holding onto something pretty big the entire time they've been chattering. Well, the question itself may not be big to a more seasoned warrior, but to the younger folk, it certainly was. The gap between warriorhood and mentorhood was one seldom spoken about, but one that she found just as important as the promotion from apprentice to warrior. It was short, that leap. Wolfwind had still been a bit of an idiot when she'd gotten her first...

Surely, Burnstorm remembers.

His growth fully dawns on her then; realizing that the cat Wolfwind would forever envision as a shy little apprentice wasn't just his sibling, but a littermate. Awkwardness suddenly rolls off her in waves. Hopefully, he doesn't notice that.

" Do I enjoy it? " she rushes to pick up the mood, even if it was a change only felt by her and her alone. " Not as much as Raccoonstripe does. You hear apprentice, he hears free labor. " This wasn't about Raccoonstripe, though. It was about her.

Does she enjoy it? She actually doesn't know.

She likes the connection. The closeness that makes her want to smile when Sparkwing smiles. Maybe if she thinks about it, she kinda hates it too. The closeness that makes her want to cry when Sparkwing cries. The closeness that makes her worry she might have to bury him, any time she spots a scrap of blood on his hind.

Yeesh, what a downer she's become. Was it blood, or was it just the flame whorls of his coat? " It's fine. It's cool. " The answers are surface level. She can do surface level. " They're the future, we need em'. And they need you. " A smile that crinkles her eyes. His sister had needed her. How bad as she fucked that up? " You'll wanna give 'em everything. It can kinda suck, actually. But when you see em ready to be on their own, Its'all worth it, " for at least a little while.
EpC61GT.png

• Z985iMO.png
  • [ SOON I HOPE, OR SOON AS I'M OLD ENOUGH ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! LITTERMATE 2 LAKEMOON; KIN TO MANY.

SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    CURRENTLY 25 MOONS OLD AS OF 12.3.2023. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER.

There is a long stretch of silence that blooms between them, Burnstorm chalks it up to his cousin simply deliberating on the answer and he waits patiently, his golden eyes drifting to the birds flitting about in the branches of the forest before them. He would not push, he knows why the question might be a difficult one for her but he only realizes it after he had asked. Morningpaw, he thinks. She's probably thinking of my sister. Of what happened to her under her watch. He wants to tell her it's not her fault, that he does not place the blame upon anyones shoulders. Bur bringing it up when she had not would be awkward so he decides its best not to.

When finally she does speak, it evokes a chuckle from him. It was true, his uncle enjoyed having an apprentice for all the wrong reasons. He had been glad to not have been assigned to him but he pities his sister. It could not have been easy. "I can see that" he says in response to her comment about how a mentor would want to give their apprentice everything. The bond between mentor and apprentice was something he had been lucky to experience twice. "I was very close to Emberstar you know, and then Flycatcher. I looked up to them, both of them." There were some things that Emberstar did that he had not agreed with looking back, but she was a strong she-cat and kind in a way that reminded him of his mother. "I hope I get an apprentice that looks up to me in the same way I looked up to her"