Coldsnap

CAN YOU FEEL MY HEART?
Aug 1, 2022
COLDPAW-1.png

I'M SCARED TO GET CLOSE AND I HATE BEING ALONE
I LONG FOR THAT FEELING TO NOT FEEL AT ALL
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

Coldpaw had no fucking clue how he'd gotten himself roped into this. Hell, he wasn't even sure what made Hyacinth think that he of all cats would be suitable kit-watching material, because he knew he'd certainly never done anything that would indicate he liked kids, be they his own age or younger.

And yet, the large gray apprentice still found himself standing outside of the nursery with a frown planted on pale lips. He wouldn't admit that he was uneasy, that it had made him more nervous listening to Hyacinth growl at him over how he'd 'better not fuck this up' than he was any of the rigorous training she put him through... but did there have to be so many instructions??.

Don't be mean. Accept his 'gifts -whatever the hell that meant. Keep him safe. Don't let anyone pick on him for his stutter. Keep him entertained.

To be fair, the tom probably would have done most of that stuff without being told anyways, but having it all listed out for him like that, attention purposefully drawn to all of his weakest areas.... why the hell did Hyacinth think this would be a good idea?

But, it got him out of training for the night, and while Coldpaw was far too stubborn to admit it, he could probably use a solid nights sleep after how hard they'd been training lately. He had the feeling it was all building toward something but he wasn't sure what.

Oh well. Here goes nothing.

"Uh, Periwinklekit?" he called, the name sounding odd on his own tongue. He'd never spoken to a kit before, had never used the suffix on another cat, and he'd certainly never gone to the nursery of his own volition without prey or moss for the queens. Still, he poked his head inside, yellow eyes looking for the kid who'd overslept and missed out on the fieldtrip.

@Periwinklebreeze.

windclan apprentice - male - 9 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow eyes

PERFECT LITTLE PUNCHING BAG
periwinklekit | 02 months | demi-boy | he/they | physically easy (pacifist) | mentally easy | attack in bold #ccccff

Periwinklekit isn't sure exactly when he fell asleep - he's certain he sun was already up by the time he drifted off, what was meant to be a quick link turning into a long nap. It's the first time he's slept more than an hour in a few sunrises, and he'd crashed hard. Bleary blue gaze slowly opens at the sound of his name - a bit confused, why is coldpaw calling for him. It takes another moment, but as his brain catches up, he scrambles to his paws, eyes wide and watery as he realizes his family has left without him. Ears flick back, lip wobbling - he doesn't blame them, of course, but understanding or not it still hurts to be the odd one out.

"C-c-coldpaw-?" he manages through his distress, smoke hued figure passing over uncertainly. The apprentice is an intimidating tom - a bit gruff and blunt sometimes, but he always seemed to be shadowing hyacinthbreath around, so he can't be all that bad, right? Peri likes to think he's just really serious - it must be hard, having to worry about protecting and feeding the clan all the time, and he's not the only one around windclan who seems stressed by it.