pafp I'LL BLOW UP INTO SMITHEREENS [ lost kit ]

spicepaw?

FROLICKING FLAMES
Sep 13, 2022

They're used to being by herself, used to having to travel to lands that are easier to hunt on since their parents just slept one day and never woke up again (lazybones, she thinks, you can't sleep forever!). After that, she had set out by herself because her tummy had growled and she was hungry, then she had gotten lost and decided well if ma and pa were gonna sleep, she could always find them later, after all they did teach her how to hunt so she wouldn't get hungry while she waited, so off on a grand adventure she went, all by herself. Just like a grown-up!

Shes lost in a bit of thought and barely even recognizes the scent markings she had walked through, after all, she doesn't even know what they mean. The marshes were a bit dark and scary, but Spice was a big girl and shadows didn't scare her at all (they're lying, the eternal darkness the marshes have been plunged in to really did scare her). Theres a caw overhead and the tiny thing jumps, nearly cowers in to a nearby bush as their fur puffed up to twice its size. A raven flutters from a nearby branch and she tries her best to calm their beating heart, blood rushing through their ears and they grit their teeth. Blue eyes look determined, but she's honestly beyond terrified right now. Arghh, it was a mistake thinking she could find food here! Her stomach growls loudly once more and she scowls, hiding back further in the bush.

They'd just... Come out whenever their heart calmed down. Yeah... Deep breaths, deep breaths, I'm a big girl! I fear nothing!

//@TWILIGHTFALL pls wait for twilights post before responding :D
[ A FESTIVE REPRISE ]

Last edited:
Her head is in the clouds, admittedly. She's supposed to be showing Sagepaw stalking techniques, different ones for different types of prey, but her mind is blank. Green eyes catch movement between the fronds surrounding the murky pools, and instead of her huntress' instinct activating, she keeps walking. There's a dullness to her sensitivities, now, and she feels sorrowful for Sagepaw. She needs a better mentor, but... ShadowClan has no better warrior at this time.

The black and white she-cat sighs and tilts her head toward the sky. "Sagepaw, are you back there?" She turns, but the corner of her eye lags on a section of brush that trembles momentously. Too much for a frog, perhaps even too much for a noisy bird. She tastes the air and her senses sharpen. A kitten.

Twilightfall pads to the foliage, training session forgotten. She uses a dappled paw to part the foliage, and her expression softens instantly when she sees the kit within, fluffed-up and round-eyed. "Oh, little one... are you okay? What are you hiding from?" She glances around, realizing the kit's mother maybe nearby. A pity, if so; Briarstar does not take kindly to outsiders in ShadowClan territory. "I won't hurt you; come on out." She draws back patiently, a wary eye kept on her surroundings.

PENNED BY MARQUETTE

Theres a voice and Spice’s paws scream to run, if there was a voice then surely there were more behind it but she finds herself cowering deeper in to the bush, eyes misting over. Brave, brave, i'm brave, brave! She puts her little confident face on and all of the sudden there's a tall she-cat parting the bush in front of her with soft eyes. Spices first thought is that shes a very pretty cat, like a very early morning night sky being split by the dawn.

Spice blinks as she speaks and suddenly she does not feel as scared anymore, shaking body relaxing in to the cool dirt beneath white paws. What are you hiding from? "I- I'm not hiding from anything!" she protests, but her voice does not sound convincing and even Spice could tell this. "The birds..." she'd grumble out lowly, a small huff as ears pin to her skull. How embarrassing...!

But then she says she can come out and shes keeping an eye out and Spice feels relieved- the bush was poky against her back and itchy! Slowly she'd make her way out, but she instead finds herself ducking under Twilight for cover as if that raven would come and snatch her back up. Twilight promises not to hurt her and Spice believes it, she puts all her trust in to this cat, she'll protect her from any birds, Spice knows it. "I'm Spice, thats what ma and pa said my name was! I think its really cool." she hasn't heard her name uttered since she went out exploring without them and finds herself lonely, yearning for company.
[ A FESTIVE REPRISE ]

the felidae didn't usually like kits. actually, usually was a bit of an overstatement. chilledgaze didn't like kits at all. they were whiny and clingy, and far too dependent. this was no fault of theirs, of course not, but if chilledgaze had to choose, they wouldn't be anywhere near the little leeches. fortunately, their duties usually led them elsewhere, but not in this case. a fellow clanmate has found a kitten, hiding from something. chilledgaze doesn't care. what the hell is it doing here and where was it's parents?

"yeah, and where are your mom and dad, then? don't they know how stupid it is to leave a kit lying around ready to be eaten by birds."

their facial expression was neutral as they looked around before settling back to the kit. damn it. damn the stars.

"are you hungry, kit?"

[ NOBODY ELSE MATTERS, GIRL ]

Black dipped paws moved her from her current path trekking over marshy land to where she knew prey might be fresher and over to the gathered cats with curiousity piqued only to be disappointed when her icy gaze settled on the kitten. She had thought something interesting was over here and not just another furball to plague the camp's peace.
"Another kitten ditched for us to deal with? Great." There was no amusement in her tone, only annoyed indifference and she huffed once before chuckling as she shot Chilledgaze a look, "Sounds like they were trying to feed the local wildlife if you know what I mean."
I mean, if you didn't want your kid anymore it was a pretty solid way to get rid of them without much evidence. Carrion birds especially were quite good at picking messes clean, but that was a rather cowardly approach. She considered how she might feel about kits one day, decided she didn't like it and thought to keep the bird idea tucked into the back of her head.

They have more children then they need. But it is the only ones that get a free pass into becoming a Shadowclanner. A rough breath leaves the white stained woman as she makes her way toward tbe scene. Her eyes fall upon Twilightfall who is the first to approach before others are bumbling in. Shaking her head she merely shrugs her shoulders. It is likely that the child will find a home here. They have enough Qurens who will be happy to have another kit in the nursery, she is sure. "Seems very commonplace these days..." Her voice is dry as she agrees with Fleecefur, eyes looking down at the child.

At least they will be safe here, made into a fine Shadowclan warrior or so she hopes. But she can never know how a soul will turn out around these marshes. Especially given how harsh a life it is to live here.