Coldsnap

CAN YOU FEEL MY HEART?
Aug 1, 2022
Untitled327-20221103225234.png
IM SCARED TO GET CLOSE AND I HATE BEING ALONE
I LONG FOR THE FEELING TO NOT FEEL AT ALL
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

OOC-this is late but its happening because these two need some type of closure and to have things end (for now)on a positive note!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

It felt surreal, all of it. If there was one cat he would have expected to follow Sootstar right to the very end, it was his mentor. That unshakeable loyalty had been what first manifested respect in him for the spotted shecat, because very little meant more to Coldsnap than true loyalty, a concept he wasn't even sure existed in todays day and age.

Who would have thought that after Honeytwist and Emberfang, it would be Hyacinth that found herself exiled?

It should have enraged Coldsnap, should have iced him over in cold fire that made him hate her, just as he'd hated her that night she'd refused to give him the answers he needed, as he'd hated himself for negelecting Rosepaw and turning away from Leech and Dandelionlion after his death.

But there was no anger.

His mind wasn't buzzing with rage or animosity, his muscles weren't tense with barely bridled hostility. There was no confusion or panic, no rushing of blood in his ears or taste of copper on his tongue.

Instead, he was shockingly steady.

For the first time in a long, long time, Coldsnaps mind felt clear. It was like things had suddenly snapped into focus for him and now, finally the edges didn't blur together into one chaotic mess he couldn't decipher.

He could see.

Sootstar wouldn't let them all accompany her to the border, but Coldsnap fell into step beside her as she made her way slowly across camp, steps unrushed and meandering, giving them a moment of privacy as Jaggedoak continued on a few strides ahead. Coldsnap might not be able to go with her to the border, but Sootstar hadn't confined him to camp, either.

He'd go as far as Hyacinth let him.

"I'll look after things here." he said, finally breaking the gentle silence that had washed over them, and while his voice was steady, there was a softness to it that did not often make its home there. "Moonshadow and the kits. Yew. Coalfoot. Dandelionwish; I'll keep them safe until you can come back home."

If it took a month, if it took ten years, Coldsnap would make sure he kept them alive for her so that when the day came that she could return, they'd be there waiting to welcome her back. Even if he had to cross half the damn world to find her and drag her back to them. "Just, don't forget who you are, out there, okay? Your Hyacinthbreath, a Windclan cat. And the second Sootstars gone, these hills and everyone in them are going to welcome you back."

Wherever she went, whatever she did, she had to come back to them. Windclan needed her, needed cats that cared enough to protect it. In her absence he would try his best to fill that empty spot, but they all knew that it wasn't something any single cat could accomplish on their own. Still, he'd fight for it. Now that he could see it, nothing would get in his way.

@hyacinthbreath

windclan warrior - male - 12 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow eyes

justify]

ab67616d00001e02dab7f2a301c34bb398175b8a
♚ She'd raised Coldsnap into a proper Warrior, but had slacked on the emotional vulnerability part of being a mortal cat. One couldn't survive with no supporters, no friends- Coldsnap would have a miserable life if he didn't open up to others. She knew Coldsnap would follow her to the end of the Earth if she needed him to, but she didn't need that right now. This right here, the moors- WindClan, that was what mattered most.

"I won't be far." Hyacinthbreath exhales a shaky breath, still not used to the chilliness in her bones even after she's lived for so long. It hasn't been forever, but she's a bit older than most of the cats in this Clan. It made her feel like she needed to be on her best game constantly. Respect went a long way, she believed- but she wanted trust, too.

Just, don't forget who you are, out there, okay? Your Hyacinthbreath, a Windclan cat. And the second Sootstars gone, these hills and everyone in them are going to welcome you back.

A soft sigh leaves the womans lips, the silvery molly leaning in to bump her head against Coldsnap's own. "Coalfoot.. He faints sometimes. Just, keep 'em from hitting his head on something when he falls over. And.. And Peri, he's weak to illness- so.. So.." She looks down at her paws, reluctance in her step. Jaggedoak was further ahead, the others had left. Hyacinth sweeps her tail over Coldsnap's spine, leading him through the heather tunnel.

"..And take care of yourself, too." She mutters, worriedly. "I will never forget that I am WindClan, completely. I only hope that I will truly be welcomed back. Just.. Don't get yourself exiled, got it, kid?"

❝ there are wounds inside me, gaping holes of disconnect.
can you drown inside your own body? can you suffocate within this mind? ❞
dasj6kh-fcc362f4-4eae-4ea0-ab51-566d06091b70.png

Untitled327-20221103225234.png
IM SCARED TO GET CLOSE AND I HATE BEING ALONE
I LONG FOR THE FEELING TO NOT FEEL AT ALL
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

OOC-this is late but its happening because these two need some type of closure and to have things end (for now)on a positive note!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

In ways, Hyacinthbreath would never stop teaching him, and it was only now, older and wiser, that Coldsnap could understand that she was still learning herself. While the lessons she'd taught him were detrimental to him at this point, there was an understanding now that he could not remain rigid in this place of ever shifting motion if he wished to remain in one piece. He had to learn to be flexible, to loosen his hold on the doors he was holding so tightly shut, to open up.

He stiffened as she leaned over to press their heads together, his body still slow to catch up with his heart. After a beat or two though, he leaned into the touch ever so slightly. This was okay. He trusted Hyacinth. She was.. she was family.

The admittence caught him off guard, but he didn't double back on it and try to deny it. It was the truth. She was the closest fucking thing he'd ever had to someone who gave a shit. And maybe it was only because she'd been forced into it by Sootstar pairing them together, but somewhere along the lines a bond had started forming that Coldsnap couldn't pretend wasn't there.

Fuck, he was going to miss her.

"Coalfoot.. He faints sometimes. Just, keep 'em from hitting his head on something when he falls over. And.. And Peri, he's weak to illness- so.. So.."

Coldsnap nodded softly, the gesture uncharisteristically obedient, but he found himself unable to deny her the requests. He would have done it even without her speaking the words aloud, because at the end of the day he owed her everything. And maybe it was that sentiment, or maybe he was just fucking sad, but he didn't feel the usual wave of nausuea that hit him at being touched. The gesture made something in his chest twist painfully, a knife not being lodged within it, but drawn out instead. He wished they would all come out, that he could have been the apprentice she deserved, that he could be a warrior that was deserving of Windclan.

"..And take care of yourself, too. I will never forget that I am WindClan, completely. I only hope that I will truly be welcomed back. Just.. Don't get yourself exiled, got it, kid?"

"I won't. Somebodys got to keep this place standing while your away." he replied with a smirk, yellow gaze flashing sideways to meet with purple. "And you will be. Sootstar can't lead forever. One way or another, Dandelionwish and I will make sure this clan ends up with a Leader deserving of Windclan."

He knew the healer was seen as soft by many, but Coldsnap would make no such mistake. He's seen the fury in the other toms eyes when Sootstar had blinded her own clanmates, had seen the pain and determination that raged beneath the surface.

If Sootstar wanted to pretend to be star in the sky, then Dandelionwish was the sun, shining brighter than any of them, all fire and brimstone beneath that gentle, glowing warmth. If there was one cat in the world he trusted to bring forth a reckoning onto Sootstar, it was their Medicine Cat.

And Coldsnap would be right there with him, happily watching him burn whatever stood between him and the happiness of his clan.

"Thank you."

The words came abruptly from the silence that had settled between them as he slipped through the tunnel with her. They didn't have much time left, and even if he'd promised they'd meet again, it still felt wrong to say nothing.

Still felt like goodbye.

"I'm a better cat than I was when I first left the marshes with Sootstar, and that's because of you. I.." the words found themselves stuck in his throat, his body still intent on fighting for what it deemed self-preservation. But he wouldn't let it win this time. He couldn't.

"I'm gonna fucking miss you, Hyacinth."

windclan warrior - male - 12 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow eyes

justify]