i'll tell you about monsters - [open - lying to kits]

QUILLSTRIKE

astronaut in the ocean
Aug 7, 2022
QUILLSTRIKE-1.png

I FEEL LIKE AN ASTRONAUT IN THE OCEAN

"Why is your fur so ugly?"

A small kit was staring up at him with a critical look in they're eye, to which Quill responded by simply staring down at them with a blank expression.

"The colors are all smushed together- it makes you look weird."

These kinds of comments were nothing new to the chimera. He knew he didn't look like most cats. He was neither a grey tabby nor ghost-black tabby, but an awkward mixture of both that left his otherwise off-black fur interrupted by random patches of gray. You'd expect to see a patchy coat like his on a calico, but alas there were no calico colors to normalize his markings, just thick, black tabby striped that ran along his tall, lean form.

"That's cuz when I was still a kit in my moms belly, I ate my brother." he replied in his bored, monotone voice.

And while Quillpaw delivered the words with a completely serious tone and not a single shift in his expression, it was difficult for the apprentice not to crack a smile at the absolutely horrified look that overtook the small ginger toms expression. Still, he managed not to break.

"No you didn't! That's not possible" he squeaked in protest, fluffing up with a frown.

"No? Check out my eyes. The blue ones mine, but the amber one was his." Quill replied, leaning down a bit to let the kit get a good look at him.

"T-Thats...Your just trying to s-scare me!" the kit growled, but the shuffling steps backwards and the uncertain look in their eyes as they gave the apprentice another once over told Quill he'd succeeded in messing with them.

"Believe what you want. Doesn't matter to me." the older tabby responded with a casual shrug. "Your the one who asked."

The ginger kit spared him one last glance before muttering, "I have to go.."and scampering off, and it was only once they were out of sight that Quill let the corner of his lips quirk upward into an amused smirk.

Kids were so dumb.

skyclan - male - 6 months - bisexual - homoromantic - single - very tall tabby tomcat with broad shoulders

Last edited:

Quillpaw was yet another new face that Redstorm was unfamiliar with. If you asked him, Blazestar had too much of a bleeding heart. But he also supposes that if his father had been alive, he would've acted the same. Comparing Blazestar and Rain almost makes him hurl so he immediately stops that train of thought and flicks his ears, listening from a short distance away as Quillpaw talked to another young cat, one even younger than the black-striped tom himself.

He watches the kit run off, distressed, with a slight frown and he lets out a huff through his nose. "Anyone ever teach you that scarin' kits 'aint nice?" he asks, narrowing his eyes at the younger cat. If it had been him, Rain would've given him a sharp cuff around the ears, and told him to mind his manners. Had Quillpaws parents really failed him in such a way? Inwardly, he swears to himself that his own children, should he have them, never show such insolent behavior.

Tallulah is no mother. She'd seen her fair share of kits born and raised on the farm, and she'd even given her fair share of horsey rides to them. But if there's one thing she's learned, she'd like to think it's that kits are just little cats. Not as fragile as the warriors here seem to think.

She tilts her head at Redstorm and says, laughter rich and laced with sarcasm, "If that little boy knows how to call someone ugly, he should know about twins eatin' each other in the womb." Her whiskers quiver as she gives Quillpaw a look. "How'd he taste, darlin'?"

PENNED BY MARQUETTE

Snowkit was very observant, he was a kitten who had a surprising amount of maturity and critical thinking and he liked to listen to the older cats talk and try to understand them. Quailpaw's words may have been a nasty lie to scare off a rude kitten, but he only really approached in time to hear the reasoning for his mismatched gaze. What he was hearing here was him being so good at seeing...was why Violetkit couldn't see at all. He'd taken her eyes.
The gray kitten paused in plodding along to stay down at his paws in silent horror.
He was a monster. What had he done?!
He sat down right where he was walking unceremoniously behind the cats chatting and began to sniffle.

• Haha
Reactions: Marquette
QUILLSTRIKE-1.png

I FEEL LIKE AN ASTRONAUT IN THE OCEAN

"Anyone ever teach you that scarin' kits 'aint nice?"

The frown returned to his lips as he turned to meet the gaze of some tomcat. Blue eyes regarded them blankly, something that looked vaguely like irritation swimming within. Leave it to a total stranger to not only butt in where they weren't wanted, but to take the side of the cat who'd started it all.

Before he had a chance to reply however, another was stepping in to defend him. It was... unusual, for him to have an adult speak up on his behalf like this, and he wasn't really sure how to take it. But Tallula wasn't wrong- not in Quills opinion, at least. If that kid was allowed to say whatever the hell they wanted and get away with it, then Quill would be damned if he was going to be scolded by some bias tomcat for giving the kid a taste of their own medicine.

"Like fresh-caught squirrel." the tabby replied, mismatched gaze shifting from Tallulah to land on Red with their usual cold, blank stare.

Of course, he had no idea what another cat actually tasted like, but he was fine equating them to something delicious if it fucked with this guy or pissed him off. Quill didn't like being interfered with, especially by adults who didn't know shit about him.

"I'm Quillpaw. Who are you?" he asked, blue and gold eyes flicking back to the shecat, and despite the bluntness of his one there seemed to be an inkling of genuine curiosity behind them. He didn't know most of the Skyclanners and this shecat in particular was one he didn't think he'd seen around in camp too much. And since she had an interesting sense of humor, Quill was willing to make an exception for her.

The sound of sniffling, while drawing his attention, didn't prompt much of a response from him other than vague curiosity.

OOC- I am SO sorry he's a jerk lol, I honestly love Redstorm <3

skyclan - male - 6 months - bisexual - homoromantic - single - very tall tabby tomcat with broad shoulders

Last edited:
Violetkit overhears it; a denmate, an acquaintance to her at best, telling someone else that they're ugly. The colors are smushed together, they say. Violetkit huffs, and for a heartbeat, she's going to ignore it. She has no place in this conversation of visual beauty, does she? She could tell others what sounds she finds melodic, what smells she enjoys to surround herself with, what tastes she savors. But she could not see, her world veiled by a nothingness that she's always known. And she doesn't mind it, not until others are treating her differently because of it.

But her attention is garnered once more by the response of who she presumes the kit had been speaking to. He claims that he'd eaten his sibling in his mother's belly, and Violetkit makes a face. Eat them? How'd he do that?

The other kit, unsurprisingly, takes off crying to their mother. Two warriors chime in, then, one scolding the adolescent for scaring the kit and the other inquiring about the taste. Curiously, Quillpaw replies that they tasted like a squirrel. "How do you remember?" Violetkit asks, tilting her head towards the direction of Quillpaw's voice. She couldn't remember being in her mother's belly; she couldn't even remember most of her first moon of life. She cannot fathom how Quillpaw could ever remember that.

Maybe he has a better memory than her?

The sniffling of a littermate nearby brings her to her paws, leaving the sunny patch she'd been basking in to brush whiskers against... Snowkit, she realizes as she breathes in his familiar scent. "Why are you crying?" Snowkit only ever cries when something is wrong.