no angst im a real live wire .. GREAT HUNT

May 16, 2023

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Otterpaw could have mistaken he was experiencing a heart attack when he felt his claws hook through scales. The pressure from the weight on his shoulder shot his heart against his ribs in a strike of adrenaline and all at once a dace has breached the waters surface, and sent flopping onto the shore. In his excitement, Otterpaw was already trying to prance around and show off his catch before finishing it off and he's sent nearly off his paws as it thrashed and flopped in his jaws.

Right, he's supposed to kill this thing. So he does, but it's a little bit messier than a skilled paw. It didn't stop him from bursting in prideful joy as he returned to camp shouting with his mouth full. He's certainly not being humble about it.

Before depositing the dace into the fresh-kill pile, Otterpaw does his own little dance. His paws carrying him in a short circle before resting it on top of the other prey. "HA! Who's worried I can't hunt now?" He turned to face his mentor with a smirk. "That just goes to show I can do anything, no need to worry about me anymore. I'm basically ready to be a warrior already!"

// a little thread for otters first nat20 on a hunting roll!

• dfsd2th-f2745379-ea2b-430c-9d09-105118344451-1.png
  • OTTERPAW he/him, apprentice of riverclan, eleven moons.
    scruffy blue/black chimera with white undercarriage and green eyes. noticeable kinked whiskers
    adopted son to pikesplash // apprentice to coyotecreek
    peaceful and healing powerplay requires permission / / underline and tag when attacking or making an action toward
    see battle info here
    penned by beataegonkpilled on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

-ˋˏ ˎˊ- carawaypaw's pale tongue slowly dragged through silver banded fur. it was nothing short of a mess, but in due time she had combed through it all, returned to a smooth and silken texture. green eyes flicked up as otterpaw paraded into camp, shouting unintelligible words through the limp body of a dace.

she grinned softly at his prideful display, circling the freshkill pile before settling the prey at the very top. she could almost laugh at the performance, it certainly was amusing. especially when he narrowed in on his mentor to bestow a triumphant speech and a winning smirk. carawaypaw stood and treaded near the pile for a closer look at the kill.

"it's a nice one too," she comments approvingly, pulling forward on her front legs to stretch hips that had been idle for too long. "maybe smokestar'll name you 'otterfish' after this grand occasion." she prodded lightly, but nonetheless her tone was supportive. a win for otterpaw was a win for riverclan, it was good to see during these cold moons.

• CARAWAYPAW she/her, apprentice of riverclan, six ☾'s
    carawaypaw is a pretty longhaired silver tabby with green eyes and a long, lithe frame. born into riverclan, she loves her home and has a deep rooted desire to defend it.
    willowroot x poppysplash ↛ sister to bumblepaw, tidepaw, mosspool, and hazewish
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

I'VE LEARNED LOVE IS LIKE A BRICK — With how much negative had been rained down upon the whole of Riverclan as of late, it was honestly a joy to see someone so clearly happy and proud of themselves. Even if Otterpaw's celebration had been a little much, Swiftfire found that she couldn't be particularly displeased with him. He had actually brought in a huge piece of prey during the leafbare season, one that would no doubt feed plenty of hungry maws even in the middle of the frigid weather. That alone was enough to put a bounce in her own step as she approached, her little "dance" causing her to jump back and forth from paw to paw. "That's great, Otterpaw! That thing looks like it must've put up quite the fight." She ran one snow white paw over the side of the beast's glimmering scales, another approving purr leaving her.

As she heard Carawaypaw's teasing name suggestion, Swiftfire couldn't help the unimpressed look that flashed over her face. She really didn't mind the Riverclan style of names - and she certainly wasn't as attached to her old name as some former colonists were - but Otterfish? It certainly wasn't as impressive as Swiftfire, or Iciclefang, or Catfishleap. "I think I would've been much more upset about my renaming if Smokestar had called me something like Otterfish. Maybe Otterdace...? Actually no, that doesn't really sound much better." She was sure Smokestar would have a perfect name in mind once it came time for Otterpaw to receive his full warrior name, but it was a shame none of the options related to this seemed particularly striking. Maybe a more literal name would be better, like Otterclaw.

• 76635829_9N4qhCxavM25hPX.png
    shorthaired blue and red tabby chimera molly with green eyes
    38 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; currently not looking
    daughter of lilou and germaine
    formerly of the ripple colony; loyal to riverclan
    easy to befriend; desperate to improve the former colonists' reputation
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed