camp I'm begging you [ failed hunting patrol ]

Flamewhisker I'll sleep when I'm dead

Empty jaws padded into the camp. Green eyes dull with disappointment, the warrior would pad towards the warriors den with a slightly lowered head. Only a single member on her patrol had managed to catch something, and it was a measly mouse. She wasn't used to this...where had the prey gone? Last leaf-bare wasn't like this, was it? Her mother had always come home with something, or at least that's what she remembered. She had been worried that maybe something was wrong with her nose, but when she met up with her other patrol members and saw they too were empty pawed...well, she knew it wasn't just her.

The sun was already starting to set by the time they had returned. Their patrol had lasted longer than it was supposed to, and they had nothing to show for it. Her clanmates would be disappointed in her...Living in a clan didn't just mean that one cat was going to sleep hungry...multiple were.

//
anyone can play a patrol member!

The tabby's eyes are resting on the dwindling fresh-kill pile from where she lies near the warrior's den. Her tail-tip twitches back and forth nervously. Like her, many warriors are eyeing the tiny mound of mice. Most of them will go to their nests hungry tonight. Leaf-bare is hard, she's always known that. But in a clan? Stars, she never imagined this.

There's movement at the camp entrance and Howling Wind gets to her paws, ears pricking with hope. Flamewhisker pads into the ravine, her patrol in tow. Lit eyes travel over the group before landing on one tiny mouse, and her face visibly falls. If the lead warrior meets her gaze, she'd exchange a knowing, sorrowful look. And when the ginger tabby grows closer, the deputy moves to intercept her, murmuring, "Were there fresh trails, at least?" Her voice holds a bit of hope as her eyes search the she-cat's face.

Lone mouse in his jaws, Trufflepelt's head hung low, though his disappointment did not show quite as powerfully in his eyes as everyone else's. It was not because the solitary catch had been his own; no, it was his optimism that spurred him. Suffering swelled, but that pain was intentional- the Stars knew it. One way or another they were being blessed. Should they go too hungry, he would let them join the stars- and should they eat, their pain would be over. He would miss many, should they retire to the spangled hunting-grounds... but the Truth of suffering was that it was what lead them to happiness. They would thrive again, one way or another.

"Some. More were stale." That he found, at least. For all he could not speak. This mouse would at least feed a kitten. "I truly believe StarClan shall bless us soon. They shall relieve us." Earnestness gilded his tone, flowed floral from it. What could he do but tell his truth?
( PENNED BY PIN )

dfkfdmq-ba5e648e-3fdd-4ae2-b8cc-39432d739976.gif
Ragwortkit's belly was rumbling and growling. The child was use to almost constantly eating, mouse in the morning, some squirrel at lunch, a bird or a shrew at night- yet now she was cut down to nearly one meal a day. It was something she wasn't use to, nor was her body and she cannot help but be frustrated when she sees that the hunting patrol has brought nothing back. Ragwortkit is young and has never had to hunt before, she doesn't know what a challenge it could be... especially during this time of year with so many cats to feed.

Padding over she cannot help but express her frustrations with a childish whine, "But I'm hungry!"

unknown.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,

· RAGWORTKIT, female — she / her

╰ ‣ named for her health & strength at birth .

╰ ‣ 4 moons . ages on the ??

╰ ‣ thunderclan kit . loner born . believes in starclan

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,

· DOMESTIC FELINE, oak and maple trees , status — 100%

╰ ‣ blue furred . long-hared . a very furry head, chest, and tail

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,

· ESTJ-A ❝

EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Hufflepuff, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Kind-hearted . Honest . Loud .Justice-seeking . People-pleaser . Gullible . Empty-headed . Humorous
╰ ‣ Though she is all brawn and no brain, Ragwort tries her best and carries a bleeding heart to all whom surround her. She takes the role of "big sister" with her siblings and friends, never failing to have their backs, take care of them, and defend them when needed (sometimes even jumping the gun). While she doesn't offer the best emotional support (not due to a lack of trying) she gives the best hugs and is great at giving cats distractions with her shenanigans.
╰ ‣ finds minimal difficulty relating to others . wears a bleeding heart

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· GRIME x CINDERFROST, sister to toadkit, prowlingkit, hollykit
╰ ‣ unknown sexuality.
╰ ‣ poor fighter . poor hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

THIS WEIGHT ON MY NECK MAKES IT HARD TO CONNECT

He sloped in Howling Wind's shadow, his shorter stature keeping him firmly behind her. The cold weather had stunted his own hunting efforts of late, so Flamewhisker's patrol's lack of prey was no surprise. It was a shame though... there were so many mouths to feed. Sloepaw had never gone hungry before. He knew it was going to happen, he had listened to all the stories. Endeavoured to face leafbare with patience and stoicism, the tom still struggled not to grumble at sunrise when the prey pile was empty.

"It's tough out there." The apprentice added unhelpfully, the proper kindnesses hard to muster. At Trufflepelt's insistence on Starclan's blessings, Sloepaw could only blink dully. Maybe they would.

His blunt tail wobbled with discomfort when Ragwortkit expressed her hunger. It was all very well keeping his own feelings in check, but hearing one so young complain made their situation all the more oppressive. "Don't worry we'll, another group of us'll go out in a bit." An amber eye glazed to gauge his mentor's thoughts before it fell on the kit. Sloepaw tried to smile confidently, "Maybe the prey needs to wake up like the rest of us."

Trufflepelt's confirmation causes her head to dip in defeat. Brow furrowed, her eyes search the ground and a "Hm," is her only response to his insistence. StarClan will bless them, he says. And though she wishes she could believe it, she doesn't think their friends in the sky have any power over which way a mouse scurries. A small voice pipes up and Howling Wind shifts her gaze to see young Ragwortkit. She complains of her hunger and the tabby's frown only deepens. Before she can say anything, her apprentice speaks. She looks to him, meets his gaze and after a pause, nods. "That's right, we're actually going out right now," She trills, gaze returning to the she-kit. She touched her tail gently to her shoulder. "Why don't you go play? We'll bring you food as soon as it runs into our paws."

Flamewhisker I'll sleep when I'm dead

She spots the deputy gazing at her, and after a few moments of hesitation she finally meets the brown tabby's gaze. The fear of seeing disappointment in Howling Wind's gaze was almost too much, but all she sees is sorrow. "There were...some." an understatement "Mostly bird prints...I think they are looking for food too." The mouse had been quite hard to catch. Much harder than green leaf mice...maybe it was from weakened muscles.

Ragwortkit's hungry cry breaks her heart. If they didn't find something, then the kits would go another hungry night. She shook her head determinedly. "I'll go out again with you." she said firmly, shaking the snow off her pelt. There was no way she could sleep without helping catch something. It wasn't just her anymore...she was responsible for feeding the old and young, and by the stars she was going to.