private i'm not at the end of it } claypaw

Jan 7, 2024
I'VE LEARNED LOVE IS LIKE A BRICK — Oftentimes, it felt like the former members of the Ripple Colony had no one to turn to except for each other. That wasn't strictly true, of course, considering there were still plenty of Riverclanners that separated them from the actions of Deacon and Sasha, and could consider them clanmates and even friends without issue. Still, there was something unique about having once lived alongside someone in the colony, and it was easy for Swiftfire to find herself drawn to familiar faces. Particularly the youngest among them, considering they had gone through the most drastic change of their lives not all that long ago. Swiftfire couldn't imagine how she would be feeling if she was merely a kit or an apprentice, struggling to find herself while also adjusting to an entirely new home. A new environment that wasn't always wholly friendly thanks to the actions of others.

That was why she had found herself drawn over to Claypaw that evening, a surprisingly plump shrew clutched in her jaws as she approached. She laid next to the apprentice without much fanfare, pushing the piece of prey over to her with a smile. "Claypaw. Any interest in sharing tonight? I got lucky with a catch after everyone was fed." As she waited for an answer she let her attention drift upwards, staring up at the slowly darkening skies and the pale outlines of the stars coming into shape. It was still hard for her to believe there was a whole clan up there watching over them, especially with all that had happened recently. "How've you been adjusting? To Riverclan, I mean. I know things have been hard lately. At least they have been for me." The admission was accompanied by her resting her chin atop her paws, wincing as she thought of all the gossip and glares that flashed in her mind. Swiftfire hoped such looks were merely saved for full warriors such as herself, but had a feeling that wasn't the case.

// @claypaw

• 76635829_9N4qhCxavM25hPX.png
    shorthaired blue and red tabby chimera molly with green eyes
    38 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; currently not looking
    daughter of lilou and germaine
    formerly of the ripple colony; loyal to riverclan
    easy to befriend; desperate to improve the former colonists' reputation
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Claypaw's nose twitched at the scent of prey as it drifted closer, Swiftfire's scent upon it. Mismatched golden eyes lifted and turned towards the approaching warrior, relaxing minutely against the frozen ground. The other ex-colony member did not give Claypaw a chance to deny companionship, so she remained curiously quiet as the shrew was pushed towards her. Ear twitched, a paw swiping over her head one more time before she leaned forward, tearing a piece of food off of the shew. "... It's a good catch." Claypaw murmured.

As she chewed, vision shifted towards Swiftfire, then up towards the darkening sky. Claypaw herself did not truly believe in this... Starclan that they had spoken upon. She had no choice then to start believing, though. Smokestar hadn't remained dead when he returned from being murdered. Ear twitched as if it could rid her mind of it, leaning her head back down to take another piece of the shrew and pass the body back towards the older.

"Things have been easier." Claypaw admitted, picking meat off of bone. "Asphodelpaw started a fight or two. One with Wavepaw. I put an end to it." Well, that wasn't entirely true- she had put an end to Asphodelpaw's attack upon Wavepaw and redirected his fury to herself. Something she much preferred to the rabble that had begun. Beepaw's scathing look, Lichentail's silent reminder- she sighed quietly, attempting to rid herself of the tenseness that had settled back into her bones. "Anything specific with you?" Claypaw murmured in question.
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:
    "yuh"

• a large, lh chocolate torbie towering, nine moons old, she/her. well-build and muscled. a drypaw. former river colony cat.