private I'm not scared of the dark ⚜ Chilledstar

Duckshimmer

I'd let the world burn for you
Jan 17, 2024
*+:。.。 Duckshimmer didn't know when she'd become so comfortable in Chilledstar's den, but here she was. She recalled a time, not so long ago, when entering her leader's den had felt like a form of trespassing. Now, she slipped in quietly without hesitance, padding her way close to curl around her slumbering leader. Her thoughts still swam of their recent death and her inability to assist. Was this what it was like to...to care about a leader? Watching them die, over and over again? Duckshimmer sighed, wrapping her tail around the ebony form and grooming their ears with gentle sweeps of her tongue. Duckshimmer's cheek still tingles from Chilledstar's kiss. It wasn't anything spectacular and yet, for Duckshimmer, it was the first taste of sunshine in a long, dreary winter. She wonders...if she's able to bring some of that warmth into Chillesdtar's life, too.

• GENERAL:
    Duckshimmer
    DFAB— She/Her — Bisexual
    33 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Mother to Singepaw, Swallowpaw and Sneezepaw
    Shadowclan — Warrior

COMBAT:
    Physically medium | mentally hard
    Attack in bold #ffa98f
    injuries: None currently

they cannot say that they expected to be woken up like this. the gesture is so kind and soft and she likely didn't even mean to wake them with what she's doing but she does. they stir and jolt for a second, trying to get their bearings about themself before they let out a breath, moving to press against duckshimmer and taking in her scent.

"hi."

is all they offer for the moment. they're trying to just take in this moment. the kind softness thst comes from being awoken by this woman. they're smitten to say the least. a few more minutes, they think, before they move to start and groom at duckshimmer's fur. she's always so well kept so it seems like a bit of a moot point but they still do it anyways.

"are you alright? it's late. you should probably be sleeping, love."

———————---***i try to live in black and white***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    47 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

*+:。.。 Duckshimmer isn't apologetic when Chilledstar awakens at their touch. She's a woman of passion, after all, she rarely hesitates to take what she wants. More nights than she can count, she invites herself into others' nests with a honied tongue and a well-timed giggle, a warm night for the low low price of entertaining some lonely sap.
This is no different; she's free of the usual nervous embarrassment typically seen in freshly courted cats. Even so, pressing her nose into Chilledstar's pine forest-perfumed fur. An image comes to mind of dark midnight woods interrupted only by a clawed streak of brilliantly silver, almost white, moonlight. Duckshimmer never feared the night before, but tonight she wonders how brave she'd be to walk that eerie path alone. Was it cowardly of her to long for Chilledstar's company if she were in such a dangerous place? Would they even agree to join her if she asked?
Perhaps they were already there.

She lifts her head when they startle beneath her touch. She suddenly questions the morality of her choice to take over this space that was once Chilledstar's alone and forms an apology on her lips. Chilledstar relaxes before she can speak. With Chilledstar melting into her embrace, so too do her doubts dissipate into the warm walls that surround the pair. Still, Duckshimmer does meow out a quiet, "I shouldn't have woken you." An apology, but one reluctant to relinquish her entitlement to Chilledstar's time.
It's odd to recall how, only a few weeks ago, she'd been questioning whether or not she had any right to consider herself a friend to one so far out of her reach. Now, here she was, being called love, and left to shiver in the wake of such a breathtaking title. She's been called that before, by many cats, a fact she uses in an attempt to calm her racing heart. She doesn't know why it's not the same though. In only a few weeks, so much has changed...she wonders how much different she'll feel after a few more.
Duckshimmer presses her muzzle deeper into that pine-scented darkness as Chilledstar shifts to groom her pelt instead. "I plan on sleeping, quite comfortably in fact" she meows, shifting her cheek to peer at them, the implication clear in her periwinkle hues "if that's alright"

• GENERAL:
    Duckshimmer
    DFAB— She/Her — Bisexual
    Shadowclan — Warrior

COMBAT:
    Attack in bold #ffa98f

"it is indeed quite alright."

they hum, getting one tangle out of her fur that she cannot reach herself. otherwise, her pelt is pristine. there is nothing wrong with it. but there's something wrong with duckshimmer, isn't there? why else would she be in here, waking them? they take a moment before adjusting themself so that they can see her fully. she shimmers, like her name suggests, in the bits of moonlight that twinkle into their den. they close their eye for a moment, taking in a quick yet deep breath. they brush their tail over hers, tilting their head as they open their eye and take in her beauty fully.

"something seems to trouble you. do you wish to talk about it before you sleep in my nest?"

a small jest. they don't mind her being here. but they're worried about it.

"you don't have to but I will listen."

———————---***i try to live in black and white***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    47 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

*+:。.。 Duckshimmer feels her eyelids growing heavy, but she quickly blinks them back open like any proper sentinel. It helps that she's happy to admire Chilledstar's obsidian fur, warm against her cheek as she presses against it. She isn't surprised to hear the concern in Chilledstar's gentle voice, always the altruistic type. "Must there be a problem? Can't I simply long for your company?" she asks, her voice velvet as she cranes her neck gracefully to peer at them. Her gaze lingers upon theirs, leaving her suddenly incapable of pulling away. For a cat once titled 'Chilledgaze', all Duckshimmer can focus on is how warm they are.
She feels suddenly so very small again. A wholly uncomfortable, detestable feeling, one that often leads her to either double down on her false confidence or politely find an exit. Instead, she maintains Chilledstar's gaze, letting her mind wander to dark paths and flower fields; cold weather, and cozy nests. "I..." she begins, pauses, then smiles softly. There are so many things she wishes to talk to Chilledstar about. Geckoscreech. Their lives, what has transpired in the longer-lived ones and the shorter ones. Promises and wishes, a path to weave into the future. Stepping stones in the form of questions, answers in embraces.
But there's time for all of that, later.
For now, Duckshimmer only presses against Chilledstar, and thinks about how warm it feels to be beside them.
"When I am with you, nothing troubles me" she promises. This time, she allows herself to close her eyes.

• GENERAL:
    Duckshimmer
    DFAB— She/Her — Bisexual
    Shadowclan — Warrior

COMBAT:
    Attack in bold #ffa98f