camp im on the case // snoozing on the job

PLAY US LIKE PAWNS AND RELENTLESSLY CONFINE INTO LIVING UP TO GENDER ROLES AND HAVING ABSENT MINDS
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
periwinklebreeze 22 moons demi-boy windclan queen
80385610_1aJjxOOwFnQo0PE.png
The first days of Peris new life as windclans first tomcat queen is... interesting. There are less of them now then before, and yet his family alone is still so terribly large - nine bundles of fur, thirty... thirty six troublesome little paws waiting to get into mischeif. And thats not counting the others - or stars, mintshades brand new brood. Honestly, hes just so tired, and its nothing to do with the kits... or at least not just them. The sun creeps overhead, and it seems at last the exhaustion that has been creeping in for days- weeks ever since the fire- has finally come to a head.

Eyes turn glassy, the tom struggling valiantly where he sits slouched, kittens fussing about nearby. Head dips and sags, only to snag upwards with a jerk - blue eyes blink, staring at the kits. And then it slips again, eyelids drooping. But he fights it - he has to stay awake fater all, hes a good dad and a good warrior and he'll be damned if hes not a good queen too...

But the struggle is futule - head falls at last with a pathetic thunk against the ground, drawing eyes to the figure that is now slumped quite ungracefully at nurseries entrace, softly snoring away. Poor periwinklebreezeis out like a light.
actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
Don't you think it's funny how they tell us how to live?​
Don't you think it's funny how we're all delinquent kids?​

It's never a soothing sight to see a fellow Clanmate falling over, face first into the sand. Dimmingsun hurries to the collapsed form of Periwinklebreeze, and just out of pure instinct, ghosts a large paw over their flank to make certain of any breathing. It's shallow, but not in the way that would raise alarm- no, it's rhythmic, and if he listens closely, he catches light snoring.

A chuckle resounds. "That's the fastest way I've seen anyone fall asleep." Perhaps calling it falling asleep is more fitting than ever... he did fall, quite literally. Dimmingsun makes sure the sleeping lead is not in anybody's immediate way, lest they trip over them.

"We should probably just let him nap," he suggests to the next cat who approaches, whiskers twitching with amusement but eyes sparkling with empathy for the tired Periwinklebreeze. Being a lead warrior is no easy, and he imagines a queen has it even harder; the former has the privilege of those under him with common sense (hopefully), but the latter has to herd little bundles of excitement and endless curiosity.

Bilberrykit sits as a perfect facsimile before Periwinklebreeze, if not in physical appearance then in posture. It is a fun game, doing as Periwinklebreeze does—curling towards the ground as if pulled by a physical force and then righting himself with a jerk. When Periwinklebreeze loses the battle with a soft thump, Bilberrykit breaks into tittering giggles, “He’s being so silly!

There is an empty space at Periwinklebreeze’s side that Bilberrykit curls into with the same closeness as a lichen to a stone. The motion is bodily and familiar.

To Dimmingsun, Bilberrykit perks, “He doesn’t know you’re supposed to lay all the way down before you go to sleep! If you don’t do that your head falls over,” He pauses to yawn and rest his head against the pillow of Periwinklebreeze’s shoulder—proximity has infected him with his father’s own tiredness, “But we can tell him that when he’s all the way awake.
📱on mobile! | windclan kit | black and white harlequin | three moons | tags

He had not intended to stumble across a moment of softness. His gaze is a tumbling landslide, coming down hard to crush the sleeping form of his lead warrior. A warrior who does not flinch away from his attention. Out like a light. The fastest he has seen, Dimmingsun comments, and that is an old memory. From a time of snow and bloodied claws, leaning against Ellisif's shoulder as the both of them dozed. They were prepared to leap at any moment, never fully on peaceful lands. Yet Periwinklebreeze need not worry about this. Their camp, despite the ravaged land outside, is safe and clean. Their kittens are suitably fed. He can stand here and watch the tom rest and — he does not feel the urge to scold him for laziness. Not even for an instant.

The withering loss of his rage is bizarre and unsettling. He nearly smiles. Instead, Sunstar settles solemnly on watch, where Bilberrykit rests against the warrior's side and his own is bared to the soothing heat. Soon it will become unbearable. For now, at least, it takes the ache from his limbs. "I am certain he will appreciate your knowledge on napping," he tells Bilberrykit with certainty. "He has said his kits are the best nappers of the clan, but I've yet to see it. Perhaps you would show me?"
EpC61GT.png

• OOC. odd thing to say in an ooc note but one time when i was little, my dad worked nights but had to take care of me during the day. he couldn't keep his eyes open and ended up falling asleep in front of the door to my room, on the inside with me ofc, so that i couldn't get into any trouble. poor peri lol.
  • Iw56kmg.png
    SUNSTAR. WINDCLAN LEADER. 
    ——– AMAB HE - HIM - HIS ╱╱ 4+ YEARS OLD.
    NPC x NPC,. MATE TO WOLFSONG; FATHER TO ONE LITTER WITH HIM. MENTORING NOBODY.

TH ╱╱ A LARGE, SCARRED CHOCOLATE AND WHITE ROSETTE TABBY TOM WITH SEAGLASS EYES

• Love
Reactions: cottonsprig