pafp I'm trapped in this caccoon - medicine den chatter

tigerwing

oh look, a squirrel!
Jul 15, 2023

Oh starclan was it flipping boring in here. It was easier when she was sleeping away the days in her sweat drenched moss pile, dreaming dreams where she was running or side by side with her mother. But this? Sleep would not come easy, and even if movements hurt her, her flank torn open from the talons of an owl- she just wanted to be out. She wanted to be free again.

"It's sooooo boring. What do you think they're doing out there? Are they having fun without us? I bet the kits are playing something cool. I wonder if Berryheart will let the kits come in here and play with us." She had been talking her thoughts aloud all day, even with no response, she seemed eager to spike some conversation though.

"I've been thinking about my warrior name. It would be cool to be named Tigerwing. Then we could share the same name kind of. Do you think I am close to being ready to be a warrior? I bet I could hunt the entire forest once warmth comes. What's it called again? Greenleaf? Yes that thing. Ooo, do you think we can pick flowers again when it gets warm? I want to make you and flamewhisker and Howlingstar and whitelion and Berryheart and everyone a flower crown. Then we can be prettier than the riverclanners. They may come dressed in fish scales and thingies to the gathering, but those smell really weird."

She rubbed a paw across her nose, curling her lips a little as if she was smelling the fish musk now.

"Can you tell me more on the other clans again. I'm trying so hard to remember stuff, but it's really not easy." She said, rolling on her uninjured side and letting out a dramatic sigh.

@batwing

.i'll be your calm, ———

wha_1_crop.png

——— before the storm!.
———————— ————————
Batwing had some semblance of agreeance with his apprentice- but where he had drawn inwards and reflected quietly, if not paired with heavy sighs, Tigerpaw had... other ideas. His green eyes shifted towards her as she started up again, having shushed her about ten minutes ago.

He had learned that leaving her be to just sit and ramble was better then attempting to interrupt her rambles. Part of him did find it endearing, but Batwing was beginning to tire. He wondered if Berryheart would let him sleep in the warrior's den tonight and give him and his ears a break from the chatterbox of his apprentice, but he knew better then to hope upon that.

Amusement did find his face as her questions, and he answered slowly- methodical, to fill the information in her brain, give her something to think about. "They're doing all the normal things, Tigerpaw. Berryheart and Hailstorm alike don't want the kits in here- it gets too crowded, too fast." A pause. "I cannot guess upon your warrior name- that's Howlingstar's to give. Newleaf first which is where things grow again, then Greenleaf, when it's the warmest."

"We can probably take a day to pick flowers." Batwing quietly skipped over telling her where she was in her apprenticeship. He shifted as her questioned were directed in a more... constructive direction. "Riverclan is filled with rivers, and strong with water power. They're troubled in thick brush, and elevated surfaces. They're swift, though- slippery." An ear twitched, trying his best to gather the summary of each clan in his head.

"Skyclan is kind, but they're loyal to one another. Very good at climbing and attacking from above, so keep an eye on the sky. They aren't used to the thick brush, like we are- where they're climbers, we have better strength." Head tilted towards the entrance of the den. "Windclan is swift, very fast. They're used to the open plains, and I... think they have a method of traveling the moors that we do not." Vision flicked towards the shadows of the den.

"Shadowclan can, and will, find you in the darkest corners. They're stealthy, very much so." He looked back towards them. He had interacted with all of them during the journey- the memories of that weren't fading. "You should be taking these things to heart. I will have you repeating it while patrolling, if I must."

"speech"​

• Haha
Reactions: tigerwing
codeimg1.png

I SEE A SONG OF PAST ROMANCE — It seems that Hailstorm would not work quietly today since Tigerpaw had decided to ramble the tom couldn't help but chuckle in amusement hearing the heavy sighing of his best friend and ponders if all apprentices were this excitable, it makes him wish for an apprentice of his own though he knows that will not happen until he completes his own training. He hopes that Starclan blesses him with one that will be eager to learn, talk his own ears off asking about every herb, and what purpose they served. It was wistful wishing though he turns from his herb sorting to glance in the direction of Batwing and Tigerpaw letting out a hum of agreement that he, in fact, did not want any kittens to trample about within the medicine den "I'm afraid kits are much too clumsy on small paws and energetic to be cooped up in here. Besides, I've cleaned out the old bedding and have sorted through the herbs. A kitten or two would surely mess that up." He says gently yet firmly focusing on the marigold that lay in front of him before storing it away with the rest of the blooms only to completely turn his body in their direction.

He listens to Batwing describe each of the clans and their strengths unable to help the large grin that formed on his maw and both of his tufted ears angle forward in his direction to listen closely. "You make Riverclan sound like fish," He pipes in when the blue smoke tom mentions how they're slippery unable to hold his small bout of laughter, he pushes himself onto his paws deciding to approach the pair "Skyclan like squirrels and Windclan like hares." He's teasing Batwing, of course, and a delighted hum leaves the throat of the medicine cat apprentice as he finishes with his snout wrinkling slightly "Shadowclan like... Bats." The giant concludes only to sit near his friend taking the moment to glance to Tigerpaw as he adds on with a dip of his helm "But what you must remember Tigerpaw, is that every clan is important. Without Riverclan diving into the depths of the water to reach the bridge, we would drown, and Shadowclanners were our eyes within the darkness of the caves. Skyclan guided those who are not adept at climbing up and Windclan ran as fast as Leopardclan itself to get rid of the baying hounds at our tails." And it is true, every single bit of it.

"Without one another, we would not have gotten the lungwort we needed. The lungwort that had been found by—" He pauses for a moment to think of her and his heart aches but remembers her vow during his Starclan dream, "By Little Wolf." He offers a small lighthearted smile though his eyes show sadness for a single second before disappearing, old wounds didn't hurt as much thankfully but from time to time there was still an ache or two.

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✦✦✦✦✦ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✦✦✦✧✧ INFECTIONS
    ✦✦✧✧✧ ACHES & PAINS
    ✦✦✧✧✧ ILLNESS
    ✦✧✧✧✧ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✦✧✧✧✧ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✧✧✧✧✧ BROKEN BONES
    ✧✧✧✧✧ KITTING
    ✧✧✧✧✧ POISONS
  • dge7u2t-148923d9-4a3f-4c3f-b8e7-4e97c3a4cb2b.png
    longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    51 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    bisexual demiromantic; mates with little wolf
    currently being mentored by berryheart
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    semi-difficult in combat; relies on strength, his large size, and wits
    peaceful powerplay allowed

" You guys sure yap a lot, " Wolfwind rolls onto her belly, words battling valiantly against her wide - mouthed yawn. Wolfwind was all for yappin', really, but she didn't love that Tigerpaw's stumbling thoughts echoed her own a little too closesly. She didn't need to be hearin' double now, especially with her eye. if she's got anythin she double, she ought to have that in pairs, too. Are they having fun without us? Are they facin' danger, without me there? Wolfwind stretches her legs, seeming unbothered.

They're doing normal things, Batwing assures her— meeting her easily, prolly cause he liked to yap just as much, hah. Normal things like getting attacked by foxes and boar and bears? The last one had been ShadowClan— but they were close enough. Oh, it could happen. What constitutes as normal in this ever changing, ever dangerous life of theirs?

Was Batwing more lucky, or unlucky for being able to still teach his apprentice within the depths of the Medicine Den? (Definitely unlucky). RiverClan is filled with rivers,. Wolfwind barks a laugh at that, howling a raucous, " Who'd a thunk? " Apparently she felt like a rowdy elder today. Well, she doesn't care. Can't care. She's got wayy bigger things to care about.

She let's Batwing carry on with his spiel, opting to drag a paw across her tattered ears, instead. Hailstorm chimes in, never too far when Batwing is around.

And Hailstorm, the big furball, dares to go all beyond - their - years elder on them, regaling them with the stories Flamewhisker and Nightbird had returned with... Wolfwind had barely heard any of it at the time, too focused on knowing what had happened to Little Wolf.

Perhaps for little Wolf, Hailstorm had heard each and every piece of it. Did he grieve her better than she did? ( Was that a real question? )

The low simmer of discomfort crashes to a heavy tide in her stomach; less like butterflies and more like maggots, wriggling and gross. So she talks about something else, " The both of you are givin' ShadowClan too much credit... You'll hear em', Tigerpaw. You'll hear 'em from all their miserable grumbling. "
EpC61GT.png

• F9lkaeB.png

• [ AND THE ENCORE LASTS FOREVER . . . ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! LITTERMATE 2 LAKEMOON; KIN TO MANY.

SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    CURRENTLY 26 MOONS OLD AS OF 1.17.2024. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER.