private in my head | scarlet

B

BONERIPPLE

The molly had found herself becoming increasingly annoyed and almost like a ticking time bomb when it came to being around the other marsh cats. Their evident disrespect for her sister was gnawing at her. But of course she could do nothing but lash them with her words unless Briar wanted her to do something. Her claws itched to do something that much was certain and so she decided to go hunting and towards the oak trees despite the clash that had happened here not long ago. Slipping through the growth the woman made her way with nary a sound to her paws, tall figured stopped for a moment as ears rotated forward. There had to be something good around here. The taste of frog and lizard was growing mundane on her tongue and she felt like it was only right to move through the territory and find something else. After all they had been here first, they had the right to hunt outside of the marshes if they saw fit. Here she pressed on after a moment and parted her jaws to take in the scents of the area. It took very little time before she smelled something interesting and slowly she crouched, slipping along the thick bushes of bright green leaves her target finally came into view. A large grey squirrel and it was perched in a place it could not easily make it back to safety.

This was luck for her and she gave a slow intake of breath, shuffling her pack legs before she suddenly rushed forward. Because of her tall and slim frame, Bone was fast just as much as she was hard hitting. Her claws sunk into the ground and propelled her faster before she jumped and landed on the squirrel who caused a chattering racket. It was almost over, almost till a scent invaded her nostrils and immediately anger lit her gaze. The kittypet colony was here.

@SCARLET
[ PENNED BY RHOS ]

╰☆☆ She's had to get away from the incessant chatter of her so-called groupmates. Every time she steps within sight of one of them, it seems they are accosting her with unwanted friendliness and stupid comments. Scarlet is not interested in being a friend to any of them, though she wears her patient smile readily enough. She simply wants to be left alone. She wants to see that tom again. She wants to do something bad.

Rain and his companions are in quite the tizzy over the incident with Finch, which Scarlet finds amusing. Marsh cats are savages, after all. Who is really surprised they fight like dogs over a scrap of meat?

Blue eyes wander aimlessly over the needle-carpeted forest floor. A flash of movement catches her attention, a mottled gray-brown blur, and her muscles tense at once. Scarlet moves on swift white paws, nostrils flaring as the critter darts around the base of a tree. She goes around, finding herself almost face to face with an unpleasant black and white savage.

Scarlet's gaze loses its shine and becomes cold, glassy as a viper's. She lifts her lip and mars her pretty face. "I thought I smelled something vile," she says, though she remains still. "Have you forgotten where you live, vermin? These aren't your hunting grounds anymore. Hand me the squirrel and I'll forget about your little mistake." She lifts her chin. The arrogance exudes from her in waves.
—PENNED BY MARQUETTE.

From the squirrel's body the woman's muzzle rises up. A kill having quickly been made before the one from that other so called colony appeared and attempted to make a stand. Her eyes glimmer with cold heat as she looks at them, one paw pressing against the body of her kill before she finds herself suddenly chuckling at what is said to her. "Mistake? I don't think you understand your place here. Who was here first and who knows these lands better. The only mistake I see here was you and yours coming here unnannounced and thinking that there won't be any problems." Her claws dig into the body of the squirrel, a kill she intends to keep and she narrows her molten gaze just slightly as her tail twitched. There is ill intent in her eyes but she remembers what Briar said. On their terms.

"I would advise you scuttle back to that pathetic colony so that you might get to keep that wasteful life of your's. This prey is coming with me." And she means every word that she says. She is not afraid to kill another cat and she sees no reason to be. Her home is more important than anything else and those that wish to cause it harm will be terminated or made to understand their mistakes through suffering.
[ PENNED BY RHOS ]

╰☆☆ Her blood runs cold at the look in Bone's amber gaze. There is hatred there, and not a fleck of fear to be found. Scarlet had not anticipated the other cat to be so obstinate. Perhaps a little stubborn, a little prideful--but it does not look like the other feline is going anywhere.

She smirks. "Tired of eating slime, are we?" She straightens her spine. "I told you once. You don't belong here."

Something in the arrogant set of the black and white femme's jaw causes Scarlet's blood to simmer. What right do they have to steal our prey, stomp into our forest with their mud-covered feet?

Scarlet acts before she can think. She aims a paw and attempts to swipe the squirrel from beneath Bone's claws. If successful, it would only roll away from both of them, limp on the forest floor.
—PENNED BY MARQUETTE.

The woman thinks and ponders on what they other says. That she doesn't belong here and she wonders just how that is fact. How does she not belong here when she has stepped along these grounds before they had even showed up. It almost baffles her and so much so that she doesn't expect the next move from the pellet eater. The sudden swipe of claws and the squirrel going flying across the ground with torn flesh from where her own claws had been pressed down upon it. Grey fur is stuck against her claws now and she is actually angry, now she is staring at the other with venom in her gaze. She dares to taint the prey she wishes to take back home for their kits, for their elders. She will show her. "Fine, fine. We will see just who belongs where if you so insist."

With a sudden jerk forward the molly races at the other, she aims to feint to the right of her before shifting back to the left and aiming to slash her claws against her shoulder roughly. She's tired of these pine cats. She's tired of them always causing trouble and shows in her vicious strikes of her claws.
[ PENNED BY RHOS ]