in sickness and in health || berry

Before Berryheart's announcement, Lily developed a sore throat. At the time, she hadn't thought much of it. A sore throat is just a sore throat, no need to see her brother for treatment. But after his announcement, knowing that there's a sickness going around, she knows she needs to tell him. Especially since after he finished informing the clan, she's let out a few small coughs.

She enters the medicine den slowly, taking in all the herbs. It feels... cramped in here, like the walls are going to close in on her and trap her here. "Hey, Berry," she greets, nervously shifting on her paws.

"A sore throat is one of the early symptoms for whatever's going around, isn't it?" A small cough. "Because if so, I might need to spend some time in here."

//slightly retroed bc im a loser who didnt put the thread out when i planned
@BERRYHEART
[ earth girl ]

Though he hardly showed it on the surface, Berryheart was growing restless. Never would he resent the path he had chosen, but the truth of the matter was that he had been much less prone to fretting when he has walked the earth as a warrior. To say this new illness was concerning was a foolish understatement. The aromatic scent of herbs for once did little to help his breathing, too- it felt stuffier than it ever had, in here...

The tortoiseshell tom greeted his older sister with a soft blink and a nod of greeting as she moved through the mouth of the den. His expression grew less and less kind as he glanced at her, though- watched her lips form dreaded words. A sore throat. She was not delirious, not yet, but... he dreaded the day he would see her in that state.

Berryheart sighed heavily. "It would be best." Voice thickened by a barrier of concern, he fetched one of the plushest nests in his repertoire out of storage. Most recently made, and flower-decorated; he hoped it would be to Smiles' liking, and flicked a flame-flecked tail to beckon her to lie down. "I'll fetch you some honey."
PENNED BY PIN ☾