camp INTERNATIONAL &. insomnia / zoning out

DROWSYNOSE

just for your love, give you the world
Jun 10, 2023
I'VE LEARNED TO LOVE YOU, HONEY!

it was unlike her. she could sleep through anything, at any time she wanted. if she got sleepy, she just went to sleep. it didn't matter where she was, but she... couldn't this time. it was going on a full day and a half and she hadn't had a single wink of sleep. she sat outside of the nursery, watching the hustle and bustle of skyclan, but she didn't move. not once. she didn't even hear anyone talking to her. had they been? if asked, she would have said that she didn't know. her gaze was so filled with an unusual exhaustion, and her body drooped with less energy. why was she struggling so much? she wish she knew. she wanted more than anything to sleep. but she... didn't. how come the wind was so mean to me? twitchbolt said it wasn't like that on purpose but it...

her mind repeated the same thing over and over like a broken record. and why has she been so mean to accuse greeneyes? that didn't seem like something she would normally do but I her defense, she was only copying what she'd seen before. she didn't even know how to react. with a frown, her tail swept the ground before she just continued to stare off. she didn't even hear anyone beside her.

"Drowsykit." Orangeblossom calls gently, though there's a frown on scarred features, one that deepens when the kit doesn't respond. She's upright, which is good, but that's about the only thing Drowsykit has going for herself at the moment. She'd been sitting still for far too long, so long that she'd have been suspicious on whether the kit was still with SkyClan if not for the rise and fall of her flank. Still though, it's unusual for the young molly to be so detached from her littermates' shenanigans.

Settling beside the young kit, Orangeblossom gently prods Bobbie's daughter with a paw to her ankle. Nothing massively obtrusive, but maybe a small physical contact would wake her up. "Hey. You don't look well, what's going on?"

Glimmerkit watches her mother gently prod the other kit with concern in her expression. She didn't know a lot of things, and especially not what is happening to her denmate right now. She's never really seen any other cat so out of it like Drowsykit is right now, and she doesn't know what to do, so she hopes her mom does. Maybe she should ask, just in case? "...Ma? Should I go fetch someone, or?" Could Fireflypaw or Dawnglare even help with this? Well, herbs are magical, so maybe.

( tags ) Lupinekit had established himself a fairly consistent napping schedule. While fairly more active than his sister, he could always be found curled up in their nest in the mid-afternoon. And, until today, Drowsykit could always be found slumbering (in an odd-position but otherwise quite soundly) right beside him. He wandered out of the nursery when he awoke without his sister next to him, blinking blearily in the late-afternoon sun.

"Hm, Did you get up early, Sissy?" Lupine hummed and attempted to lick down a stray hair sticking up from her eyebrow. Looking around to the others, perhaps noticing their presence for the first time, He mewed warily, "I-is something wrong?"

"SPEECH"

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
"Is everything alright?" Fireflypaw echoes the worry of the family as they gather around their sibling and child, Drowsykit having been staring off into the distance apparently. He wonders if the kit is still bothered by the day they met everyone, holding everything personally. He hopes not. Something about this makes him want to try and put the kit's attention elsewhere, but he finds it's not his job to do so. His job is to make sure Drowsykit isn't ill or injured.

It couldn't help to check, though.

"Sometimes, the wind speaks to me. Even though I may not always understand it." Fireflypaw begins, though his voice is as soft as the winds usually are. Gentle, caring. He continues. "It's quiet, but if you listen hard enough, you can hear it. Do you hear it, little one?"
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 11 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

I'VE LEARNED TO LOVE YOU, HONEY!

drowsykit's ears flicked back and forth at the sound of others. she moved her dimly lit gaze to the deputy, and her kit, unsure what to say. was she alright? not really. but she didn't exactly know how to express that in a way that made sense right now– or at all really. it isn't until she feels the familiar lick from her brother that her ears perked upwards fully, almost taking her out of her daze she seemed to be in.

"uhm... i couldn't sleep. i keep thinking about it. the wind. is... the wind mean to you, lulu?"

the nickname comes at a whisper, as does most of her words today, as she gently pressed her face against her brother's shoulder, trying to find something to ground herself. this wasn't like her at all.

"the wind doesn't like me. i don't think it wants to speak with me a-at all. how come you can speak to the wind? is it because you're a... herb cat?"

that was what he was called, right? her brows furrowed in frustration, but she couldn't think of the word. that's what made sense.