into the thick of it | hunting patrol

Jun 7, 2022
dcsbjm9-4146e4ae-ad52-4068-8e8a-73e33c8282ec.gif
( ) after gathering up his group for their patrol, huckleberry had led them out of the brambled entrance of camp and headed towards the southern part if the territory. although it was much cooler in temperture, they shouldn't really have any issue catching something. slowing his pace, he'd look over his shoulder at the others before speaking. "this should be a good area, ya'll can go ahead and pair off or go on your own way if ya wanna for huntin'. just make sure to meet back here so we can head back together."

the tom would soon look over at his apprentice, this is a good opprotunity to see her skills in action and help with anything along the way. "alright glimmerpaw, tell me what ya can smell 'round us. when ya find something nearby, ah want ya ta show me how close ya can get without alertin' it of yer presence." he mews with a flick of his tail.

@Sharpeye @PANTHERPELT @FLAN @Glimmerpaw !

;; anyone else is free to tag along with them if they'd like :]

( i hear the wandering streams and the song of the birds )

Sharpeye parted his jaws in a short yawn, still afflicted by the lingering tendrils of weariness that pulled at his form. But yet he soldiered on as he followed Huckleberry's lead. As they eventually reached where they would hunt the sleepy tom offered a curt nod to the patrol leader. "Good huntings to you all." He made his way towards the bracken so he could make a start on his work. Bringing his snout close to the ground he began to follow a scent trail leading to a hole near some tree roots. "Mouse." The small tom tucked himself up onto an exposed tree root and he played the waiting game as he poised himself ready to catch the mouse if it dared to come out.