Introducing Lightpaw, open :)

Jan 19, 2024
Lightpaw shuffled her paws. She didn't know what to do, and she was a known hater of what she liked to call 'limbo time.' The young tabby huffed a bit before heading toward the apprentice den. Maybe she could, at the very least, see if there was any old moss she could get rid of. Or maybe a friend to talk to. Just anything to not be bored She thought.
[ MAYBE THIS TIME I'LL WIN ]

Much like Lightpaw, Flamewhisker preferred to always keep her paws busy as well. She was more likely to relax in greenleaf, but during leafbare there was always something to do, and keeping busy meant staying warmer. The fiery tabby had time to kill before her border patrol later that day, so she was on her way to the apprentice den to find Acornpaw. On her way there, she saw Lightpaw who looked rather bored. "Good afternoon Lightpaw," she greeted, "did you see Acornpaw in there?" her muzzle pointed towards the entrance of the den, her gaze shifting to look inside for her apprentice. "How has your training been going?"
  • apprentice tag @Acornpaw.
  • IMG_1727.png
    FLAMEWHISKER of THUNDERCLAN
    LH red tabby with low white (masks black tabby, carries dilute, solid)
    — Lead Warrior of Thunderclan ; currently mentoring Acornpaw
    — she/her ; mated with Flycatcher
    — mother to Stormfeather & Falconheart
    — 28 moons ; ages on the 20th
    — Smells like dirt, old leaves, tree sap, faint hint of flowers
    — will start a fight, will finish fights, will kill (case depending)
    "speech" ; thoughts ; attacks
    — penned by Icey ! ; link to tags
    — link to toyhouse

Lightpaw startled, whipping her head around with such speed she might've gotten dizzy if it weren't for the reflexes she had. "Oh!" she yelped, "Flamewhisker! You startled me," Lightpaw's ears turned a bit red. "I just got here, my eyes haven't quite adjusted yet," she continued. Turning to the moss in front of her, she scraped some of the flat, old nest from it's spot in the dirt. Thinking about her training, she stifled a groan at the thought of her less than graceful tumble out of a grapple the other day. "My training has been mostly good I suppose, though paw-to-paw is still a bit difficult for me,"

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ nightbird was in search of palepaw, she hadn't yet seen the molly wandering around camp but was growing tired of waiting. the sooner they could get out, the better they would fare.

lightpaw and flamewhisker block the den when she arrives, the lead warrior tries to poke her head around them to peer into the den but she couldn't see much. she can't help but overhear lightpaw's training struggles, a shame. she would be a warrior in a few moons, the time for combat struggles was far past. "you'll get the hang of it," she shrugged half-heartedly. "or not, and your mentor'll hold you back 'til your fur turns gray."
  • ooc ↛
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 29 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a single white paw and pale silver eyes.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / mentor to palepaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Lightpaw thankfully didn't jump at Nightbird's voice. She deflated a bit at the mention of getting held back, she desperately wanted to be promoted with her friends when the time came. "I'll definitely get it, I have to, right?" She forced the chipper tone back into her voice, as she usually did. I can't let my friends become warriors without me... What if they just leave me behind? She thought. Her white paws scratched harder at the moss to free a large clump, though she might've clawed it a bit too hard as it nearly hit the other cats with her. "Sorry!"

Seeing an opportunity to chit chat or maybe even gossip, Hickoryskip joins in next to the two lead warriors as they converse with Lightpaw. It’s nothing too interesting, though she completely understands what it’s like to have that one skill you think needs work. She chuckles at the apprentice’s clumsiness as she handles the old moss in the den. “You’ll learn, you’ll learn! Experience in a real battle helps a lot too, I feel. Not that I’m wishing you’ll have to fight any time soon! Just keep improving on what you’re best at, yeah?” It’s the best advice she can give, as someone who isn’t particularly good at combat either. Didn’t stop her from becoming a warrior, after all! They all have something they can provide to the clan, not just solely battle prowess.​

Lightpaw giggled a bit at Hickoryskip's remark. "I'm definitely not hoping or it, but I'm sure you're not wrong," she chuffed. "At least I feel confident in my hunting, I'm pretty sneaky," she added. Her ability to be silent within the various crunching, cracking, and otherwise noisy distractions of ThunderClan's territory may not be perfect, but definitely not something to scoff at either. She remembered a particularly satisfying mouse she caught earlier that moon and smiles a bit to herself.