no angst isn't that sweet? i guess so // o. springtime swimming

"GOT A LITTLE CASH NOW SO THAT SKIRT IS DIOR"
The warmer temperatures of new-leaf are a welcome reprieve. Though Bubblepaw is not one to complain (or to even look at the glass half-empty, per se), it is obvious enough that the absence of snow and cold wind is far more comfortable. Bare-leaf had not been particularly cruel to RiverClan. The river had continued to rush and flow through the sheer cold, and despite the snow and ice that blanketed the scenery. Bubblepaw had heard from warriors that the last bare-leaf had not been so kind, and that the river had become solid and stopped moving, making it impossible to fish. Bubblepaw couldn't even begin to imagine such a thing. As she stands on the bank of the river now, she thinks about what that must have looked like. Quietly, she thanks StarClan for the fortune that has been afforded to RiverClan in the frigid moons before. She isn't sure the same can be said about moons current or ahead.

Bubblepaw lifts her head from her brief prayer and casts her gaze across the river. She doesn't plan to hunt today, but rather focus on swimming. The silver molly dips her front paws into the water. A chill runs up her spine. Even though the air has warmed, the river remains shockingly chilly. She supposes it might take another moon or two for the river to be comfortable to get in from the first step. Bubblepaw wades a little deeper until she reaches depths where she can swim freely without having to worry about accidentally kicking up riverbed and scaring away any fish. She floats around for a little bit, not thinking about much other than how pleasant the weather is.

After bobbing about for some time, Bubblepaw brings herself back to the shore to take a short break from her swim practice. Perhaps she'll have some time to search for riverstones or shells while taking a break? Bubblepaw shakes off her coat, but notices a clanmate standing nearby. "Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't splash you, did I?" she asks, eyes wide with concern "I should have looked to see if there was anyone nearby before I shook off!"
✦ ★ ✦

-ˋˏ ༻✧༺ ˎˊ- carawaypaw sits nearby, fur still damp from a swim not long passed. the warm newleaf sun warms her back and the soft churn of the water her soul. finally, she stands to leave. duty, and whatnot. the tabby stretches as long limbs extend, bubblepaw appears to have the same idea.

the apprentice trots over, jaws parting to utter a hello. droplets of water are flying in her direction before she gets the chance. once the subtle shock of the assault had passed, bubblepaw begins issuing apologies. there is something playful in carawaypaw's green gaze as it narrows, a humored smirk quirking her silver muzzle.

"well, now i've gotta get my revenge! you leave me no choice, bubblepaw." she proclaims, bounding over to the shore. a dark paw dips into the river, pulling quickly out as she attempts to return the favor of spraying her denmate with water. she tries to keep a serious face, but cannot withhold a few good natured laughs.
  • OOC //

• p7LLlQL.png
  • CARAWAYPAW she/her, apprentice of riverclan, 9 ☾'s
    carawaypaw is a pretty longhaired silver tabby with green eyes and a tall, lithe frame.
    willowroot x poppysplash ↛ sister to bumblepaw, minnowpaw, mosspool, and hazewish
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.