pafp IT’S GONNA WORK OUT [family questions]

HOPEPAW

strike, little wolf, strike
Apr 3, 2024
⊱⊰ The evening is quiet, atmosphere heavy and humid. Mosquitos buzz around Hopekit’s ears as he’s settled at the entrance of the nursery. His tail lashes, whipping back and forth to ward off more bugs that annoy him. Their buzzing is almost like the noise that the other kits in the nursery make; he can’t wait to become an apprentice and leave the nursery behind forever.

He watches a familiar orange and white form step out of the apprentice den, and after a moment of hesitation he approaches. "Hi, Orangepaw." His voice is soft as he greets the apprentice, copper eyes shining bright in the dimming sunlight. Orangepaw is… nice. Gentlestorm likes him, and Hopekit likes Gentlestorm, so of course Hopekit likes him. And he’s older and more calm than most of the kits, since he’s an apprentice, so he’s not hard to be around at all. The little lilac kit wants to be his friend—he just doesn’t know how to approach the older tom.

Oh… he tips his head, copper eyes narrowing in thought. Maybe he can find something that he and Orangepaw have in common—the ginger tom doesn’t have any parents in ThunderClan, does he? "How’d you join ThunderClan? One of the other apprentices says you weren’t born here…" Kittypet, he thinks, echoing the accusations and words of some of the older apprentices—and then he frowns, thinking better of it. It’s not… nice, to call other cats kittypets. His mother would probably be upset if he called anyone a kittypet, and he feels a bit bad for even thinking of the word.

• ooc: @ORANGEPAW.
  • 81309324_2wmLWzBSS6UkcAG.png
    HOPEKIT ❯❯ he/him, thunderclan kit
    skinny, thick-furred lilac tom with deep copper eyes. soft-spoken and sleepy, but can be a bit of a grouch.
    son of batwing and leopardtongue ; brother to bravepaw, hazepaw, cardinalpaw, coalkit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

WE WERE PLAYING IN THE SAND

orangepaw was naive. it wasn't a secret that his childlike wonder and hopeful nature would one day get him into more trouble than he realizes. but he's nice above all. to be kind was what he was supposed to do. his tail gently flicked back and forth as his ears perked up at the sound of a kit nearby. he turns to him with a soft smile on his bright orange and white features.

"hi hopekit!"

he tilted his head with a wide eyed blink before he nods very eagerly, closing his eyes as he shows his teeth in a very soft smile.

"uhuh! i'm not from here! my mama was a... loner? I think that's what they call it! she was born in the forest and st some point she has twolegs who kept her around but she escaped and lived back in the forest! she met my dad and then had me! I never met my dad but I did meet mama! my mama is the best cat ever! I can't wait for her to come back!"

naivety is not always a good thing.