private it gets harder just to breathe [assessment]

Apr 26, 2024
WATCHING YOUR
PRETTY SMILE SO WARM
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
frecklepaw & 11 moons & trans. fem & she/they/it & riverclan apprentice
82895698_C6PrNYz74hHmaZx.png
The further they walk from camp, the harder teeth dig into her cheeks. Shes twelve moons old now - old enough to become a warrior at last, if only she can pass her assessment. And yet as anxiety swirls in her belly, nausea rolling over her like waves against the shore, she can onky think how unprepared she is. Eyes dart frantically about before landing on Hazecloud once more - the uncertainty of not knowing what waits in store almost as bad as the thought of failure. But this... this is something she has to do. For Magpiepaw at least. For her sibling who'd passed their assessment only to die before getting their name. She'll do this for them - so that at least she can stand before Gladefrost as a real warrior of riverclan.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
I L O S E M Y C O O L , W H E N I G E T E M O T I O N A L
// @hazecloud - very late, feel free to assign whatever but she will be failing it </3

—————————————————————⊰✿⊱————————————————————
Hazecloud had looked to Frecklepaw with a smile that morning, though the corners of her maw did not lift to meet her eyes. It's hard to read the molly in this state, still reeling from the loss of her littermate. Would it be right to continue this assessment? Would it be fair?

Warriorhood isn't always fair. She painfully reminded herself as they padded over the slowly withering grasses, once-green now crunching underpaw. If Frecklepaw and Magpiepaw had already been warriors, these emotions may feel no different. Her expectations just the same, wouldn't they?

"Your assessment today will be to tread water longer than me. A test to your endurance for swimming, even in undesirable conditions." Oh how horrible cold it will be after such a long greenleaf, but even Hazecloud could put it aside for this. "We'll go in together and step off the shallows at the same time, then it begins. Ready?"

The deputy took a careful step forward, a dissatisfied grimace creasing her maw as she padded beside Frecklepaw further into the water. The tide was low, the shallows did not go for very long, and they counted down together before launching into the water. Hazecloud kept herself paced with kicking her hind legs down to stay afloat, not exerting any unnecessary energy to hold her chin above the surface.

• @Driftwood, assuming the mentor will be present!

• 73582445_EEfwz37mLUqnNP7.png
    Hazecloud
    —⊰⋅ Deputy of RiverClan
    —⊰⋅ She/Her
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ LH blue smoke with green eyes.