private IT'S A BAD IDEA, ME AND YOU ༄.𖥔 ݁ ˖ FLAMESTAR

༄.𖥔 ݁ ˖ — The emptiness of his den is both comforting and saddening but he tries not to dwell on it for long as he pushes through the foliage curtain that drapes over his den. The gray tomcat has been mulling a lot of things over within his mind especially when he had continued the training of Moonbeam, the scars that he feels a cool breeze brush against is a reminder that he isn't mortal. He can easily be killed by a rogue or what's left of Skyclaw's followers but those two are only possibilities, he could fall victim to a fox or any other predator that lurks within the forest. He shakes his head forcing himself to not linger on the matter of mortality as his large paws knead into the ground underneath him, his dark eyes focusing onto the fresh-kill pile and scoops up a squirrel despite the way it makes his stomach twist at the memory of crimson berries falling from the same kind of prey. Perhaps, he'd seek out Roeflame or his kin to share this meal with him but his paws end up carrying him to a different den that he hardly ever set a paw into... ghosts of loved ones make their nest there but he closes his eyes before reopening them to push through.

Gentlestorm sets the squirrel down only to offer a wry smile to a fire-pelted molly "Flamestar..." He manages to say in a gruff voice only to shuffle his snowy dipped paws, "I hope... I'm not bothering you... I wish to discuss... something with you..." Both of his ears angle forward waiting for any sort of approval for him to approach and if given a flick of the tail, he picks up the squirrel once more to settle down near the other but not too close. He pushes the squirrel between them but closer to her as an invitation for her to take the first bite and he tucks one of his legs underneath his body as a sigh slips from his throat. "After... the fight with Skyclaw... and nearly... losing my own life..." He pauses for a heartbeat knowing that the mention of Little Wolf's son is a sour topic and still a fresh wound despite a moon having gone by, "It is... in my best interest... for Thunderclan... that... I seek out an apprentice... to train..." It's a quiet admittance that he isn't mortal nor can he do things on his own for much longer, it jabs at his pride but he must push it aside for the benefit of his clan

The weight on his shoulders must be distributed so that it didn't end up being his own death and he rasps "I'll... keep... an eye out... for my successor... after finishing Moonbeam's training... Perhaps... Starclan will shred some light on who... my future apprentice is... I don't know..." Berryheart had chose him due to his experienced paws in bringing in herbs long before Lichenpaw had become his apprentice and that had been enough for the mottled tom to pick him as his apprentice but as he finds himself nearing the time where he must take on his own apprentice... He doesn't know where to start first and his dark eyes lock with the emerald eyes of Flamestar pondering if she had any thoughts to share. The shade of her eyes causes him to get lost but he tilts his head away to break their gazes from each other, he clears his throat and speaks quietly "What do... you think... ?"

fmo1ZTV.png

• ooc
  • MEDICINE CAT KNOWLEDGE;
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧ INFECTIONS
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧ ACHES & PAINS
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧ ILLNESS
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✦✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧ BROKEN BONES
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ KITTING
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ POISONS
  • fglpSzG.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and copper eyes, several scars cover his body from previous fights that he somehow survived
    gentlestorm is rarely ever a warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he proceeds with more caution and he's less likely to trust any strangers that come from outside of thunderclan. he tends to be jumpy if suddenly approached or flinches away from swift movement with his claws unsheathed when it occurs, he apologizes for it. his kindness reserved only for those closest to him otherwise anyone else can expect the cold shoulder from the old tom
    60 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    widowed mate of little wolf ; currently interested in no one
    semi-difficult to befriend/interact with ; quick to strike/attack first if he feels threatened ; peaceful powerplay allowed but proceed with caution
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

〕The blessings of the stars hadn't come without a curse. A curse that she had hadn't had a chance to think twice about, not when Thunderclan desperately needed a leader. She had accepted it without a second thought, but her nights were spelt awake, thinking about what she had done. There was no question that she would lay down every life given to her for the clan...she would have done the same even without nine lives. But she had watched Howlingstar outlive nearly all of her kits, she had watched the pain of losing each of them slowly drain the life out of her eyes. Flycatcher's death had nearly done her in...how would she be able to handle the possibility of one day losing each of her kits? Her heart couldn't handle the pain of loss again, just as it could barely handle the sting of loneliness as she lay in her den each night.

The silence in her den was not as eery as the silence in the tunnels after they had collapsed on the journey, but it was comparable. She felt blessed each night her kits asked to share a nest with her, but she knew those nights would soon come to an end. Her kits were growing older, and it wouldn't be too much longer before they joined their older brother in the Warrior's Den...and then she would be alone again. The only advantage of having a den to herself was the freedom to silently cry whenever she pleased. I would give anything to have you beside me my love...

Her tears had long dried before Gentlestorm arrived at her den, though her gaze still bore the glazed over look of grief. There were few in the clan that she allowed herself to be weak in front of, and he was one of them. It had been with his support that her heart had began to heal after being stripped away. "You know you don't have to ask before entering." she responded as he waited for approval. The fluffy tom was one of her closest friends...or one of the few that were left at least. He carries a squirrel in his jaws, and he sets it down between them before motioning for her to take the first bite. There was the temptation to decline his offer, to let him eat the entire squirrel by himself. Leaf-fall had already began, and soon the prey would start to become more scarce. The past few leafbares had been brutal...her clanmates needed to be eating as much as they could to prepare. She would be fine, that is why Starclan gave her more lives...but even she knew arguing with Gentlestorm was quite a bit to take on, so for now she would comply. They would be arguing enough here in the next few moons.

The leader leaned down and took the first bite, before nudging the squirrel closer to him with her nose. At the mention of Skyclaw, her fur instinctively begins to bristle along her shoulders. She forces it to lay back down, before drawing her tongue embarrassedly over her chest fur. "Sorry..." Even though a moon had passed, Skyclaw still held a tight grip on her healed wounds, and her dreams. But it wasn't just her dreams...just mere nights ago, Squirrelpaw had exploded awake in a fit of cries and claws from a nightmare. His claws still held a lot of their clanmates, something only time would heal. "...nearly... losing my own life.., It is... in my best interest... for Thunderclan... that... I seek out an apprentice... to train..." She had been dearly afraid that Gentlestorm wouldn't have healed from his wounds, and she was sure she wasn't the only one fearing that. But she had been more worried about the possibility of losing another friend than the possibility of a Medicine Cat. Flamestar would flick her tail, attempting to rest it on the tom's shoulder. "If that is what you wish, then I agree with you." His training had been completed by Dawnglare, so there was no reason to not take on an official apprentice after Moonbeam's training was complete.

"I am sure that when the time is right, Starclan will tell you." Starclan was still new to her. Moons ago, she had believed them to be a tale told to kits to make them feel better about death...and now here she was carrying around their blessing. However, Medicine Cats also shared a connection with the stars, so perhaps the next Medicine Cat apprentice would also share the same connection? "Thundergleam seems close with Starclan...do you think she is who they want you to teach?"
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • FLAMESTAR —— leader of thunderclan , mentoring merlinpaw . storm x lily . littermate to nala, smokey, and nemo ✦ penned by icey !
    afab / she/her / 38 moons & ages every 20ᵗʰ
    widowed / heterosexual / closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— difficult in battle

speech”, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 89001237_0hDtHJbdRu9KEv8.png

a longhaired red tabby with low white and green eyes. flamewhisker's fur is a vibrant hue of red, riddled with thick classic tabby markings. her fur is medium in length, and she has a large, feathery tail. her chest, belly, tail tip, and her paws are dipped white. flamewhisker's eyes are a dark, deep shade of green. her shoulder has a large scar on it from a fight with a dog. she also has a shredded ear from a disagreement with a loner during her time alone before joining thunderclan. on particularly cold days, or sometimes before a major weather change, she will walk with a slight limp from her shoulder injury.