private it's all in my head shrinks } swanpaw

ONYXPAW

☄. *. ⋆ DON'T YOU BLAME ME
Nov 4, 2023
I WISH YOU COULD SEE THE WICKED TRUTH — Two moons. She had nearly been an apprentice for two whole moons, yet she felt no more truly experienced then when she had started. Avocetfall continually told her she was doing wonderfully in her battle training, but when it came to hunting? Onyxpaw felt utterly in the dark, even with each bit of advice that her mentor attempted to drill into her mind. Supposedly she was progressing, but it felt so hard to accept in her own mind, still feeling like her paws were too big and clumsy for her body whenever she looked down at them. It was a heavy weight to carry on her shoulders, considering she couldn't bear the thought of being an embarrassment. Not only for her own sake and for the sake of her parents, but for the sake of Shadowclan as a whole.

What kind of warrior would she be one day, if she brought nothing but shame to them?

She needed more guidance beyond just what Avocetfall was offering her, and she needed it from one of her peers. Someone who had gone through it all not that long ago, and Swanpaw had seemed like the perfect candidate for it. He was one of the few other apprentices that didn't fill her with fear or anxiety to approach, maybe just because of his pleasant and almost sleepy exterior. She knew he was several moons older than her, but that was actually perfect - he'd still be able to remember his recent training, but would also have more experience than her. An advantage that he had over Yellowpaw, considering the both of them were the same age.

That was why her paws carried her over to him soon after her own training was finished, hesitating for only a moment before she cleared her throat. "Swanpaw? Do you have a moment to talk?" Her paws shifted worriedly against the dirt in front of her, hoping she wasn't interrupting him from anything important. "I was hoping maybe you'd have some stuff to share about your own training. Avocetfall has been working with me, but... it feels almost like I'm falling behind." The admission alone was enough to flatten her ears against her skull, like Starclan themselves might hear and look down on her with disappointment.

@Swanpaw

• 75034637_eiCvVhxv9vQNT6l.png
    shorthaired tortoiseshell point and chocolate point chimera with blue eyes
    5 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; crushing on yellowpaw
    daughter of monarchroot and sleetjaw
    shadowclan born; silently loyal to her home
    difficult to befriend; shy to most except yellowpaw
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed