It's you that I lie with ✶ Oddpaw

Owlheart

Make me a bird of prey
Feb 11, 2024

Owlpaw hovered outside the apprentices’ den, her mother instructed her to take shelter and she was never one to disobey her. She reflected the chaos of her friends, her loved ones , the ones who were left standing out in the camp, either because their paws were rooted into the ground or because they were simply curious. Everyone’s reactions had been jarring, not that Owlpaws own was any better. She can’t help but think about how Oddpaw reacted to it, it was jarring to see him so on edge. She doesn’t blame him for it, she thought that somehow the sun disappearing meant that her littermate was replaced so she can’t fault anyones reactions. Something sat wrong though, an uncomfortable heaviness in her chest as she thought about the vitriol in his voice when he asked if the stars had cursed them, about how this wasn’t a good sign.

She pokes her head into the apprentices’ den, looking for the familiar sight of copper eyes and mismatched light fur. “Oddpaw” she calls out as she enters the den proper, sitting on her haunches next to the nest that she shared with them and Crowpaw. “Are you okay?” her voice was soft, softer than normal, still in the mindset of when she was quieter and more anxious if that was even possible. “Earlier out there, you mentioned that it isn’t a good sign…” she trailed off, looking from her side back to the entrance of the den, where the source of chaos had seemed to grow less intense. She places her paw next to his own, nudging it lightly as she waited for any kind of permission for further touch. When she tore her attention away from the den and back at him there was concern in her expression as she tried to gather how he was feeling
“it’s okay to be scared. You can talk to me about it.”

@ODDPAW

The pale patched tom was curled up in his shared nest. Silver-cream flank rising and falling in rhythm, a frown settled on his face. Ears flatten against his patched skull, as he thought about how starclan devotees aren't all.. there. Mismatched tail lashes in its half-hearted curled form, over his hind paws. Has this Starclan obscured all the Skyclanner's minds? whispering nothings in their ears like puppets on strings.. He doesn't know. He doesn't get it! Starclan this, Starclan that! To hell with this fucking Starclan drivel! A claw digs into the shared nest below in simmering anger. Drowning out all sounds from the noisy den, with his twisting and dark thoughts.

He snapped out of his fit, when he felt a paw against his pale touched own. Copper eyes flicker up at the familiar coat of red and low white. Owlpaw. He lifted his head up slightly, to blink up at the other apprentice. Hearing his partner's voice speak softly asking if he was okay. "I'm perfectly fine. It… It wasn't a good sign. I mean just look at the sky..." His voice, an empty echo though soft. Ears still angled back, as craned his head to the side to narrow his eyes at the entrance of the den. Devotees.. He curls his lip up in slight distaste. An ugly action on his usual pretty face. His tail twitches where it rests behind him. Too many damn thoughts! Calm. Down.

“It’s okay to be scared. You can talk to me about it.”

He opens his maw. "I'm not scared. Just…" He lets out a nervous chuckle, a shaky grin twisting onto his face. His ears are still in their downward state. I just. do. not. believe. is. all. "I'm just a bit conflicted is all! N-nothing wrong here!" He finishes before slipping on his whole cheery mask as others refer to him as.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • 1a1e4325bc0a9b8c18aa8a0378a5e293e5cfb5cb.pnj
  • ﹒⋆﹒♡﹒⋆﹒( beware of the silliness!! ) ODDPAW.
    HE / THEY, fine with gendered terms. ; 11 MOONS & AGES EVERY 7TH.
    apprentice of skyclan | formerly a rouge
    bi-pan / single? / polyamorous / padding after crowpaw & owlpaw
    pretty, long-legged medium furred sliver-cream calico with copper eyes.
    battle notesthoughts ; "Speech, ac7d88" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like caramel frappe & chilled stone
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

He was saying that he was perfectly fine yet she couldn’t help but be suspicious about how much truth was residing in his words. Owlpaw couldn’t stop her frown, that concern never leaving her eyes. Those wide golden eyes staring well, owlishly, at him as she glanced at the curl of distaste on his lip. It was strange not seeing them with their usual easy going smile. The curl of his lip was something that she would rather see than him hiding behind a fake smile, that’s what she decided as she cocks her head to her left. Once again trying to not grind her teeth together as she tried to gather what they exactly meant by being conflicted. It was a losing battle for her to not be lost in thought over this, her mind drifted off back to being outside when the sky was falling, when the world was ending.

If he’s not scared then maybe she didn’t really understand others emotions as well as she thought she did. While her belief in Starclan was unwavering it was informal. That being said, she was rather superstitious, she was a believer of everything has to have happened for a reason. While she didn’t know what the sign could be about she believed Fireflypaw that it was a sign, apart from Dawnglare if anyone was going to know then it would be him right? She shakes her head lightly, trying to physically push her wandering mind back to why she was thinking about this to begin with.

“What are you conflicted about?” The question was simple, she didn’t want to voice any assumptions about anything. Assumptions would just muddy up a delicate conversation after all “you can talk to me about it, I hope you don’t feel like you can’t.” The silent plea of ‘please talk to me’ hung heavy in the air. The idea hurt, if Oddpaw couldn’t feel like he could talk to her about how he felt then who could he tell? She was confident that she could confide in the calico about anything so she hoped that was mutual.