I'VE BEEN CONSUMED &. quick announcement

DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

"shadowclan! i have an announcement! it shall be brief than we will continue our activities."

chilledstar called throughout the camp, tail lashing back in forth. this was always what they wanted, yes. they had longed for the day that they did not have to bend to the will of an ally, especially when no one cared for shadowclan other than shadowclanners. they would regain their strength and winter would never claim them the way it did, as long as chilledstar was in charge. besides, with lack of allies, it made it a hell of a lot easier to steal without remorse.

"sootstar has obviously lost her mind. this was a long time coming. the first leader of windclan has only ever done anything in self interest, even if it costed her own warriors lives. had they become desperate enough, she'd have asked the same of us. no longer do we have to worry about those rabbit-breathed, tail tucked cowards. windclan is no allies of ours. as it stands, we are in fact enemies. sootstar wishes it to be so, and I have no problem giving her one last wish."

their eyes briefly scanned over the cats within the crowd before they just snorted.

"now, go. hunt well. we need our strength. there is no telling what that maniac will try, but we will be ready."

they dismissed with a flick of their tail before descending the rock with a rough sigh. they wanted to avoid war just yet, but who knew how windclan would retaliate? clearly they had a knack for causing wars. luckily, shadowclan territory was not easy to navigate, unless you were a shadowclanner yourself. they had that on their side, for sure.

//this officially marks the end of the windclan alliance!!

Reactions: Ravenwatcher.
Granitepaw has been so deeply absorbed since Pitchstar's unfortunate demise. The gray and white apprentice feels as though the rest of his Clan has continued moving while he stays frozen in time, a cat spluttering to death at his paws a permanent phantom he cannot shake. But since the Gathering, he's come to realize that he's gotten away with it. Chilledstar had not gotten to explain the cause of Pitchstar's death to the other Clans -- they hadn't cared, too busy in-fighting about other things.

No one suspects Granitepaw. The guilt that has eaten away at him, bit by bit like acid, has begun to subside. It's only remnant is the rosette tabby who stalks him in his dreams.

Perhaps he'd missed the shift in ShadowClan and WindClan's standing, as consumed as he was. He's startled by their new leader's news. "As it stands, we are in fact enemies. Sootstar wishes it to be so, and I have no problem giving her one last wish."

Granitepaw stares at them incredulously from where they sit upon Clanrock. "So what now? Are they going to attack us in our camp, too? Kill one of us?" What had happened? Granitepaw glances around for Starlingheart. He doesn't give a rat's ass for SkyClan, but WindClan had raided their medicine cat's den before. His paw pads feel hot. "What happened?" He has no love for WindClan, but becoming their enemy puts him on edge. There are few Clans left in this forest WindClan has not attempted to brutalize.

[ PENNED BY MARQUETTE ]