camp i've been planning big things | warrior talk

Dec 21, 2023

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ The sun was passing its peak, and the evening patrols had just went out. Lounging around the fresh-kill pile was Badgerpaw and her group of friends, sharing words and giggles as they usually did. Of course, Badgerpaw would take the head in most conversations, the social butterfly she was. She had just the thing to talk about today!

"We're all going to be warriors soon," chirped the tortoiseshell with gleaming eyes, once the previous conversation topic simmered out. Her green eyes traveled across each of her friends: Palepaw, Kestrelpaw, Smudgepaw, Lightpaw, Joypaw, Phloxpaw. Though she may not have befriended all in the nursery, they certainly shared the space together - and soon, they would share their warrior ceremonies! Badgerpaw can't imagine how full the warriors den will become that day, and how empty the apprentice's den would feel to the younger ones.

With a click of her tongue, she continues her train of thought. "What do you think your warrior names will be?" It was a classic question for any apprentice nearing their final moon of training, and it goes without saying that such an eager apprentice would think of such as often as she does. She had pondered it many times, what her suffix would be - even her own virtues. "I really hope Howlingstar gives me something cool. Badgerclaw.. Badgerfang.. Badgerscratch.. like, something to show how tough I am!" Her words are boastful and exaggerated, as always, though a playful wink indicated her jest. Everyone knew she was no battle-hardened warrior; she imagined her name would be something more akin to her personality of looks.

"What do you think my virtues will be?" Much different from her previous question, the conversation was now once again centered on herself. Realizing this, she gives a small nod to one of the other apprentices. "I think yours would be.. kindness. And.. good hunting!"

• ooc - a roleplay for the apprentice friend group adoptees to interact, but everyone is welcome to join! anyone can be the apprentice badgerpaw is guessing virtues for
  • badger.png
  • BADGERPAW she/her, apprentice of thunderclan, 11 moons.
    a long-furred blue tortoiseshell with a notable black dorsal stripe and green eyes.
    daughter of n/a // apprentice of burnstorm
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by ixora@.ixora on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Reactions: Lightflower
Lightpaw sat, grooming her already sleek fur in the sun, simply enjoying the company of her friends. "Ooh, I like Badgerscratch," she purred in amusement. Badgerpaw was someone she'd hoped was one of her closer friends. Though she couldn't ever really tell. She curled her tail around herself, tucking her paws underneath her chest. Seeing the other fem nod toward her, she perked her ears. "Awh, thanks," she mumbled, not the best at taking compliments.
[ MAYBE THIS TIME I'LL WIN ]

Flycatcher was sat nearby, listening quietly as the apprentices discussed what their future names might be. Flycatcher had been a warrior grown when ThunderClan came into existence, going from Fly to Flycatcher once the idea of warrior names was introduced. He had never been an apprentice, never had the pleasure of pondering what his future name would be. "I'm sure when the time comes, Howlingstar will choose fine names for you all," Flycatcher smiled, dipping his head towards Badgerpaw and Lightpaw.

Reactions: Lightflower
Marigoldpaw only took in the conversation one ear and out the other, as he ate his share of prey. He isn’t close to any of the older apprentices either, though he does respect them more. He’ll be a warrior himself soon enough after all; only a few more moons to go and he’ll be alongside them after they graduate soon.

He only truly listens when the topic of names comes up. It’s something that he’s thought about often, what kind of suffix he’d end up with. Nothing really comes to mind, as he’s not exactly sure what kind of characteristics people notice when he comes to their mind. What kind of name do you even think of when it comes to being hard working? That’s the only trait he can possibly think of.

Thinking of one for Badgerpaw is an even greater challenge. The only traits that comes to his mind for her is her boastfulness, if the suffixes she brought up for herself says anything. Not that it’s necessarily a bad trait. “Maybe something like Badgersnout, for how much you talk,” Marigoldpaw jokes, though he is as deadpan as always. “As for me… I dunno. Maybe Marigoldbloom to keep with the flower theme.” Though that sounds a little too pretty for his taste.​

It had been something on Joypaw’s mind before, the idea of a warrior name. He didn’t care about what it was, only eyeing the rank with excitement. He truly couldn’t predict what his would be; perhaps something to his strength or to fit his birth-given one. Some of his dreams had produced terrible ones, names that fit snugly around the shortage of enthusiasm in his tone, or how good of a fighter he was. He already had a narrowed glare and steely expression often, and there was no need to drive the point home.

…So maybe he did care.

While another apprentice might have took opportunity to eagerly seize the conversation in their jaws, the tabby was content to listen idly, sitting hunched (the most comfortable way, of course). “I dunno,” came his grave-deep, ghost-quiet voice. “I like Badgerfang.” Marigoldpaw’s monotone jest drew an exhale from him soon after, barely audible in the evening air.

Lightpaw rolled onto her side, listening to the other's ponder. She shot a well mannered glare at Marigoldpaw. She didn't fully understand his jokes but she at least knew he wouldn't be mean just to be mean. "I hope mine isn't too on the nose like that, Lightshine sounds a little too... I dunno," She mewed, streching her forepaws ahead of her. A yawn slipped through, her ears pressing back tightly before she shook her head. She liked the idea of lots of names, she would be happy with just about anything given to her. Flycatcher was right, Howlingstar knew what she was doing and she'd pick accordingly for each of them.
[ MAYBE THIS TIME I'LL WIN ]