oneshot I've got a lover and I'm unforgiven - I'm such a fool to pay this price

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I WANT AND WHO I WANNA BE
sootspritespark | 36 months | demi-girl | she/they | physically medium | mentally hard | attack in bold #ffff99
It's been fourteen days now - fourteen nights, fourteen sunrises, fourteen sunsets. Fourteen days since she'd faced death in the form of a dog, since she'd ran into him, since they'd fought, since she'd met Mason and cried out all her woes.

Black furred frame sits upon the fence-line, eyes turned towards the skyline, as she thinks. She's made a lot of foolish choices, a lot of mistakes, a lot of regrets in her life. But... this will not be one of them, she thinks, of that she is certain. Thoughts wander, the picture of black fur and blue eyes embedding into her mind, and yet she can only smile - self-satisfied.

It does not matter that she'd half-lied, that she'd twisted the truth - that what she'd once lost was the consequences of her own actions, a disaster of her own making. All that had mattered is what she'd found - his understanding, his pity. And in the end, Mason had given her what she'd wanted, what he had stolen from her. Had found with someone else.

No, she feels no guilt, no regret - only pride. Things are finally going her way.

As the sun creeps up over the horizon, painting the sky such a pretty shade of pink, reflecting off of the new collar wrapped around her neck, all nice and clean and unbroken. Tail lashes idly as she waits, focused on the lightening skyline laid out before her. Today is a new day - a new her. Rough tongue swipe against her chest fur, sending curls bouncing loosely, and then she is moving - leaping down of careful paws.

She finally has it all - and she won't let anyone take it from her.