private josslyn, you're really in for it now ✧ coyotebite

⋆ ✧    ·   ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ⋆     ·   ✧ ⋆
cheets_lichen_2_headshot.png

Bubbles rush in droves, swarming around like-colored fur as it plunges into the deep of the icy-flecked waters. It isn't the most effective manner of fishing but from the stepping stones, they are harder to reach than ever and what better way to make long limbs worth their weight than to stretch them into the rapids with ivory-dipping claws. Contact slips between claws in slimy, armored struggle but she is dedicated to this catch, knows the sensation of burning, churning emptiness and will not suffer it again. The rogues may've driven them out... but they are home. Among the reeds and dripping creeks they are at their strongest...

Hooked in cautious grasp, teeth latch on to keep her prey safely secured. It wriggles and writhes in her jaws as she resurfaces with droplets dusted fringe half-obscuring her vision, swimming with blind consideration towards the floating rocks. Digging into the slick stones, the RiverClan deputy hoists herself up onto sturdy ground with a small huff of effort. Pale eyes skim their surroundings, making note of how far off her apprentices may have traveled to find some success- the shadows of the fish are hard to make out with the clouds rolling above.

Dropping the scaled prize onto the rock, she places a possessive paw over it to keep it there. No runaways on her watch...

"Frigid..." she comments softly to herself, thinking about the way her skin must feel alike ice to the touch. She'd call it a day soon enough... go home to share tongues with her clan, with her mate. That would be good enough... She shakes to dispel some of the liquid from her coat, giving a small, satisfied hum to listen to its gentle dripping. The sound of undergrowth snapping from the shore draws her attention, narrowing as she gauges how far across the river she'd wandered. The stones lead all the way to ThunderClan's side... she lingers more than halfway across it but knows better than to trespass so blatantly as to trot upon foul-stenched borders.

WELL IF YOU WANT MY BLOOD I'LL MAKE SO MUCH BLOOD
THAT YOU'RE GONNA FUCKING DROWN

Something had called to her that day, beckoning her closer to the border. Was it the hope of trying (and likely failing) to catch a fish that brought her closer to Rivercland's border? Or was there something else that lay beyond the border that called to her? Regardless of the matter, Coyotebite found herself slinking through the forest territory, keeping a careful eye on the border. Strangely enough, she found herself watching Lichentail, the Riverclan deputy more than halfway across the rocks thrown in the river. A stern expression would cloud her gaze as she quickly concluded that the situation needed to be handled. If anything, maybe she could come out of it with the fish grasped between her claws? "What are you doing on the Thunderclan side of the rocks?" Her tail would swish behind her idly, a key signal to her short temper. Regardless of the situation, with leaf-bare in the air, tensions between the clans were high.

// sorry for the delayed response !! prompt: given leafbare's hardships, border skirmishes may become more frequent and aggressive. coyotebite is involved in a physical fight, one that seems vicious but one that also sparked from a petty reason. does she believe killing is the only way out? how does she decide whether to show mercy or not?

Reactions: lichenstar
⋆ ✧    ·   ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ⋆     ·   ✧ ⋆
cheets_lichen_2_headshot.png
Her lips draw back in an unwelcoming snarl the moment haughty voice rises to yell at her. Just who did this kid think they were? She glances between her paws, firmly planted amongst the stones in the middle of the river, tracing it in a straight line back to the loud-mouth on the shore. "Ha! ThunderClan's rocks? You must be mistaken, as your clan often is about rocks and who they belong to."

Her eyes narrow in impatience, pulling her fish possessively closer as a familiar, numbing gnawing in her belly from months ago when rogues had stolen most of their prey and left them starving returns. She would not relinquish a fish this poser couldn't have even caught!

"I caught this fish fair and square, not like your inexperienced paws would've got it even if you tried. Come on then, rat, come try to take it from me," she dares, hunched over the prey with a dripping tail lashing like a freaky sea witch staking her claim on foggy pebbles.

--- you're good homie no worries >:)

WELL IF YOU WANT MY BLOOD I'LL MAKE SO MUCH BLOOD
THAT YOU'RE GONNA FUCKING DROWN